The true nature of USMB :)

Ya know, I've come to a realization, and it makes me wonder why we have these debates.

Neither side is ever going to convince the other that they are right/wrong.

The left will always say that they are never wrong and are always on the right side of everything, and they will say that the right is always wrong about everything, and are always on then wrong side of everything.

I've realized that, when you run into a person like that, one who can never admit fault on their side, and can never find any good in the other side, you've run into a partisan who has completely drank the Kool aid for their team. Unfortunately this goes for both sides.

As far as the debates here, I'm starting to believe that its not about trying to convince the other side (that will never happen), I think its just about the argument..... People just want to come here and argue and insult. Thats pretty much it.

It took you three years to figure that out?

I hope the discussions here may help some look at issues in a different way then before. Maybe some new idea that was created here may get noticed and do some good in the world.
Highly unlikely...
LWers are emotionally and mentally ill and RWers suffer from Avarice and Greed.
Oh, you actually do believe you're an independent. That's funny.
4i6Ckte.gif
Define independent.

Righty likes to bleat on and on about the left having control over the MSM in this country.
If that is true, why is that?
The Reich have plenty of big, big money donors. Billionaire after billionaire lining up to contribute to the causes.
Isn't there enough money on the Reich to get a couple of right-wing outlets up and running. You know get the truth out there to the masses.
I know Faux Noose, Breitbart, Daily Stormer or some Reighty hot spots. But with all this demand for the truth and to drown out all the fake news that the left is spewing nowadays, there HAS to be more outlets for the truth. The wisdom. The knowledge.

Righty likes to bleat on and on about the left having control over the MSM in this country.
The Reich have plenty of big, big money donors. Billionaire after billionaire lining up to contribute to the causes.
Isn't there enough money on the Reich to get a couple of right-wing outlets up and running. You know get the truth out there to the masses.
I know Faux Noose, Breitbart, Daily Stormer or some Reighty hot spots. But with all this demand for the truth and to drown out all the fake news that the left is spewing nowadays, there HAS to be more outlets for the truth. The wisdom. The knowledge.
Both sides, in actuality, love open borders.
The main difference is that a Liberal will toss you a breadcrumb.

Ya know, I've come to a realization, and it makes me wonder why we have these debates.

The left will always say that they are never wrong and are always on the right side of everything, and they will say that the right is always wrong about everything, and are always on then wrong side of everything.

I've realized that, when you run into a person like that, one who can never admit fault on their side, and can never find any good in the other side, you've run into a partisan who has completely drank the Kool aid for their team. Unfortunately this goes for both sides.

As far as the debates here, I'm starting to believe that its not about trying to convince the other side (that will never happen), I think its just about the argument..... People just want to come here and argue and insult. Thats pretty much it.
Ya think..??

1607819298248.png

Both sides, in actuality, love open borders.
The main difference is that a Liberal will toss you a breadcrumb.
If you read the quote in my signature line, that's what it's all about.
Giving a damn about your fellow citizens. Helping other people in need.
I know the Reich is all about "Let them moochers pull themselves up by their bootstraps like my Pa did back during the Depression".
Morally and ethically bankrupt. The whole damn lot of them.

I hope the discussions here may help some look at issues in a different way then before. Maybe some new idea that was created here may get noticed and do some good in the world.
Highly unlikely...
4i6Ckte.gif
Define independent.
Ok, dude. I'm an independent, too.
4i6Ckte.gif

Highly unlikely...
4i6Ckte.gif
Define independent.
Ok, dude. I'm an independent, too.
4i6Ckte.gif
Yeah...

I only come here for the weed...

I think you’re right. I do like a good insult.

Trying to "debate" on an online forum like this is pointless for the most part. You can definitely stumble into some interesting conversations now and then, but you're right -- otherwise it's not worth the effort.

I do think, though, that it's a great place to observe behaviors and tactics, and to try to draw some conclusions about motivations. You're not going to change a mind, but you may be able to understand why people say and think what they say and think. That can be damn interesting. It's a freakin' 24-hour online psychological / sociological / anthropological study lab.
I agree with this. I also post on these boards to sharpen my own arguments. That way, when I converse with mature adults I'm better informed, better prepared, more focused, more succinct.
Based on what I’ve seen from you, I don’t think you’ve learned very much.

Trying to "debate" on an online forum like this is pointless for the most part. You can definitely stumble into some interesting conversations now and then, but you're right -- otherwise it's not worth the effort.

I do think, though, that it's a great place to observe behaviors and tactics, and to try to draw some conclusions about motivations. You're not going to change a mind, but you may be able to understand why people say and think what they say and think. That can be damn interesting. It's a freakin' 24-hour online psychological / sociological / anthropological study lab.
I agree with this. I also post on these boards to sharpen my own arguments. That way, when I converse with mature adults I'm better informed, better prepared, more focused, more succinct.
Based on what I’ve seen from you, I don’t think you’ve learned very much.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

USMB is a kooky right wing message board run by right wing nuts. There are a few left wing posters.
and you are the first post to prove the ops point ....

Far Right wingers come here to act out the behaviors that would get them fired or that would cost them their family and friends. the left wingers seem to come here to gawk at the strange menagerie of far right wing weirdos and provide pushback against their insanity.. I know that is the main reason I visit.

To me, even if you do find people here who don't understand where you are coming from concerning whatever is being addressed, you will find people who will back you up, and in my opinion, there is no such thing as too much support, especially when the subject of conversation is something that you personally relate to.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back