The two faces of obama

BTW.. what was up with that pathetic speech last night other than to further inject himself into the situation in Egypt? Today you have Gibbs explaining that when he said "immediately", he meant yesterday.

Our nation is run by children.

Bigreb WANTS Obama to inject himself even more. :confused: I do find it hilarious, however, that if Obama had remained mum on this whole ordeal, you knee-jerk reactionaries would be screaming that he does nothing and DEMANDING that he go right over there and straighten things out, by gum, just like a good imperialist president should do.

And btw, only children don't grasp the enormity of the diplomatic dance that must be done in a situation such as this where the United States HAS supported a regime for 30+ years, and they us.

NO I would expect our leader not to be so wishy washy. Be constant, not have one set of rules for one country and another set for another country when dealing with the same kind of issue.

BTW.. what was up with that pathetic speech last night other than to further inject himself into the situation in Egypt? Today you have Gibbs explaining that when he said "immediately", he meant yesterday.

Bigreb WANTS Obama to inject himself even more. :confused: I do find it hilarious, however, that if Obama had remained mum on this whole ordeal, you knee-jerk reactionaries would be screaming that he does nothing and DEMANDING that he go right over there and straighten things out, by gum, just like a good imperialist president should do.

And btw, only children don't grasp the enormity of the diplomatic dance that must be done in a situation such as this where the United States HAS supported a regime for 30+ years, and they us.

To be honest, I actually prefer that he do nothing, the least he injects himself into anything the least amount of damage he can possibly do. Honestly, if it where up to me, I would rather have him take the next two years off. Just me though.

Another trolling thread, one situation has nothing to do with other, enough with feeding the troll.

Really? Are the Iranians freedom some way less important than the Egyptian people?

One was a revolt against the Muslim fundamentalists, this is a revolt spearheaded by Muslim fundamentalists. Notice what side the admin comes out in support of?

The protesters are NOT Muslim "fundamentalists." Protesters are angry over the rising cost of living, failed economic policies and corruption, which they attribute to absolute authoritarian power of President Hosni Mubarak for three decades. The outpouring includes Muslims, Christians, young, old, students, workers, businesspeople. There is absolutely zero evidence of Islamic fundamentalism. If there were, we would be seeing American flags being burned and stomped upon. Do try to pay attention.

Exactly when did obama tell the Iranian prsident he needed to step down?

The Iranian president is no friend to the United States. The US doesn't even have a formal diplomatic relationship with Iran. The US President is in no position to "tell" the Iranian president to resign. Hello?
Strangly, I remeber obama saying that a nation should never impose it's will on another nation. back in 2009 when Iran had their protest. Or did I dream that?

If he did say that (and I have no reason to doubt that you're right) it's a good job that he isn't imposing the USA's will on Egypt then, that would surely be hypocritical.

Really? Are the Iranians freedom some way less important than the Egyptian people?

One was a revolt against the Muslim fundamentalists, this is a revolt spearheaded by Muslim fundamentalists. Notice what side the admin comes out in support of?

I see your point. One has to wonder exactly what obama is.

Well, you just ruined it for me, idiot. Go argue with your other idiot pals. Bye.

The Iranian president is no friend to the United States. The US doesn't even have a formal diplomatic relationship with Iran. The US President is in no position to "tell" the Iranian president to resign. Hello?
Strangly, I remeber obama saying that a nation should never impose it's will on another nation. back in 2009 when Iran had their protest. Or did I dream that?

If he did say that (and I have no reason to doubt that you're right) it's a good job that he isn't imposing the USA's will on Egypt then, that would surely be hypocritical.

He said it and whenhe told Mubarak to step down he did impose the will of one nation on another nation.

NO I would expect our leader not to be so wishy washy. Be constant, not have one set of rules for one country and another set for another country when dealing with the same kind of issue.
Just asking because it isn't clear to me, but what should he do in Egypt and Iran...obviously you believe his policy in each should be the same but, what should it be?

Just asking because it isn't clear to me, but what should he do in Egypt and Iran...obviously you believe his policy in each should be the same but, what should it be?

He should be for freedom, in this instance he should have treated the issue equally.

He said it and whenhe told Mubarak to step down he did impose the will of one nation on another nation.

How did he impose the USA's will?
He made a statement, I don't see any troops or drones or warships heading over there to fix things one way or the other.

He should be for freedom, in this instance he should have treated the issue equally.

By doing what though?

By doing what though?

Well since he's the leader and have advisors that would be up to him, but keep it the same.

By doing what though?

Well since he's the leader and have advisors that would be up to him, but keep it the same.

You have no opinion at all then?
You've already stated that he should be for freedom...how does he achieve that?

I have already stated my opinion, it may not be the words you like and can twist into something else sorry I am not playing.

Here
He should be for freedom, in this instance he should have treated the issue equally

I have already stated my opinion, it may not be the words you like and can twist into something else sorry I am not playing.

Here
He should be for freedom, in this instance he should have treated the issue equally

Haha...so you start a thread criticising the pres for his actions but you have no idea what he should have done?

Tell me, everytime there are protests in another country against the government what should he do?
I'll accept that he should be even-handed - I don't agree but I'll accept your point of view.
We've had protests against the government over here, we're a democracy so we're allowed to - should he have suggested that our government step down?

Here

Haha...so you start a thread criticising the pres for his actions but you have no idea what he should have done?

Tell me, everytime there are protests in another country against the government what should he do?
I'll accept that he should be even-handed - I don't agree but I'll accept your point of view.
We've had protests against the government over here, we're a democracy so we're allowed to - should he have suggested that our government step down?

I started this thread to criticize his double standards

Well since he said that another country should not impose it's will on another country when he first became president I think he should stick to his word, it would not make him look like a limp noodle.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back