The Three GOP Candidates' Faiths, Should it Matter to You

People on both sides want their dogma enacted into law... dogma is dogma.

No no no no! People are born wanting to have sex with another dude's anus and then teaching that to kids in school as OK! It's not really a lifestyle practice or cult dogma! ...lol..

Just as people are born wanting to worship a fairy in the sky, and then teaching that to kids in school as OK.

Its not really a lifestyle practice or cult dogma!

You're an idiot.

Coming from you- that is a compliment.

If he had dual citizenship. He should have given up the Canadian one before ever being allowed to be a citizen. Dual citizenship with Iran or Russia...Senator. Not a good thing. Is that like being a open Manchurian Candidate ??
His Tea Bag Canadian agenda really sticks out in my mind.

The hyperbole aside, that's fine, but it isn't the law currently. I'm not big on the US allowing dual citizenship either. But that doesn't mean Cruz should be held to a standard that wasn't the law when he was born or is even the law now.

Legally you are absolutely correct.

Of course the voters can take that into consideration if they want to- which is probably the main reason Trump mentioned Cruz's place of birth so often.

Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz: Southern Baptist. Also: Canadian by birth, renounced May 2014 and ineligible to run for POTUS. Ted Cruz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Donald Trump (or Drumpf): Hedonism, near as one can tell: Donald Trump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Kasich: raised Catholic (admits it will be with him for life), currently Anglican (derived from Church of England). John Kasich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just as an aside, if the GOP wants more Hispanics and traditional values, which candidate would heal the brand and bring those back in?
We elected a Muslim and now you want me to worry about this? I'd take Jew at this point, but not that particular Jew. (-:

No no no no! People are born wanting to have sex with another dude's anus and then teaching that to kids in school as OK! It's not really a lifestyle practice or cult dogma! ...lol..

Just as people are born wanting to worship a fairy in the sky, and then teaching that to kids in school as OK.

You're an idiot.

Wow, so what. normally people call you worse? I can see that.

You know, food for thought.. when you go on a website and trash people of faith you really are no better than the people of faith who trash non-believers. You're the same person.

Cruz was born in Canada. How did he ever get in an elected office to begin with. If he is American, should he also be considered Cuban ?? When do Canadians get to vote in our elections ? Might as well go all the way !

He got more votes than the other guy

You're an idiot.

Wow, so what. normally people call you worse? I can see that.

You know, food for thought.. when you go on a website and trash people of faith you really are no better than the people of faith who trash non-believers. You're the same person.

And when did I trash people of faith?

Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz: Southern Baptist. Also: Canadian by birth, renounced May 2014 and ineligible to run for POTUS. Ted Cruz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Donald Trump (or Drumpf): Hedonism, near as one can tell: Donald Trump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Kasich: raised Catholic (admits it will be with him for life), currently Anglican (derived from Church of England). John Kasich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just as an aside, if the GOP wants more Hispanics and traditional values, which candidate would heal the brand and bring those back in?
We elected a Muslim and now you want me to worry about this? (-:

The ignorance of the right wing nut jobs explains a great deal of Trump's popularity.

If he had dual citizenship. He should have given up the Canadian one before ever being allowed to be a citizen. Dual citizenship with Iran or Russia...Senator. Not a good thing. Is that like being a open Manchurian Candidate ??
His Tea Bag Canadian agenda really sticks out in my mind.

If you give up citizenship then by definition you don't have dual citizenship.... I don't really think that's a difficult concept

The candidates should answer to our political system.... not their religious affiliations.
It might matter to some voters. Hence the reason I posted the thread. Are you going to tell voters that it's illegal for them to vote with their faith? (That'll be next after throwing Kim Davis in jail...)

This thread is not for atheists, it's for folks who have religion. Atheists' comments here are worth exactly zilch.
what a moron, your delsuions or anyone's religious delusions have nothing to do with elective office or their eligibility to run or office

We elected a Muslim and now you want me to worry about this? I'd take Jew at this point, but not that particular Jew. (-:

even a jew, huh? :rolleyes:

The candidates should answer to our political system.... not their religious affiliations.
It might matter to some voters. Hence the reason I posted the thread. Are you going to tell voters that it's illegal for them to vote with their faith? (That'll be next after throwing Kim Davis in jail...)

This thread is not for atheists, it's for folks who have religion. Atheists' comments here are worth exactly zilch.
what a moron, your delsuions or anyone's religious delusions have nothing to do with elective office or their eligibility to run or office

Their faith, if it's a living faith, gives then them the character, virtue, and discipline to be the type of leader this nation needs. Otherwise we have amoral spineless sleazy men in office. Like Obama or even scarier, someone like you

Their faith, if it's a living faith, gives then them the character, virtue, and discipline to be the type of leader this nation needs. Otherwise we have amoral spineless sleazy men in office. Like Obama or even scarier, someone like you

you can have morality without religion.

but that isn't what we're talking about.

if it's a living faith, gives then them the character, virtue, and discipline

How insane and delusional is that!!!

I am sure that there are many voters like you- who will decide that this candidate or that is not acceptable to them because they disagree with your particular brand of religion.

you can have morality without religion.

but that isn't what we're talking about.

You guys claim that all the time. but you never demonstrate that. It's usually quite the opposite, those, like guno for example, are just crotchety, immoral, mean, bitter old men.

And its exactly what we are talking about. We are talking about how important religion is in influencing candidates and unless it makes you a virtuous and moral person it has no influence on you

if it's a living faith, gives then them the character, virtue, and discipline

How insane and delusional is that!!!

Insanity would be separating religion from virtue.

I am sure that there are many voters like you- who will decide that this candidate or that is not acceptable to them because they disagree with your particular brand of religion.

Well I think it would be rather stupid for me to vote for someone hostile to my faith, especially if they are willing to use government to oppress their views. But I've supported many candidates that differ because we share a common view of where we need to take our nation

just like when JFK said he didn't answer to the pope.

the wacky GOP has it butt backwards now.

Marilyn Monroe had a way of taking your thoughts away from God and religion.

cruz wanting to be an ayatollah does bother me. zealots make for alot of dead people.

Forum List

Back