The truth about Truman’s bombing Japan

Wrong. Truman was a war criminal not unlike Hitler.

Please show us the hundreds of concentration and extermination camps set up by President Truman.

The two bombs saved the lives of millions of combat troops and civilians. A fact that even you cannot deny.
So you think incinerating hundreds of thousands of innocent Japanese civilians is somehow different. Can you explain?
they were given fair warning to leave
LOL. Yeah...do you know what it is like to live under a tyrannical government?

Think man. Think!
dont change the subject

Americans need to come to the realization that the bombings of civilians was really mass murder, not unlike what Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan were guilty of.

Great column on the subject.

The Atomic Bombing of Japan, Reconsidered
By Alan Mosley
Mises.org

January 2, 2019

Russia’s move, in fact, compelled the Japanese to consider unconditional surrender; until then, they were only open to a conditional surrender that left their Emperor Hirohito some dignity and protections from war-crimes trials. Ward concludes that, as in the European theatre, Truman didn’t beat Japan; Stalin did.

Harry Truman never expressed regret publicly over his decision to use the atomic bombs. However, he did order an independent study on the state of the war effort leading up to August of 1945, and the strategic value of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. In 1946, the U.S. Bombing Survey published its findings, which concluded as follows: “Based on a detailed investigation of all the facts and supported by the testimony of the surviving Japanese leaders involved, it is the Survey’s opinion that certainly prior to 31 December 1945 and in all probability prior to 1 November 1945, Japan would have surrendered even if the atomic bombs had not been dropped, even if Russia had not entered the war, and even if no invasion had been planned or contemplated.” This is an intensive condemnation of Truman’s decision, seeing as Russia did enter the war, and that plans for an invasion had been developed.

As Timothy P. Carney writes for the Washington Examiner, the fog of war can be a tricky thing. But if we’re forced to side with Truman, or Eisenhower and the other dissenting military leaders, the Eisenhower position isn’t merely valid; it actually aligns better with some fundamental American values. Given all the uncertainty, both at the time and with modern historical revisionism, it’s better to look to principle rather than fortune-telling. One principle that should be near the top of everyone’s list is this: it’s wrong to target civilians with weapons of mass destruction. The deliberate killing of innocent men, women, and children by the hundreds of thousands cannot be justified under any circumstances, much less the ambiguous ones Truman encountered. Whether his decision was motivated by indignation toward Japanese “ pigheadedness” or concern for his troops, Truman’s use of such devastating weapons against non-combatants should not be excused. Americans must strive for complete and honest analysis of the past (and present) conflicts. And if she is to remain true to her own ideals, America must strive for more noble and moral ends—in all conflicts, domestic and foreign—guided by our most cherished first principles, such as the Golden Rule. At the very least, Americans should not try so hard to justify mass murder.

The Atomic Bombing of Japan - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

I say that their deaths were quicker and more humane than infusing that culture with drugs, a subpar education, and slowly crashing their economy along side massive debt.

So you think incinerating hundreds of thousands of innocent Japanese civilians is somehow different. Can you explain?

For you, who seems to be slow. I'd be happy to explain.

"A total of about 185,000 people died in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings and their immediate aftermath. Of these, around 110,000 died instantly, and the rest died within days of trauma and radiation sustained in the bombing."
How Many People Died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

"If the US were to invade the Japanese home islands, it was estimated about 1.5 million American military deaths, 2 million Japanese military deaths, and 10 million Japanese civilian deaths would occur."
What was the estimated number of deaths if the US were to invade Japan during 1942

Got it? Round it off at 200,000 fatalities v 13.5 MILLION fatalities

Hmmmmm...think, think, think!
BS.

You bought the lie that Ike said nothing about dropping the A-bombs, and I educated you on that. Now you post this absurd lie that millions would die, if the Americans invaded the home islands. This figure was made up by Truman, AFTER he mass murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians of a nation destroyed and repeatedly demanding surrender.

Secondly, there was no need to invade Japan, unless the US is an imperialistic nation. Right? Why invade a nation destroyed and willing to surrender???? Ask yourself this simple question.

Wrong. Truman was a war criminal not unlike Hitler.

Please show us the hundreds of concentration and extermination camps set up by President Truman.

The two bombs saved the lives of millions of combat troops and civilians. A fact that even you cannot deny.

Think man. Think!
dont change the subject
LOL.

Do you really think the Japanese Imperial government was going to let their people leave, based on their enemies warnings? Think man. Think.

likely save my Dads and Uncles lives as they were getting ready to invade 'japan' .
You need to ask yourself a simple question.

