The truth about Ray Epps, right wing punching bag

Then why are people being charged for entering the Capitol building on that day? You know they committed crimes by doing so, right? The mildest charge was trespassing, so why are you trying to excuse Epps by saying people enter the building legally?
I didn’t say that people entered the building legally. Those people were charged clearly knew they were committing a crime as they broke down barriers, smashed windows, and beat police officers in order to gain access.

To charge Epps, you’d have to prove he was urging people to commit a crime. That means you’d have to prove he knew it was not legally to enter the Capitol on January 6th. I don’t think you can do that.

If I asked you to go to the store tomorrow not knowing it was closed, am I asking you to break into it? Of course not.

I didn’t say that people entered the building legally. Those people were charged clearly knew they were committing a crime as they broke down barriers, smashed windows, and beat police officers in order to gain access.

To charge Epps, you’d have to prove he was urging people to commit a crime. That means you’d have to prove he knew it was not legally to enter the Capitol on January 6th. I don’t think you can do that.

If I asked you to go to the store tomorrow not knowing it was closed, am I asking you to break into it? Of course not.
If you're standing in front of the store, seeing people breaking windows and beating police officers, I think you'd know that you'd get in trouble if you went in.

It is AMAZING how brainwashed these demented avenger subverted demoralized zombies are!
There's TONS OF VIDEOS showing Epps SAYING OUT LOUD, "WE MUST ENTER THE CAPITOL!!!!!", yet here there are post after post of these leftist MORONS denying that it happened.
That's the TRAGEDY of ideological subversion, it turns these soft minded idiots into vacuous drones without a shred of critical thinking or self-awareness.
God damn it's SO FUCKING OBVIOUS!!!!
:banghead:

If you're standing in front of the store, seeing people breaking windows and beating police officers, I think you'd know that you'd get in trouble if you went in.
Exactly!

The video of Ray Epps is taken on January 5th and nowhere near the Capitol. If he had been telling people to go into the Capitol when standing in front of the Capitol seeing peole beating police officers and breaking in, you'd have a point.

But that's not what actually happened, is it?

It is AMAZING how brainwashed these demented avenger subverted demoralized zombies are!
There's TONS OF VIDEOS showing Epps SAYING OUT LOUD, "WE MUST ENTER THE CAPITOL!!!!!", yet here there are post after post of these leftist MORONS denying that it happened.
That's the TRAGEDY of ideological subversion, it turns these soft minded idiots into vacuous drones without a shred of critical thinking or self-awareness.
God damn it's SO FUCKING OBVIOUS!!!!
:banghead:

When someone is standing on a ledge count on someone shouting Jump. Are they an FBI plant too?

And Epps didn’t and didn’t tell others to

Hilarious!!! An Op and his leftie minions spending an entire thread defending a MAGA supporter who was part of the Jan. 6 INSURRECTION!! It doesn't get any better than this! :laughing0301: And they don't see the irony that's plain as day for anyone with half a brain. We're living in bizarre times! :cool:

Ray Epps, a passionate supporter of President Trump, attended the January 6 protest at the U.S Capitol. However, his contradictory behavior sparked a conspiracy theory accusing him of being a government agent inciting insurrection. As a result, Epps sold his 5 acre ranch is now in hiding in a 300 sq ft motor home after receiving death threats. He claims to have attended the protest believing the 2020 election was stolen from Trump, and he denies any involvement with the federal government, the FBI, or The Oath Keepers. The January 6th committee and the FBI investigated Epps, but he was not considered significant enough for the committee's final report. The FBI has issued a statement denying Epps was ever an FBI source or employee.

The summary above is based on a 60-minute video interview with Ray Epps (below). Fox News, Trump, and particularly Tucker Carlson have spread lies about Epps, accusing him of being an FBI plant with the aim of inciting the insurrection. Other conspiracy theorists on the right have further propagated this narrative, causing harm to Epps. Epps, a Trump supporter, attended the event like other believers, only to be turned on by those who sought to scapegoat him and shift blame away from Trump and their own misdeeds, casting Epps as the villain.

Trump and his supporters threw one of their own under the bus because that is who they are: A bunch of gullible, desperate people who feel neglected, but have been victimized by a man who knows how to take advantage of gullible people, exploit them for megabucks, and to keep his own hide out of jail via the shield of the presidency, a presidency whose legacy is a fucktangle of grifters, criminals, and corruption on parade.

This 60 minute segment reveals the truth.

Not-so-humbly tendered,
Rumpole

Why should anyone believe you or Epps?

Inciting trespassing isn't a crime they are pursuing for 1/6 crimes, apparently they are going for the actual trespassers who did injury or damage

Got something better?

Look at you, defending a J6 insurrectionist, MAGA lover and supporter!!! :laughing0301: I laughed my ass off all the way thru this thread. Thanks!

Hilarious!!! An Op and his leftie minions spending an entire thread defending a MAGA supporter who was part of the Jan. 6 INSURRECTION!! It doesn't get any better than this! :laughing0301: And they don't see the irony that's plain as day for anyone with half a brain. We're living in bizarre times! :cool:
It’s “plain as day” when you ignore rationality.

