The truth about Truman’s bombing Japan

Yeah...mass murder civilians of a defenseless nation ready to surrender, based on inaccurate information.

Ike said don’t drop those bombs. Admiral Leahy said don’t drop those bombs.

Ike did not even KNOW about the bombs....

That’s not what he said.

Oh, I see. Ike said not to drop the bombs that he didn't know about.

According to his own account, he did know.

False. Even Truman, who was Vice president, didn't know that the bombs existed until after be was sworn in as president.

Key Issues: Nuclear Weapons: History: Pre Cold War: Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Eisenhower's Opinion on the Atomic Bomb

The best American value is that many Americans didn't die in the invasion of Japan.
Yeah...mass murder civilians of a defenseless nation ready to surrender, based on inaccurate information.

Japan's Government REFUSED to surrender even after 2 atomic Bombs and then when the Emperor intervened and ordered the surrender the Army tried a Coup to stop that. This bullshit claim that Japan was ready to surrender is simply a LIE, a poorly done lie easily shown to be a lie and yet you RETARDS keep claiming it.
whoever thinks Japan was ready to surrender obviously has no knowledge of WW2
You are merely a typical uninformed propagandized American. Sadly, there are too many like you.

72nd Anniversary of Hiroshima’s Gratuitous Mass Murder
By Stephen Lendman

StephenLendman.org

August 8, 2017you are not informed. T
The best American value is that many Americans didn't die in the invasion of Japan.

Japan's Government REFUSED to surrender even after 2 atomic Bombs and then when the Emperor intervened and ordered the surrender the Army tried a Coup to stop that. This bullshit claim that Japan was ready to surrender is simply a LIE, a poorly done lie easily shown to be a lie and yet you RETARDS keep claiming it.

You are not informed. Please cease and desist from posting in my thread.

The Japanese tried to surrender several times. FDR and Truman ignored them. FDR’s tyrannical unjust and terribly deadly dictate of UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER, lead to the unnecessary deaths of thousands of Americans and Japanese.

For this, FDR and Truman should burn in Hell for eternity.
I have linked numerous times to SOURCE documents that PROVE your tripe is wrong.
It’s not my tripe. Numerous historians, experts, and officials like Ike and Leahy know you are a statist dupe.

Why do so many Americans believe their government, when it has lied and deceived them so many times? The ruling class loves dupes.

Very true

But why did we bomb the way we did?
Why TWO civilian targets?

Why not a demonstration on an uninhabited target with a warning the next would be on Tokyo?

Why was Nagasaki necessary? Why was it dropped so soon without allowing time for negotiations after Hiroshima?
LOL after 2 cities were destroyed the Japanese Government still refused to surrender, explain in detail what bombing a non military target would have done to convince them when 2 cites were not enough dumb ass. And the cites were war producing cities AND BOTH were Army Headquarters organizing the local areas into fighting the coming Invasion. NOT civilian targets at all.
They surrendered immediately after Nagasaki was bombed

We had the bomb, we were going to win without invading

Bombing a remote target with minimal population would have demonstrated the power we had. Japan could have seen firsthand the destructive power we now had with minimal loss of lives

If after the demonstration and a threat to start bombing major cities, Japan refused surrender, then we were morally entitled to drop an A bomb

Ike did not even KNOW about the bombs....

That’s not what he said.

False. Even Truman, who was Vice president, didn't know that the bombs existed until after be was sworn in as president.

Key Issues: Nuclear Weapons: History: Pre Cold War: Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Eisenhower's Opinion on the Atomic Bomb

I don't need to read it. Ike's opinion on the atomic bomb was formed long after it had been dropped. He did not know about it before then. Ike was a big believer in covert action, instead of massive force. He routinely used the CIA to topple freely elected Latin American political leaders, in favor of his golfing buddies from United Fruit Company, who did not want land redistributed to the people ..

That’s not what he said.

I don't need to read it. Ike's opinion on the atomic bomb was formed long after it had been dropped. ..

That’s not what he said.

That’s not what he said.

I don't need to read it. Ike's opinion on the atomic bomb was formed long after it had been dropped. He did not know about it before then. Ike was a big believer in covert action, instead of massive force. He routinely used the CIA to topple freely elected Latin American political leaders, in favor of his golfing buddies from United Fruit Company, who did not want land redistributed to the people ..

"Dwight Eisenhower's view on using the Atomic Bomb

"In 1945 ... , Secretary of War Stimson visited my headquarters in Germany, [and] informed me that our government was preparing to drop an atomic bomb on Japan..."

Doesn't seem "long after it had been dropped. Note the "preparing to drop" phrase.

"In 1945 ... , Secretary of War Stimson visited my headquarters in Germany, [and] informed me that our government was preparing to drop an atomic bomb on Japan..."

Doesn't seem "long after it had been dropped. Note the "preparing to drop" phrase.

Seems kind of odd that nobody notified McArthur, Supreme Commander in the Pacific, or Curtis LeMay, in charge of the Army Air Corp bombing campaign of Japan....

Seems kind of odd that nobody notified McArthur, Supreme Commander in the Pacific, or Curtis LeMay, in charge of the Army Air Corp bombing campaign of Japan....

