The tragedy of Alexandria Hill

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
Right. Let me say right from the outset that, while I can find numerous sources for this story, none of them are mainstream. The story, apparently, originally broke on a local CBS affiliate KVUE.com. Now, while one can see, if one goes to the television station's website, and does a search for "Alexandra Hill", that the story did actually exist, at one time, for some reason there are no currently active links to that story on the local news website.

That being said, here is the story, as being related by Alternet, The Daily Chronic, The Daily Kos, and other alternative information sites:

Two-year-old Alexandria Hill was placed in foster care after her parents were caught smoking marijuana in their home while she slept. Authorities charged them with "neglectful supervision," and just months away from getting their baby back, the loving parents learned they would never see their young child again. Placed in a foster home to protect her from them, Alexandria was brutally killed.

When are we going to figure out that marijuana smoking is no more "unsafe" than drinking, or smoking cigarettes. I mean, what? If dad occasionally got drunk - not drunk, and abusive, mind you' just drunk - at home, we gonna yank the kid out then, too?

And, yeah, I know...all the moralists are gonna come rushing along to remind us that, "Well...he was breaking the law..." Yeah, and? I don't wear my seat belt when I drive. I'm breaking the law. Should DCFS get to waltz in, and yank my kid away?

Alternet got it right:

In the case of Alexandria Hill, she was clearly much safer with her parents than in foster care. Rather than helping her, removing this little girl from a loving home on a flimsy pretext is what killed her.

This is why I absolutely hate morality-based laws. They, invariably, do more harm than good. We need to decriminalize drug use, and let people do what the fuck they want with their own lives, and bodies. At that point, if a parent can be shown to be doing demonstrable harm to their kid, then sure, step in. Otherwise, stay the fuck outa people's homes, and families!

Right. Let me say right from the outset that, while I can find numerous sources for this story, none of them are mainstream. The story, apparently, originally broke on a local CBS affiliate KVUE.com. Now, while one can see, if one goes to the television station's website, and does a search for "Alexandra Hill", that the story did actually exist, at one time, for some reason there are no currently active links to that story on the local news website.

That being said, here is the story, as being related by Alternet, The Daily Chronic, The Daily Kos, and other alternative information sites:

Two-year-old Alexandria Hill was placed in foster care after her parents were caught smoking marijuana in their home while she slept. Authorities charged them with "neglectful supervision," and just months away from getting their baby back, the loving parents learned they would never see their young child again. Placed in a foster home to protect her from them, Alexandria was brutally killed.

When are we going to figure out that marijuana smoking is no more "unsafe" than drinking, or smoking cigarettes. I mean, what? If dad occasionally got drunk - not drunk, and abusive, mind you' just drunk - at home, we gonna yank the kid out then, too?

And, yeah, I know...all the moralists are gonna come rushing along to remind us that, "Well...he was breaking the law..." Yeah, and? I don't wear my seat belt when I drive. I'm breaking the law. Should DCFS get to waltz in, and yank my kid away?

Alternet got it right:

In the case of Alexandria Hill, she was clearly much safer with her parents than in foster care. Rather than helping her, removing this little girl from a loving home on a flimsy pretext is what killed her.

This is why I absolutely hate morality-based laws. They, invariably, do more harm than good. We need to decriminalize drug use, and let people do what the fuck they want with their own lives, and bodies. At that point, if a parent can be shown to be doing demonstrable harm to their kid, then sure, step in. Otherwise, stay the fuck outa people's homes, and families!

I seriously doubt that's a true story

Alternet got it right:

Well, like I said, you can check out the KVUE.com archives, and there was certainly an Alexandra Hill who was killed in foster care, and they were, indeed, covering the story. Now, why none of their links to the story are active, I don't know. You would have to ask KVUE. Although your response does bring up an interesting point. Why is it that we should always, without question, accept every asinine, nutcake story that comes out of Breitbart, the Daily News, Washington Times, or fuckprogressivefucktards.com, as absolutely accurate, and indisputably honest, unbiased, and true, but anytime a disturbing progressive story comes out, then, unless it is fully vetted, and confirmed by at least three maintstream sources - preferably FOX being one of them - then it didn't happen?

