🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Trump implosion

Was almost 100% preventable had Donald Trump just exercised some damn discretion.
He CLEARLY isnt listening to his advisiors. If he was he wouldnt be tweeting a shitstorm after every single story.

I feel sorry for his staff & family. Still better than Hillary I suppose but it's time to start grooming A REAL CONSERVATIVE for the next cycle. As I stated for MONTHS before the election, Trump is no conservative, in fact he was a life long Democrat. The only reason he ran for president is because everyone told him he couldn't. His ego had to prove everyone wrong & here we sit.

Trump has ALWAYS been like this. ALWAYS. It was right there in his campaign. Right there when he obessively twitter stormed for weeks a former model for criticizing him.

Why is anyone even surprised?

You all kept waiting for him to act more "presidential", made excuses....this is WHO HE IS.

it was all about the housing bubble created by low income mortgages. read up. Acorn.

No, fucker, you need to read up. The mortgage bubble was caused by subprime loans that saw their standards "dramatically weakened" starting in 2004 and extending into 2007. So who was in charge from 2004-7? Who do regulators work for? What branch of government?
So it wasn't the tax cuts, it was the subprime loans.

Was almost 100% preventable had Donald Trump just exercised some damn discretion.
He CLEARLY isnt listening to his advisiors. If he was he wouldnt be tweeting a shitstorm after every single story.

I feel sorry for his staff & family. Still better than Hillary I suppose but it's time to start grooming A REAL CONSERVATIVE for the next cycle. As I stated for MONTHS before the election, Trump is no conservative, in fact he was a life long Democrat. The only reason he ran for president is because everyone told him he couldn't. His ego had to prove everyone wrong & here we sit.

Trump has ALWAYS been like this. ALWAYS. It was right there in his campaign. Right there when he obessively twitter stormed for weeks a former model for criticizing him.

You all kept waiting for him to act more "presidential", made excuses....this is WHO HE IS.
I said all that BEFORE he even won the nomination so kindly gtfo your high horse. This is an observation of CURRENT events nitwit

Depends who you talk to and when you talk to them. In 2004, Conservatives were saying the growth of the housing market was because of the tax cuts. Bush even said so in his campaign speeches, as Fox News reported. When the housing market turned into a housing bubble that popped, suddenly the growth in housing wasn't because of the tax cuts, but because of something else.

So were Conservatives bullshitting us in 2004, or are they bullshitting us today?

to blame bush is asinine, but what else would I expect form a lefty that can't see the truth.

Bush is entirely, 100% to blame. It was Bush who flooded the market with subprime loans beginning in 2004. It was Bush whose regulators ceased enforcing lending standards beginning in 2004. It was Bush who wiped out state protections against predatory lending in 2003. It was Bush who removed leveraging restrictions for Wall Street banks. It was Bush who "let the industry police itself". It was Bush who reversed a Clinton HUD rule that prohibited GSE's from purchasing risky subprimes. Bush did all of this specifically in 2003-4 because his tax cuts did not lead to the growth he promised, and he needed something to make the economy look like it was growing when it really wasn't ahead of the 2004 election. That's why he went around crediting his tax cuts for the growth in the housing market. Bush's Tax Cuts were supposed to "pay for themselves". When they didn't, and when economic growth from 2001-03 was the worst in 80 years, he and his cronies took deliberate action to inflate a housing bubble so that the economy would grow and they could say the tax cuts were the reason why. Fast forward to today, and you have Conservatives now saying that his tax cuts didn't cause the housing bubble, even though 13 years ago, they were saying the housing market was proof the tax cuts worked.

So how many times are you people going to jerk off some bullshit before finally admitting you're full of it, and always have been?
nice that you ignored the investigation. but hey, a leftist is always waaaaaay off base. thanks.

and I am fine with who he is. so, everyone has stated such. where are you going?

Nonsense. He's the embodiment of everything the right stands for. That's why his supporters are so die hard, they're worse than groupies.

nice that you ignored the investigation. but hey, a leftist is always waaaaaay off base. thanks.