I can't speak to that. I'm just providing a quote from Eisenhower.

You would think they would need to know of the development of a super weapon that would impact their long range planning

Very true

Why not a demonstration on an uninhabited target with a warning the next would be on Tokyo?

Why was Nagasaki necessary? Why was it dropped so soon without allowing time for negotiations after Hiroshima?
LOL after 2 cities were destroyed the Japanese Government still refused to surrender, explain in detail what bombing a non military target would have done to convince them when 2 cites were not enough dumb ass. And the cites were war producing cities AND BOTH were Army Headquarters organizing the local areas into fighting the coming Invasion. NOT civilian targets at all.

Bombing a remote target with minimal population would have demonstrated the power we had. Japan could have seen firsthand the destructive power we now had with minimal loss of lives

If after the demonstration and a threat to start bombing major cities, Japan refused surrender, then we were morally entitled to drop an A bomb
They did NOT the Government voted NOT to surrender the Emperor intervened to over rule them then the ruling party ( the Army) staged a Coup to stop the Emperor. At least leanr the facts before you try to lie about them.

At NO time before the Emperor ordered the surrender did the Government of Japan offer to surrender. NOT EVER. What they offered was cease fire, a return to Nov 41 start lines and no consequences for their war effort.

Very true

They did NOT the Government voted NOT to surrender the Emperor intervened to over rule them then the ruling party ( the Army) staged a Coup to stop the Emperor. At least leanr the facts before you try to lie about them.

Which resulted in surrender

Does not support that the anihilation of Hiroshima AND Nagasaki were the only way to achieve those goals

We had time on our side. Once we had the bomb and nobody else did, we could have selectively upped the anti

Three days between Hiroshima and Nagasaki did not leave much room for negotiation

Once we had the bomb......the war was over

There was no further need to plan an invasion.

Very true

Does not support that the anihilation of Hiroshima AND Nagasaki were the only way to achieve those goals

We had time on our side. Once we had the bomb and nobody else did, we could have selectively upped the anti

Three days between Hiroshima and Nagasaki did not leave much room for negotiation
The Japanese responded and the Government demanded the same thing it already had a ceasefire with return to 41 start lines.

Maybe they just forgot to mention it to McArthur. After all, they didn't mention it to president Truman until April 24, 1945, and even he did not know if it would work until July 16, 1945, which was just 3 weeks before they dropped it..

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/truman-is-briefed-on-manhattan-project

Last edited:

Maybe they just forgot to mention it to McArthur. After all, they didn't mention it to president Truman until April 24, 1945.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/truman-is-briefed-on-manhattan-project

"It is already known that before the atomic bombings Eisenhower asked then President Harry Truman not to use nuclear arms, and the diary underlines that position. It was kept by an aide to U.S. Ambassador to the Soviet Union, Averell Harriman."

Diary shows Eisenhower had misgivings about A-bomb attacks | The Japan Times

Very true

The Japanese responded and the Government demanded the same thing it already had a ceasefire with return to 41 start lines.
Again, the bomb changed their mind

We did not need to destroy two cities to prove the power of the bomb

Maybe they just forgot to mention it to McArthur. After all, they didn't mention it to president Truman until April 24, 1945.

"It is already known that before the atomic bombings Eisenhower asked then President Harry Truman not to use nuclear arms, and the diary underlines that position. It was kept by an aide to U.S. Ambassador to the Soviet Union, Averell Harriman."

Diary shows Eisenhower had misgivings about A-bomb attacks | The Japan Times

So, Ike was against dropping the A bomb on October 4, 1945, even though it was dropped in August. Gotit! My best guess is that on Oct. 4, 1945, the Japanese were also against the bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1941!

Maybe they just forgot to mention it to McArthur. After all, they didn't mention it to president Truman until April 24, 1945, and even he did not know if it would work until July 16, 1945, which was just 3 weeks before they dropped it..

Maybe a Vice President didn’t need to know
Those leading our military forces needed to know what weapons were available and what was coming

It had major impact on military strategy

Maybe a Vice President didn’t need to know
Those leading our military forces needed to know what weapons were available and what was coming

It had major impact on military strategy

You have to keep in mind the mind set of some of our military commanders. Curtis Lemay, for example, was the model for "Jack D Ripper", in Dr. Strangelove, the SAC Commander who went crazy and started a nuclear war. After WW2 was over, the president directed that all nuclear weapons be put directly under his personal control. LeMay tried to hold back a few, "just in case". It didn't work. LeMay went on to run as George Wallace's running mate. MacArthur advocated nuclear war against Korea, and presumable China as well, during the Korean war.

Besides. If word had gotten out to the Japanese that we were putting the invasion on hold, they would have assumed a much stronger negotiating position. In fact, it was recommended to Truman that he blow up an unpopulated Japanese Island instead of a city. Truman rejected the advice, correctly, in my opinion, that the Japanese would have assumed that we were not prepared to actually use it against the people of Japan. He was not afraid to use it, which is one of many reasons that Truman is my personal hero.

Forum List

Back