The Three GOP Candidates' Faiths, Should it Matter to You

Well, first ,they are Jewish or Christian.

Aside from that, they have different kinds of values that are not fatalistic in nature and believe that mankind is made in the image of God and are thus humanistic.
Exactly. And this is what scares the left about the right more than anything. And also the GOP sheisters like Cheney & co too. They know the person will have at least a leaning towards making the voice of sanity and compassion dominant to the current agenda of the day. Far left: sex politics. Far right: money politics. Both, not the focus of the Spirit's Word..

ie: the Devil can't whisper as easily into the ear of a person with a solid faith as they can one who does not have that.

That's false. The I/p is obsessed.

Obsessed with a quest for reason and an end to amoral agendas. Guilty as charged. :thup:

The candidates should answer to our political system.... not their religious affiliations.
It might matter to some voters. Hence the reason I posted the thread. Are you going to tell voters that it's illegal for them to vote with their faith? (That'll be next after throwing Kim Davis in jail...)

the constitution specifically prohibits a religious litmus test for office.

what your private religious beliefs are....should be your religious beliefs, not my political system

Nobody's ever proposed otherwise Jillian... and for the record, there is no litmus test to ensure one is devoid of any religious beliefs.

Nor should there be.

and yes. The radical religious right very much wants their dogma enacted into law. I wish it wasn't the case

People on both sides want their dogma enacted into law... dogma is dogma.

No no no no! People are born wanting to have sex with another dude's anus and then teaching that to kids in school as OK! It's not really a lifestyle practice or cult dogma! ...lol..

The candidates should answer to our political system.... not their religious affiliations.
It might matter to some voters. Hence the reason I posted the thread. Are you going to tell voters that it's illegal for them to vote with their faith? (That'll be next after throwing Kim Davis in jail...)

what your private religious beliefs are....should be your religious beliefs, not my political system
The COTUS certainly does not prohibit voters from considering religion when voting, which is obviously what the OP was getting at, your twisting aside.

I'm good if we get rid of the socons who worship God and the leftists like Jillian who worship Obama and the Democrat party and the rest of us can decide. That would be a huge improvement over what we have now

I'm just tired of morons who think that "separation of church and state" means that voters and politicians shouldn't be allowed to use their religious mores to try to shape policy. Being a religious person doesn't disqualify you or make your views less important.
So then they'll be shaping policy based on someone's religious understanding. Correct?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

How does a Jewish or Christian politician differ from those who are not?

Well, first ,they are Jewish or Christian.

Aside from that, they have different kinds of values that are not fatalistic in nature and believe that mankind is made in the image of God and are thus humanistic.
First one doesn't make any sense. It's like saying they're good because they're good.

Second one is also very vague, and more specifically subjective.

Nobody's ever proposed otherwise Jillian... and for the record, there is no litmus test to ensure one is devoid of any religious beliefs.

Nor should there be.

and yes. The radical religious right very much wants their dogma enacted into law. I wish it wasn't the case

Religious dogma is the worst. Who can argue with "God told me to..? "

Nor should there be.

Religious dogma is the worst. Who can argue with "God told me to..? "

God

The COTUS certainly does not prohibit voters from considering religion when voting, which is obviously what the OP was getting at, your twisting aside.

I'm good if we get rid of the socons who worship God and the leftists like Jillian who worship Obama and the Democrat party and the rest of us can decide. That would be a huge improvement over what we have now

I'm just tired of morons who think that "separation of church and state" means that voters and politicians shouldn't be allowed to use their religious mores to try to shape policy. Being a religious person doesn't disqualify you or make your views less important.

"Separation of church and state" isn't in the Constitution, that's a quote from a judge a hundred years ago. What was unconstitutional was having a State religion. There was no "separation" mentioned

Cruz was born in Canada. How did he ever get in an elected office to begin with. If he is American, should he also be considered Cuban ?? When do Canadians get to vote in our elections ? Might as well go all the way !

So then they'll be shaping policy based on someone's religious understanding. Correct?

How is that different than anyone else? Everyone has assistance in forming their opinions. Your religion is liberalism, so why is it fair that you vote then on what government should do when you're directly voting on your religion itself? You gotta ... think

Cruz was born in Canada. How did he ever get in an elected office to begin with. If he is American, should he also be considered Cuban ?? When do Canadians get to vote in our elections ? Might as well go all the way !

His mother was American, he's a natural born Citizen just like any other citizen born to at least one American parent

No no no no! People are born wanting to have sex with another dude's anus and then teaching that to kids in school as OK! It's not really a lifestyle practice or cult dogma! ...lol..

Just as people are born wanting to worship a fairy in the sky, and then teaching that to kids in school as OK.

Its not really a lifestyle practice or cult dogma!

If he had dual citizenship. He should have given up the Canadian one before ever being allowed to be a citizen. Dual citizenship with Iran or Russia...Senator. Not a good thing. Is that like being a open Manchurian Candidate ??
His Tea Bag Canadian agenda really sticks out in my mind.

Typically I would be less likely to vote for an Evangelical Christian.

Just as people are born wanting to worship a fairy in the sky, and then teaching that to kids in school as OK.

Its not really a lifestyle practice or cult dogma!

You're an idiot.

If he had dual citizenship. He should have given up the Canadian one before ever being allowed to be a citizen. Dual citizenship with Iran or Russia...Senator. Not a good thing. Is that like being a open Manchurian Candidate ??
His Tea Bag Canadian agenda really sticks out in my mind.

The hyperbole aside, that's fine, but it isn't the law currently. I'm not big on the US allowing dual citizenship either. But that doesn't mean Cruz should be held to a standard that wasn't the law when he was born or is even the law now.

Forum List

Back