President John F. Kennedy: “Palestine was hardly Britain’s to give away"

I agree! What do you think?

In a letter in 1939? Born 1917. Do the math.

Context
"The quote does not fully encapsulate Kennedy's views. He wrote in the same letter he had become "more pro-British" during his visit to Jerusalem as "the men on the spot are doing a good job here." He called the British proposed solution at the time theoretically "just and fair" but did not think it would work. On the Israel-Palestine crisis, he wrote: "I have never seen two groups more unwilling to try and work out a solution … than these two groups.""

JFK Said 'Palestine Was Hardly Britain's to Give Away'?

"He concluded the paragraph with an indictment of both the Arab and Jewish groups: "I have never seen two groups more unwilling to try and work out a solution that has some hope of success than these two groups." "

"He described the "sympathy" of the "people on the spot" — perhaps referring to diplomats — with the Arabs, where the aforementioned quote in the claim emerges. He wrote (emphasis ours):"

Last edited:
Jews and Arabs lived there as subjects of the Ottoman Empire without self-determination or self-government.
And for years didn't the English, Irish, Scots, Welsh live as subjects of the British Empire without self-determination or self-government.

Throughout history didn't other people's live as subjects of some Empire without self-determination or self-government?

D4wjf7cWAAAli7K

Kennedy was mistaken

Britain didnt give anything away

The United Nations drew up the Holy Land partition plan that Israel accepted and the Pals rejected
You are mistaken. Learn to look up the context and what the young JFK was actually saying.

In a letter in 1939? Born 1917. Do the math.

Context
"The quote does not fully encapsulate Kennedy's views. He wrote in the same letter he had become "more pro-British" during his visit to Jerusalem as "the men on the spot are doing a good job here." He called the British proposed solution at the time theoretically "just and fair" but did not think it would work. On the Israel-Palestine crisis, he wrote: "I have never seen two groups more unwilling to try and work out a solution … than these two groups.""

JFK Said 'Palestine Was Hardly Britain's to Give Away'?

"He concluded the paragraph with an indictment of both the Arab and Jewish groups: "I have never seen two groups more unwilling to try and work out a solution that has some hope of success than these two groups." "

"He described the "sympathy" of the "people on the spot" — perhaps referring to diplomats — with the Arabs, where the aforementioned quote in the claim emerges. He wrote (emphasis ours):"

Forum List

Back