So, you're the snowflake who brought this up in the first place, and when I smack you down, turning you into the cuck you are, suddenly you freeze up? What happened to all the "genius" Conservative arguments shirking blame for the housing bubble? Did you just give up when you realized you were tangling with someone who actually knows this subject?

Depends who you talk to and when you talk to them. In 2004, Conservatives were saying the growth of the housing market was because of the tax cuts. Bush even said so in his campaign speeches, as Fox News reported. When the housing market turned into a housing bubble that popped, suddenly the growth in housing wasn't because of the tax cuts, but because of something else.

So were Conservatives bullshitting us in 2004, or are they bullshitting us today?
Yes, people having money to spend did contribute to growth in the housing market. That, in and of itself was a good thing. The bad thing was the approving of home loans to people that really could not afford the payments on the loans. The tax cuts were not the cause of the bubble. Growth does not necessary equal bubble. However, if you want to keep believing the tax cuts caused that problem, so be it.

Nonsense. He's the embodiment of everything the right stands for. That's why his supporters are so die hard, they're worse than groupies.
That's hilarious.

The Republican party is split 3 ways over Trump.
Haters
Fanboys
Indifferent

Obama and his followers as well as the Democrat party all walked in lockstep & spoke from one talking points memo.

So, you're the snowflake who brought this up in the first place, and when I smack you down, turning you into the cuck you are, suddenly you freeze up? What happened to all the "genius" Conservative arguments shirking blame for the housing bubble? Did you just give up when you realized you were tangling with someone who actually knows this subject?
I brought it up? too funny. it started in the 1970s under carter and it's fking bush's fault. Barney Frank and his legislation pals throw all kinds of bullshit out :

Frank's fingerprints are all over the financial fiasco - The Boston Globe

"The roots of this crisis go back to the Carter administration. That was when government officials, egged on by left-wing activists, began accusing mortgage lenders of racism and "redlining" because urban blacks were being denied mortgages at a higher rate than suburban whites.

The pressure to make more loans to minorities (read: to borrowers with weak credit histories) became relentless. Congress passed the Community Reinvestment Act, empowering regulators to punish banks that failed to "meet the credit needs" of "low-income, minority, and distressed neighborhoods." Lenders responded by loosening their underwriting standards and making increasingly shoddy loans. The two government-chartered mortgage finance firms, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, encouraged this "subprime" lending by authorizing ever more "flexible" criteria by which high-risk borrowers could be qualified for home loans, and then buying up the questionable mortgages that ensued"

Last edited:

That's hilarious.

The Republican party is split 3 ways over Trump.
Haters
Fanboys
Indifferent

Obama and his followers as well as the Democrat party all walked in lockstep & spoke from one talking points memo.
dude a libturd is not allowed to talk outside talking points. if the talking point stated the sky is purple, then they are not allowed to disagree with that. It's why I could never and will never ever vote for a democrat. there is absolutely no individuality.

Yes, people having money to spend did contribute to growth in the housing market.

Right, but we learned that the growth in the housing market was all in subprime loans with "dramatically weakened" standards. So I'm confused what position you're staking here, that tax cuts were responsible for the housing market or weren't? BTW - household debt skyrocketed right after the Bush tax cuts. So "letting people keep more of what they earned" is really bullshit, isn't it? If it's not, how come household debt skyrocketed as soon as the tax cuts were passed?

That, in and of itself was a good thing. The bad thing was the approving of home loans to people that really could not afford the payments on the loans.

Yeah, that's not true either. Low-income loans are not what caused the crisis. Only one of the top 25 lenders during the subprime bubble were subject to CRA rules. So what were these subprime loans for? Not for poor people, that's for sure. Loans for poor people would have to have been subject to CRA rules. But the overwhelming majority of loans issued from 2004-7 were not subject to CRA rules, and weren't even underwritten by GSE's.

Take a look at this chart and tell me what you see from 2004-7:

Fannie%20Freddie%201%20chart.jpg

Or this one:

2015_2D00_5_2D00_5-ui2.PNG

So when I see that chart, I see a major shift in lending from 2003-7, do you?