I and others have stated clearly why he couldn’t be prosecuted and the responses are nothing but trolling with no actual attempt at rebuttal.

It’s “plain as day” when you ignore rationality.

I and others have stated clearly why he couldn’t be prosecuted and the responses are nothing but trolling with no actual attempt at rebuttal.

There have been many rebuttals, you just choose to discredit and ignore them because they don't fit your narrow narrative. :cuckoo:

Those who didn’t enter the Capital were protestors. They have a Constitutional Right to
Protest. It’s in there. Go to the Second and then up one.

But what is funny to me is this. For two years the Right has insisted it wasn’t an insurgency. We heard how it just wasn’t. Now of course, it was an insurgency, and the participants while being smart enough to support Donald Trump were too stupid to realize they were breaking the law.

Everyone outside didn’t go inside. I’m not going to condemn people who were exercising their First Amendment Rights. The right to peaceably assemble. I may think they are wrong. But I would not ever say they were committing a crime. Those who went inside, that is another matter all together. A distinction you don’t want to recognize just as we heard for two years how it wasn’t an insurgency.

Those who didn’t enter the Capital were protestors. They have a Constitutional Right to
Protest. It’s in there. Go to the Second and then up one.

But what is funny to me is this. For two years the Right has insisted it wasn’t an insurgency. We heard how it just wasn’t. Now of course, it was an insurgency, and the participants while being smart enough to support Donald Trump were too stupid to realize they were breaking the law.

Everyone outside didn’t go inside. I’m not going to condemn people who were exercising their First Amendment Rights. The right to peaceably assemble. I may think they are wrong. But I would not ever say they were committing a crime. Those who went inside, that is another matter all together. A distinction you don’t want to recognize just as we heard for two years how it wasn’t an insurgency.

You're reasonable, most lefties in this thread are not. Most lefties label anyone who was there that day, regardless of being in the building or not as insurrectionists and traitors. I follow several local/state politicians who were there that day to peacefully protest, and committed no crime, certainly didn't go into the capitol building, but I see lefties everyday on their social media pages calling for them to resign or be charged with treason simply because they were there. They're unhinged.

They've screamed 'insurrection and traitor' from the day it happened, yet now suddenly they champion one of the most well known "traitor's and insurrectionist's" that was there. Why?

They wanted Trump to hang for telling people to peacefully go to the capitol and protest, but Epps, he didn't commit any crime at all. :rolleyes:
Pure hypocrisy.

There have been many rebuttals, you just choose to discredit and ignore them because they don't fit your narrow narrative. :cuckoo:
What have I ignored?

The fact is that Epps didn't ask anyone to specifically break any laws. Going into the Capitol is not necessarily illegal. He never asked anyone to break into the Capitol specifically.

What have I ignored?

The fact is that Epps didn't ask anyone to specifically break any laws. Going into the Capitol is not necessarily illegal. He never asked anyone to break into the Capitol specifically.

Okay... lol He's a good guy, glad you're defending him and the thousands of others there that day that did nothing wrong, let alone cause an 'insurrection'. Welcome to the team!

Okay... lol He's a good guy, glad you're defending him and the thousands of others there that day that did nothing wrong, let alone cause an 'insurrection'. Welcome to the team!
I never said he was a good guy.

I just said that prosecuting him for incitement is unlikely to succeed.

Thousands of people at the Capitol Riot didn't do anything wrong and they're not being prosecuted.

But many hundreds, maybe over a thousand or two thousand people DID do plenty wrong, up to and including violent attempt to stop Congress from certifying the election for Joe Biden.

All these things can be simultaneously true. It should be obvious to anyone with a bit of intellectual honesty.

I never said he was a good guy.

I just said that prosecuting him for incitement is unlikely to succeed.

Thousands of people at the Capitol Riot didn't do anything wrong and they're not being prosecuted.

But many hundreds, maybe over a thousand or two thousand people DID do plenty wrong, up to and including violent attempt to stop Congress from certifying the election for Joe Biden.

All these things can be simultaneously true. It should be obvious to anyone with a bit of intellectual honesty.

Like I said, welcome to the team. It was not an 'insurrection' and thousands of people there protesting did absolutely nothing wrong. Thanks for having intellectual honesty and defending Epps and thousands of others!

Like I said, welcome to the team. It was not an 'insurrection' and thousands of people there protesting did absolutely nothing wrong. Thanks for having intellectual honesty and defending Epps and thousands of others!
I do defend the people that did nothing illegal. There were many of them.

But that doesn't mean that there were many people who did do many illegal things. You seem to want to ignore them. That would be a lack of intellectual honesty on your part.

I do defend the people that did nothing illegal. There were many of them.

But that doesn't mean that there were many people who did do many illegal things. You seem to want to ignore them. That would be a lack of intellectual honesty on your part.

Good for you, people were exercising their right to protest.

How do I want to ignore them? Where did I say that?

Forum List

Back