The Three GOP Candidates' Faiths, Should it Matter to You

The candidates should answer to our political system.... not their religious affiliations.
It might matter to some voters. Hence the reason I posted the thread. Are you going to tell voters that it's illegal for them to vote with their faith? (That'll be next after throwing Kim Davis in jail...)

This thread is not for atheists, it's for folks who have religion. Atheists' comments here are worth exactly zilch.
what a moron, your delsuions or anyone's religious delusions have nothing to do with elective office or their eligibility to run or office

Their faith, if it's a living faith, gives then them the character, virtue, and discipline to be the type of leader this nation needs. Otherwise we have amoral spineless sleazy men in office. Like Obama or even scarier, someone like you
if it's a living faith, gives then them the character, virtue, and discipline

How insane and delusional is that!!!

Insanity would be separating religion from virtue.

Insanity would be believing that there is no virtue without religion.

If he had dual citizenship. He should have given up the Canadian one before ever being allowed to be a citizen. Dual citizenship with Iran or Russia...Senator. Not a good thing. Is that like being a open Manchurian Candidate ??
His Tea Bag Canadian agenda really sticks out in my mind.

If you give up citizenship then by definition you don't have dual citizenship.... I don't really think that's a difficult concept

And, he did not do it until 2014 is the point I was making.

Insanity would be believing that there is no virtue without religion.

99.9% of the common man isn't good at inventing virtue out of thin air. They tend to gravitate to the lowest common denominator without a moral framework.

People on both sides want their dogma enacted into law... dogma is dogma.

In some ways, yeah, but in others, no.

While I believe that human life starts with conception due to religious beliefs, I am abhorred with third trimester abortions because the baby is survivable now. I can see no other view of that than that it is the murder of an unborn child.

And while I would vote in favor of making second and third trimester abortion illegal, I would not ever support a law that would make other faiths illegal or compel anyone to every convert to my faith, or require them to attend a church/synagogue of their choice.

I believe in enlightened secularism, that is an approach to governing that does not make direct appeals to religion but takes a values system that is supported by my faith and make it shine a light on legal or policy considerations.

While I would welcome visitors or a small amount of immigration to the USA by non-Judeo-Christian faiths, there are some very serious root conflicts. Some of them are very fatalistic and if a person is poor it is because they are fated to be poor by the gods or God and to help them is an affront to the diety/ies. Some are very violent and want to expand their faith very aggressively and going into a direct confrontation using violent methods is quite acceptable to their faith.

I dont want that here. I have never heard a Jew, or Baptist or Catholic here in America say that we need to kill anyone simply because of their faith. I have heard that personally from Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists. The latter two quite surprised me, but it was cast in a pre-emptive defensive strike kind of thing.

IF we let this country get turned into a Balkanized shit pile of a thousand religions, they will go to war with each other as soon as one of them thinks that they can get away with it.

Pardon me if I dont want my kids and grandkids to grow up in Kosovo USA.

If he had dual citizenship. He should have given up the Canadian one before ever being allowed to be a citizen. Dual citizenship with Iran or Russia...Senator. Not a good thing. Is that like being a open Manchurian Candidate ??
His Tea Bag Canadian agenda really sticks out in my mind.

If you give up citizenship then by definition you don't have dual citizenship.... I don't really think that's a difficult concept

And, he did not do it until 2014 is the point I was making.
Yeah, Cruz was a little late and did it mostly to avoid legal problems.

That is standard behavior for politicians; dont fix it until it is about to blow up in your face then do a Baatan Death March to survive.

How does a Jewish or Christian politician differ from those who are not?

Well, first ,they are Jewish or Christian.

Aside from that, they have different kinds of values that are not fatalistic in nature and believe that mankind is made in the image of God and are thus humanistic.
First one doesn't make any sense. It's like saying they're good because they're good.

Second one is also very vague, and more specifically subjective.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

This country was buil;t on Judeo Christianity and to change that would effectively destroy the culture and create chaos on an unimaginable scale.

For the rest, see post #104

The candidates should answer to our political system.... not their religious affiliations.
It might matter to some voters. Hence the reason I posted the thread. Are you going to tell voters that it's illegal for them to vote with their faith? (That'll be next after throwing Kim Davis in jail...)

This thread is not for atheists, it's for folks who have religion. Atheists' comments here are worth exactly zilch.
what a moron, your delsuions or anyone's religious delusions have nothing to do with elective office or their eligibility to run or office

Their faith, if it's a living faith, gives then them the character, virtue, and discipline to be the type of leader this nation needs. Otherwise we have amoral spineless sleazy men in office. Like Obama or even scarier, someone like you
if it's a living faith, gives then them the character, virtue, and discipline

How insane and delusional is that!!!

Insanity would be separating religion from virtue.

as proven by the people on this board, and many i've met in my life.... there are many evil believers.

there are many righteous atheists.

Aside from that, they have different kinds of values that are not fatalistic in nature and believe that mankind is made in the image of God and are thus humanistic.
First one doesn't make any sense. It's like saying they're good because they're good.

This country was buil;t on Judeo Christianity and to change that would effectively destroy the culture and create chaos on an unimaginable scale.

actually this country was created by deists who wanted the religious types as far away from government as possible.

actually this country was created by deists who wanted the religious types as far away from government as possible.

And most of those Deists were Christians.

Why do you think Deism and Christianity incompatible?

I am sure that there are many voters like you- who will decide that this candidate or that is not acceptable to them because they disagree with your particular brand of religion.

Well I think it would be rather stupid for me to vote for someone hostile to my faith, especially if they are willing to use government to oppress their views. But I've supported many candidates that differ because we share a common view of where we need to take our nation

not following your faith is not the same as being hostile to your faith.

not wanting your faith codified into my law does not mean anyone is hostile to your faith.

but whose faith?

jihadis say it should be theirs...

i think it should be mine.

Spoken like a true ignorant, authoritarian conservative.

And Davis was jailed because she violated a lawful court order, having nothing to do with her faith.

I'm quite surprised at all that postings here that said a candidate's religion doesn't matter to them. Really is shocking after reading countless posts over the years with people raising issue with Obama's.

Religion does matter to me. Of the three I can related more to Kasich.

not wanting your faith codified into my law does not mean anyone is hostile to your faith.

but whose faith?

Yeah, but you're a Crazy Cat Lady too....

I'm quite surprised at all that postings here that said a candidate's religion doesn't matter to them. Really is shocking after reading countless posts over the years with people raising issue with Obama's.

It shouldn’t matter provided a given candidate acknowledges and respects settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence.

Unfortunately, all three republican candidates have contempt for First Amendment case law, Cruz in particular.

It shouldn’t matter provided a given candidate acknowledges and respects settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence.

Unfortunately, all three republican candidates have contempt for First Amendment case law, Cruz in particular.

I take that as saying your decision process wouldn't be affected by a candidate being a white supremacist just as long as he abided by the law.

but whose faith?

Yeah, but you're a Crazy Cat Lady too....

no, lowlife. i'm not.

i understand that you're useless so you feel the need to lash out. you should probably improve your life, you wouldn't be so angry

Thank you. That was I think one of the few posts here that actually addressed the OP in a meaningful way.

Forum List

Back