The truth about Ray Epps, right wing punching bag

You're reasonable, most lefties in this thread are not. Most lefties label anyone who was there that day, regardless of being in the building or not as insurrectionists and traitors. I follow several local/state politicians who were there that day to peacefully protest, and committed no crime, certainly didn't go into the capitol building, but I see lefties everyday on their social media pages calling for them to resign or be charged with treason simply because they were there. They're unhinged.

They've screamed 'insurrection and traitor' from the day it happened, yet now suddenly they champion one of the most well known "traitor's and insurrectionist's" that was there. Why?

They wanted Trump to hang for telling people to peacefully go to the capitol and protest, but Epps, he didn't commit any crime at all. :rolleyes:
Pure hypocrisy.

The problem is that you and the Right are being inconsistent. I grew up during the Reagan Years. That man had core beliefs. Those were such a strong part of him he could speak on them and explain his beliefs off the cuff. I won’t lie and say I supported all his beliefs. But he would not ignore them just to “get” them.

The principles of the modern Conservative Era are founded in what Reagan ran on and governed by. His core beliefs. The modern people are wimps compared to him. Obstructionist Congress? Reagan had a majority Democrat house run by Tip O’Neil. Nancy Pelosi was not even a pale shadow compared to Tip. Tip O’Neil was so powerful that he got the funding to spend billions on highways in Boston. Billions in 1980’s dollars. Construction so difficult they had to literally freeze the ground to make it hard enough to dig through.

Yet Reagan got his tax cuts through. He got SDI through. And both were declared dead on arrival in Congress.

The problem isn’t the Liberals or the Left. The problem is the Right. You guys have abandoned all your core beliefs. Your only belief now is to hurt them. No matter what the issue is you guys take a knee jerk position opposite to them. Think I’m wrong? Take guns.

Trump ordered the banning of Bump Stocks after the Vegas Massacre. Instead of howling about him being a gun grabber the folks on the right took one of two positions. Bump Stocks are junk anyway and it doesn’t matter. Trump made a mistake but that’s fine he is still totally a supporter of the Second.

Now we have a huge thread where folks on the right fantasizing about the Civil War that would result if Biden banned guns by Executive Order.

Look at this thread. You guys have spent two years arguing that the people inside the Capital were not engaging in an insurrection. Now you are arguing that the people outside were.

Take some time. Figure out your core beliefs.

Good for you, people were exercising their right to protest.

How do I want to ignore them? Where did I say that?
You claim it wasn't an insurrection because there were people who weren't breaking the law. That is intellectually dishonest because you ignore the people that did break the law.

The problem is that you and the Right are being inconsistent. I grew up during the Reagan Years. That man had core beliefs. Those were such a strong part of him he could speak on them and explain his beliefs off the cuff. I won’t lie and say I supported all his beliefs. But he would not ignore them just to “get” them.

The principles of the modern Conservative Era are founded in what Reagan ran on and governed by. His core beliefs. The modern people are wimps compared to him. Obstructionist Congress? Reagan had a majority Democrat house run by Tip O’Neil. Nancy Pelosi was not even a pale shadow compared to Tip. Tip O’Neil was so powerful that he got the funding to spend billions on highways in Boston. Billions in 1980’s dollars. Construction so difficult they had to literally freeze the ground to make it hard enough to dig through.

Yet Reagan got his tax cuts through. He got SDI through. And both were declared dead on arrival in Congress.

The problem isn’t the Liberals or the Left. The problem is the Right. You guys have abandoned all your core beliefs. Your only belief now is to hurt them. No matter what the issue is you guys take a knee jerk position opposite to them. Think I’m wrong? Take guns.

Trump ordered the banning of Bump Stocks after the Vegas Massacre. Instead of howling about him being a gun grabber the folks on the right took one of two positions. Bump Stocks are junk anyway and it doesn’t matter. Trump made a mistake but that’s fine he is still totally a supporter of the Second.

Now we have a huge thread where folks on the right fantasizing about the Civil War that would result if Biden banned guns by Executive Order.

Look at this thread. You guys have spent two years arguing that the people inside the Capital were not engaging in an insurrection. Now you are arguing that the people outside were.

Take some time. Figure out your core beliefs.

I don't support today's republicans, most of them have sold out to the left, it's all smoke and mirrors that there are 2 parties. I disagree with you that the problem isn't the left, it absolutely is, they are in charge of where this nation is headed, and it's not good.

'No matter what the issue is you guys take a knee jerk position opposite to them.'

You can say the very same thing about lefties in here towards those on the right, flip side of the same coin. To say that only one side does it isn't honest. :dunno:

You claim it wasn't an insurrection because there were people who weren't breaking the law. That is intellectually dishonest because you ignore the people that did break the law.

I claimed no such thing. You're just making things up to save face. No one was charged with 'insurrection'. :dunno: I never said that there weren't people there who didn't break the law, so not sure where you're getting that from, perhaps you can link the post where I supposedly said that? Breaking the law does not equal insurrection. I believe most were charged with trespassing.