Why did the US government think it necessary to invade Japan?
---------------------- i'd say it was to pay back plus to crush the 'japs' pride and to humiliate them . Also , to take over the 'japs' lands , goods , people and everything else in 'japan' and then reorganization plus to put the 'japs' under Americas thumb would be my answer . Seems to me that America USED to be smart under an Older , Smarter and BETTER Generation as it totally crushed its enemies Gipper .
---------------------------------- or 17 years under many stupid 'prezidents' fighting muslims in the middle east rather than simply destroying the enemy muslims Gipper . Just an example as i am not trying to change subjects Gipper .

Last edited:
likely save my Dads and Uncles lives as they were getting ready to invade 'japan' .

What? Are you serious? What would have been your solution?
Oh come on now. You can't think of it yourself?

Simple: even before Okinawa, our stupid murderous government should have accepted Japan's surrender and went home. Imagine the numbers of young American boys who would have lived.

Think man. Think!
dont change the subject
LOL.

Do you really think the Japanese Imperial government was going to let their people leave, based on their enemies warnings? Think man. Think.

what they did or didnt do is irrelevant to your point or mine

What? Are you serious? What would have been your solution?
Oh come on now. You can't think of it yourself?

Simple: even before Okinawa, our stupid murderous government should have accepted Japan's surrender and went home. Imagine the numbers of young American boys who would have lived.
when did they surrender???

"A total of about 185,000 people died in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings and their immediate aftermath. Of these, around 110,000 died instantly, and the rest died within days of trauma and radiation sustained in the bombing."

"If the US were to invade the Japanese home islands, it was estimated about 1.5 million American military deaths, 2 million Japanese military deaths, and 10 million Japanese civilian deaths would occur."
What was the estimated number of deaths if the US were to invade Japan during 1942

BS.

You bought the lie that Ike said nothing about dropping the A-bombs, and I educated you on that. Now you post this absurd lie that millions would die, if the Americans invaded the home islands. This figure was made up by Truman, AFTER he mass murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians of a nation destroyed and repeatedly demanding surrender.

Secondly, there was no need to invade Japan, unless the US is an imperialistic nation. Right? Why invade a nation destroyed and willing to surrender???? Ask yourself this simple question.
Well except for the simple fact the Government of Japan NEVER offered to surrender and after 2 atomic bombs REFUSED to surrender and even after the Emperor ordered the surrender the leaders of the Government staged a Coup to stop that surrender.

The best American value is that many Americans didn't die in the invasion of Japan.
Yeah...mass murder civilians of a defenseless nation ready to surrender, based on inaccurate information.

Ike said don’t drop those bombs. Admiral Leahy said don’t drop those bombs.

Ike did not even KNOW about the bombs....

That’s not what he said.

Oh, I see. Ike said not to drop the bombs that he didn't know about.

According to his own account, he did know.

I agree and the Japanese civilians were ready to fight for the emperor to the death as the japenese were well known to do.

Because Doctor Seuss told you so? Don’t be stupid. The civilian population consisted by then mostly of starving women, children, and the elderly.
Except we have verifiable proof from the war that the Japanese civilian population did what ever the Government told it to do. Saipan and Okinawa provide that proof.

I agree and the Japanese civilians were ready to fight for the emperor to the death as the japenese were well known to do.

Because Doctor Seuss told you so? Don’t be stupid. The civilian population consisted by then mostly of starving women, children, and the elderly.

Why do you throw up so many posts without adding anything? Just a blank.
he is commenting, but for some reason you have to hit the expand button

BS.

Well except for the simple fact the Government of Japan NEVER offered to surrender and after 2 atomic bombs REFUSED to surrender and even after the Emperor ordered the surrender the leaders of the Government staged a Coup to stop that surrender.
Read the column I posted in the OP. Please get educated. Ignorance of your kind is so disappointing.

I do remember the fire bombing of Japan. I also know that the military has soldiers watch an atomic bomb explode at about a mile away. That was done to see what effects it had on them.

Yeah...mass murder civilians of a defenseless nation ready to surrender, based on inaccurate information.

Ike said don’t drop those bombs. Admiral Leahy said don’t drop those bombs.

Ike did not even KNOW about the bombs....

That’s not what he said.

Oh, I see. Ike said not to drop the bombs that he didn't know about.

According to his own account, he did know.

Months after the bombs were dropped, Ike said that he wish that they had not been dropped. In other words, Monday morning quarterbacking. And, he was also wrong.

BS.

Read the column I posted in the OP. Please get educated. Ignorance of your kind is so disappointing.

But the truth is.....ugly......~S~

Forum List

Back