The tax cuts were not the cause of the bubble. Growth does not necessary equal bubble. However, if you want to keep believing the tax cuts caused that problem, so be it.

So you contradict yourself in your own post. You say tax cuts were not responsible for the bubble here. But you said in the first sentence they were. So you see how you're circle jerking around?

Yes, people having money to spend did contribute to growth in the housing market.

Right, but we learned that the growth in the housing market was all in subprime loans with "dramatically weakened" standards. So I'm confused what position you're staking here, that tax cuts were responsible for the housing market or weren't? BTW - household debt skyrocketed right after the Bush tax cuts. So "letting people keep more of what they earned" is really bullshit, isn't it? If it's not, how come household debt skyrocketed as soon as the tax cuts were passed?

That, in and of itself was a good thing. The bad thing was the approving of home loans to people that really could not afford the payments on the loans.

Yeah, that's not true either. Low-income loans are not what caused the crisis. Only one of the top 25 lenders during the subprime bubble were subject to CRA rules. So what were these subprime loans for? Not for poor people, that's for sure. Loans for poor people would have to have been subject to CRA rules. But the overwhelming majority of loans issued from 2004-7 were not subject to CRA rules, and weren't even underwritten by GSE's.

Take a look at this chart and tell me what you see from 2004-7:

Fannie%20Freddie%201%20chart.jpg

Or this one:

So when I see that chart, I see a major shift in lending from 2003-7, do you?

The tax cuts were not the cause of the bubble. Growth does not necessary equal bubble. However, if you want to keep believing the tax cuts caused that problem, so be it.

So you contradict yourself in your own post. You say tax cuts were not responsible for the bubble here. But you said in the first sentence they were. So you see how you're circle jerking around?
again, ignore the way lenders had to give out loans. mandated by congress. yep. completely ignore that so that you can make a statement. dude, you're wrong. sorry.

"The roots of this crisis go back to the Carter administration. That was when government officials, egged on by left-wing activists, began accusing mortgage lenders of racism and "redlining" because urban blacks were being denied mortgages at a higher rate than suburban whites.

The pressure to make more loans to minorities (read: to borrowers with weak credit histories) became relentless. Congress passed the Community Reinvestment Act, empowering regulators to punish banks that failed to "meet the credit needs" of "low-income, minority, and distressed neighborhoods." Lenders responded by loosening their underwriting standards and making increasingly shoddy loans.

When the states tried to tighten up the regulations, Bush responded with a hundred year old law, and had the commissioner of the currency stop states from controlling subprime loans. See USSC cuomo vs clearinghouse to see how Bush's actions were ruled to be illegal.

So not only did Bush promote subprime mortgages, but Bush topped it by illegally stopping the states from putting any controls on them.

<Conservative Bullshit Lies>

Clearly you can see from the below chart that the overwhelming majority of loans from 2004-7 was done by private firms and of those private firms, the majority were not subject to CRA rules.

So what we have here is Conservative fantasy crashing with reality. The reality is that starting in 2003-4, private firms increased their share of the mortgage market.

Screenshot_2016-12-19_17_39_56.png

So that chart there proves GSE loans performed much better than all other loans during the mortgage bubble. So that undermines your point, does it not?

Trump is not the problem. The problem is a concerted effort by the Progressives (nee Democrats) and their media to bring down this presidency by the slow erosion of unproven disaster stories.

They fully expected to have Hillary in the White House to finish the "fundamental transformation" begun by Obama, and suffered a collective psychotic break upon seeing their hard work of the preceding half-century swirl clockwise down the toilet. They are now as mad as the proverbial hatter, and are doing everything they can to infect the society with their delusions both general and specific.
The Free Market phuckers are trying to destroy Trump.

again, ignore the way lenders had to give out loans. mandated by congress. yep. completely ignore that so that you can make a statement. dude, you're wrong. sorry.

YOUR FUCKING ARGUMENT was that loans to poor people caused the crash. I posted proof that showed that was not the case at all, yet you continue parroting the bullshit.

So that begs the question; are you fucking stupid or something?

Forum List

Back