That’s because Tucker Carlson and Fox News told them that he is. You linked to Breitbart. Another right wing billionaire owned “Questionable Source”. This one is owned by Robert Mercer, who help the Russians get the vote Putin wanted it on the Brexit referendum.

I don't support today's republicans, most of them have sold out to the left, it's all smoke and mirrors that there are 2 parties. I disagree with you that the problem isn't the left, it absolutely is, they are in charge of where this nation is headed, and it's not good.

'No matter what the issue is you guys take a knee jerk position opposite to them.'

You can say the very same thing about lefties in here towards those on the right, flip side of the same coin. To say that only one side does it isn't honest. :dunno:

The left support bills and programs to help the people. Republicans refuse to give money to poor and working people. They are only passing bills to cut social programs and give tax breaks to billionaires. They’re also proposing cutting rights for women and others.

A tax code, which gives 80% of the wealth of the nation to the top 10% of its residents, cannot sustain itself economically.

Of course the Democrats oppose authoritarian bills.

Last edited:
Good!! Mother-fucker kept encouraging people to create a crime. This is how we should treat people who openly encourage people to commit crimes.

No, he didn’t. He told people that they were going to peacefully march on the capital. When things turn violent he tried to stop people from attacking the police.

He did not enter the Capitol.

I claimed no such thing. You're just making things up to save face. No one was charged with 'insurrection'. :dunno: I never said that there weren't people there who didn't break the law, so not sure where you're getting that from, perhaps you can link the post where I supposedly said that? Breaking the law does not equal insurrection. I believe most were charged with trespassing.
You did right here.
It was not an 'insurrection' and thousands of people there protesting did absolutely nothing wrong
People were charged with sedition, were they not? Seems like you’re splitting hairs. Regardless, it has nothing to do with the topic.

You did right here.

People were charged with sedition, were they not? Seems like you’re splitting hairs. Regardless, it has nothing to do with the topic.

You're obviously very confused, this was your original post that I replied to:

That is not what I said at all, and you can't link to the post where I said that. :dunno: The post you just quoted was in response to the bolded, where prior to what is bolded above did I make such a claim? You're going in circles.

I never said that no one broke the law. I said that I'm glad you're agreeing with me that those who were there simply protesting did nothing wrong. I said that no one was charged with insurrection in response to your putting words in my mouth, which is a fact.

I’m just using the language from your own links. By your own links, he didn’t incite or a riot and he’s not guilty of disorderly conduct.

If you think otherwise, show how he’s guilty of either of those statutes that you posted.
Yes ... he incited people to "enter the Capitol building." He was purposely getting people riled up. He helped push a heavy sign into a crowd of people.

But if he was truly a MAGA Trumper ... you'd be calling for his arrest. Instead ... you're defending his actions. Had Trump been standing in Epp's shoes ... you'd DEFINITELY be calling for his arrest -- and you know it.

You're obviously very confused, this was your original post that I replied to:

That is not what I said at all, and you can't link to the post where I said that. :dunno: The post you just quoted was in response to the bolded, where prior to what is bolded above did I make such a claim? You're going in circles.

I never said that no one broke the law. I said that I'm glad you're agreeing with me that those who were there simply protesting did nothing wrong. I said that no one was charged with insurrection in response to your putting words in my mouth, which is a fact.
Ah, so you’re just going to say nothing relevant.

Okay.

Yes ... he incited people to "enter the Capitol building." He was purposely getting people riled up. He helped push a heavy sign into a crowd of people.

But if he was truly a MAGA Trumper ... you'd be calling for his arrest. Instead ... you're defending his actions. Had Trump been standing in Epp's shoes ... you'd DEFINITELY be calling for his arrest -- and you know it.
How does telling people to go into the Capitol incite unlawful actions?

How does telling people to go into the Capitol incite unlawful actions?

He's clearly goading. He did nothing to stop anyone from tearing down the fence. He ran towards the Capitol with all the other "rioters." Only a blind man can't see (or a stupid man).

Thanks for conceding, nice talking to you, glad to know that you defend those at the capitiol building that day. :cool:
I defend anyone who is accused of committing a crime they didn't commit.

That's happening to Epps, you know, the topic of this thread that you don't want to talk about.

He's clearly goading. He did nothing to stop anyone from tearing down the fence. He ran towards the Capitol with all the other "rioters." Only a blind man can't see (or a stupid man).

Has ANYONE been charged with "goading".

Has anyone been charged with "not stopping" the Capitol attack?

No?

"Goading" to do what though? He's not telling people to break the law.

He is not obligated to stop anyone from tearing anything down. That's not illegal.

Thousands of people ran towards the Capitol with the other rioters but are not prosecuted. The people that are being prosecuted assaulted officers or entered the building, which Epps did not do.

Forum List

Back