Alternet got it right:

Well, like I said, you can check out the KVUE.com archives, and there was certainly an Alexandra Hill who was killed in foster care, and they were, indeed, covering the story. Now, why none of their links to the story are active, I don't know. You would have to ask KVUE. Although your response does bring up an interesting point. Why is it that we should always, without question, accept every asinine, nutcake story that comes out of Breitbart, the Daily News, Washington Times, or fuckprogressivefucktards.com, as absolutely accurate, and indisputably honest, unbiased, and true, but anytime a disturbing progressive story comes out, then, unless it is fully vetted, and confirmed by at least three maintstream sources - preferably FOX being one of them - then it didn't happen?

I don't believe the lamestream media without additional evidence either. Here in North Carolina the "mainstream" media constantly just flat out lie about the Republican controlled legislature. For example, they report that HB2 prevents businesses from allowing transgenders into the bathroom of it's choice. It just doesn't, in fact it says the reverse, that it's up to the business who uses their bathroom. Yet they all repeat that lie, there are way more than three of them repeating the same lie

Alternet got it right:

I don't believe the lamestream media without additional evidence either. Here in North Carolina the "mainstream" media constantly just flat out lie about the Republican controlled legislature. For example, they report that HB2 prevents businesses from allowing transgenders into the bathroom of it's choice. It just doesn't, in fact it says the reverse, that it's up to the business who uses their bathroom. Yet they all repeat that lie, there are way more than three of them repeating the same lie
Well...you don't believe it from alternative sources, you don't accept mainstream media as confirmation, so what? If Brietbart, or some other conservative blogger talks about it, it didn't happen?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Come back when you have some facts. Cobbling together a story to fit an agenda is lame. I doubt very seriously the child was taken for pot smoking in the house.

Alternet got it right:

Well...you don't believe it from alternative sources, you don't accept mainstream media as confirmation, so what? If Brietbart, or some other conservative blogger talks about it, it didn't happen?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

That's not what I said. Additional evidence could be provided through the media. You know a lot of sources of information are available on the Internet, it's not just the "media." When I want to verify a claim, I usually start there and see what evidence and sources there are. There are also interviews on the media where I can see what various people say.

I'm saying I don't just believe an article that makes a claim. And why would I believe a conservative blogger?

Come back when you have some facts. Cobbling together a story to fit an agenda is lame. I doubt very seriously the child was taken for pot smoking in the house.
And again...if it doesn't come from fuckprogressivefucktards.com, it didn't happen...
Come back with a reliable source instead of foaming over because people don't hold up lefty websites as the gospels.

The cops were cool with the body parts in the freezer, no, it was the pot ...

And again...if it doesn't come from fuckprogressivefucktards.com, it didn't happen...
Come back with a reliable source instead of foaming over because people don't hold up lefty websites as the gospels.
Refer to my previous statement...

Still nothing? I'll ignore the story for what it is then, bullshit.

Of course you will. It didn't come from fuckallprogressivefucktards.com so it didn't happen. Typical partisan bullshit.

Thanks for stopping by.

Alternet got it right:

Do you have links to the NC media reporting that? Are you sure they weren't talking about public restrooms in government buildings which the law does prevent trans people from using?

Of course you will. It didn't come from fuckallprogressivefucktards.com so it didn't happen. Typical partisan bullshit.

Thanks for stopping by.
No one is interested in your bullshit pal.
Permanent Ignore.

Another source. And, another one. How many different sources would you guys like, before you consider this to be a story worth talking about?

Thanks for stopping by.

If you read the articles, they don't say how they know the child was removed for them smoking pot. One said the mother couldn't be left alone for medical reasons with the child. One said they had "limited parenting skills" but it wasn't clear if that meant the pot or something else. None really cited the court case where the child was removed. They didn't say how they knew the parents smoked pot. Were they arrested? The links you provided I read were all long on assumption and skimpy on facts. They seem to all just be various articles written on the same three talking points.

And where did the body parts in the freezer come from?

Forum List

Back