The Threat Of The Delta Variant Looms Large In The Unvaccinated South

A caveat on Delta from this report, in three parts:
Three Simple Rules That Underscore the Danger of Delta
The Atlantic health/archive/2021/07/3-principles-now-define-pandemic/619336

1. Vaccines are still beating the variants.

2. The variants are pummeling the unvaccinated.

3. The longer principle No. 2 holds, the less likely No. 1 will hold.’

No Vax, no mask and healthy as a horse. Get out from under your bed.

Dumbass, there are old people refusing the vaccine that can carry.

Sorry little man, I am 64. I am not afraid and I can think without Fauci telling what I should or shouldn't do.

And the anti-vaxxer goofballs lose another round (like every round). The early data shows vaccinated people are protected against the variants.

Sorry little man, I am 64. I am not afraid and I can think without Fauci telling what I should or shouldn't do.
I’m 74, older than you, though not as stupid as you.

You're a coward.

Delta seems to be the last stronghold for sensationalist journalism, though it’s not wise to underestimate this virus If it takes off in the unvaccinated.

You're a coward.
You are stupid, and stupidity always gets the reality it deserves.

You're a coward.
You are stupid, and stupidity always gets the reality it deserves.

You're a coward. Ask Tony to tuck you in sissy boi.

Israel launched a sweeping vaccination campaign after obtaining millions of doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

More than 55 percent of Israel's population - some 5.2 million people - have received both doses of the vaccine.

Nearly a third of the new cases recorded in the past week have been found in vaccinated people, with many of the new infections being the delta variant. Israel faces fresh Covid surge and calls for teens to be jabbed
So much for vaxxing

Not going to lie, it's disturbing to hear that nearly a third of 125 ppl who got the variant are from the fully vaccinated. This is why herd immunity is so important. What is reassuring is that those 35 ppl or so will not be gasping for breath and dying anytime soon because they got the vaccine. The vaccines aren't purely for protecting you from getting infected, they protect against severe disease and death as well. So far, vaxxing is working.

“The number of new COVID cases jumped in Florida over the past week, as the positivity rate continued to go in the wrong direction.

Florida on Friday reported a 48% increase in new COVID cases for the week ending July 8. There were 23,697 new cases reported for the week, up from 15,978 for the previous week.”

More red state incompetence.

“The number of new COVID cases jumped in Florida over the past week, as the positivity rate continued to go in the wrong direction.

Florida on Friday reported a 48% increase in new COVID cases for the week ending July 8. There were 23,697 new cases reported for the week, up from 15,978 for the previous week.”

More red state incompetence.

In Scotland, fully vaccinated people account for most Covid deaths.

In Scotland, fully vaccinated people account for most Covid deaths.
Nope! FYI-41 deaths in total for all vaccinated people in Scotland who also had several contributing co-morbidites, comes to 1 in every 100,000 double vaccinated people, 0.001%....

the majority of new infections, hospitalizations and deaths are in the unvaccinated.

I don't know that I've ever seen statistics this clear. There is almost a direct correlation between the states with the lowest vaccination rates, and those with the most new cases, and almost everyone who gets hospitalized and dies is unvaccinated.

We can't count on herd immunity, either. From what I've read, that wouldn't take effect until 70-80% of the population was vaccinated, and right now, only five states (all in New England) are even over 60%.

The national average is 48.6%. Less than half, although to be fair, about 15% of the population are under 12, and so aren't eligible yet. The highest is Vermont at 67%, but the lowest is Alabama at 33%. What are they thinking?

Nope! FYI-41 deaths in total for all vaccinated people in Scotland who also had several contributing co-morbidites, comes to 1 in every 100,000 double vaccinated people, 0.001%....

the majority of new infections, hospitalizations and deaths are in the unvaccinated.

They're playing a few shell games here:

1. They're going back four weeks to cover for the surge in cases that makes no difference if you vaxxed or not, which has largely taken place over the last couple of weeks

2. They're blaming vax deaths on "co-morbidities". Vaccines were supposed to PROTECT people WITH co-morbidities more than others

There's really a lot of shell gaming going on here. You should here instead what the health minister in the UK said. 60% of new Covid admissions in the UK RECENTLY had at least one dose of vaccine. 40% were fully vaccinated.

They're playing a few shell games here:

1. They're going back four weeks to cover for the surge in cases that makes no difference if you vaxxed or not, which has largely taken place over the last couple of weeks

2. They're blaming vax deaths on "co-morbidities". Vaccines were supposed to PROTECT people WITH co-morbidities more than others

There's really a lot of shell gaming going on here. You should here instead what the health minister in the UK said. 60% of new Covid admissions in the UK RECENTLY had at least one dose of vaccine. 40% were fully vaccinated.

Yeah, sometimes I will listen to establishment propaganda.

You now how those stations will sometime do those human interest pieces about this person or that person that "died," of COVID. . . . Mostly because it causes the weak minded and super emotional to stop their critical thinking.

I was listening to NPR today. . . a segment that took like five minutes. At the end of it all, turns out this nurse had gotten the first shot and died three days later of COVID.

I'm thinking to myself. . . yeah, right, sure he did. He survived the entire past year and a half, got the first hot, and then just happened to die three days later of COVID.

:rolleyes:

Of all the folks they say that are "un-vaccinated," dying of COVID, they couldn't find one of those for that spot huh? :dunno:

Forum List

Back