🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Two Pillars of Civilization

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

belalady

What we need is to defend the two pillars of civilization. They are both indispensable to enable and uphold the existence of civilization. And there is no third one to speak of. These two fundamental mainstays are the protection of private property and of freedom of religion, tantamount to freedom of thought. If governments undertake to protect these basic rights and do it, then safety, security and democracy will be strengthened. And the numerous other problems that afflict people, often nationalistic problems instigated by corrupt politicians who hope to approach and conquer power by stirring up hatred, will take a back seat and traumatize the planet less. People will feel reassured to see that what counts most for them, the above-mentioned values, is firmly protected. They will not fear the advent of new political ideas, which may come to the fore and be discussed, though these may be against some of their beliefs in other areas.

1st pillar of civilization: protection of private property for every individual, regardless of race or origin, family status or ties to influential or powerful people, in the banking structure, for example. Even the humblest of person, devoid of connections, "pull" or favoritism -and there are honest people in every class of society- has this basic right of all people. There is nothing religious about this demand, and it is just as important for atheists.

2nd pillar of civilization: protection of freedom of religion and freedom of thought. For while in our countries, all people are free to come and go in any religious building of their choosing, this it is not the case everywhere. In some countries, people get killed for this and have only the right to know underdevelopment and ignorance, and notably ignorance of the resurrection of Christ in my very personal opinion.

I hope you will read my text : About freedom and Iraq
http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3664
and my other links.

"protection of freedom of religion and freedom of thought" (quote belalady)

You will never have freedom of religion as long as there is more then one religion in the world; each of the organized major religions is only concerned with the attainment of power and money for their particular religion. The Christian based religions seek contributions to grow bigger and more grandiose and the power over their flocks to control their lives, the other religions, being in mostly 3rd world countries, are content to seek power.

If you really want to see a true christian attitude at its' best, walk up to one and tell them you are a witch; you will never get them to understand that you do NOT worship the devil and they will almost suffer an attack of apoplexy trying to convince you that you are going to burn in hell if you don't change your ways.

We all know basically what the muslims believe, if you are not a muslum, you are an infidel and all infidels must die. Their religious leaders are so tied up in the political power of their particular countries that they see any other religion simply as a threat to their power base period.

The Hindu/Buddist religions seem the most tolerant of the major religions and are probably the only truly well meaning religions when it comes to accepting the religious beliefs of others as permissable.

Even the U.S., where we supposely have freedom of religion, demonstrates the opposite in its' attempt at maintaining "political correctness". Schools can no longer decorate or have students celebrate christmas or easter because it might offend some other minority religious view but it is perfectly ok to have a room set aside for muslums to pray in or to teach students about the muslim religion while ignoring the christian theology.

I totally agree that people should have freedom of religion and that right protected but it will never happen as long as religions see themselves as power bases and not pillars of strength for their members.

Actually i think the two pillars of civilization are marriage and law, Without law we would not have the freedoms we do. Which is why this gay marriage situation is so destructive to our society.

My two pillars of civilization are:

1.) Individual liberty: The right of every individual to live life as they choose so long as it does not interfere with the right of other individuals to live their lives. And no two gay people getting married does not interfere with your right to live as you choose.

2.) Community strength: The idea that each individual should be part of the community of humanity. We should not live as if our neighbor does not matter. Community, be it your city, your neighborhood, your co-workers, is essential to maintaining strong civilization.

These two pillars should be equally balanced. When one outweighs the other you have either anarchy or despotism.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
My two pillars of civilization are:

1.) Individual liberty: The right of every individual to live life as they choose so long as it does not interfere with the right of other individuals to live their lives. And no two gay people getting married does not interfere with your right to live as you choose.

Yes, I chose to enter into my marriage knowing it was a bond between a man and a woman. Changing that now lowers the meaning of what marriage has stood for for over 2,000 years. They are stepping on something that wasn't designed for them. Let them design something for themselves. They can call it "fruit loops" and they can forbid heterosexuals from getting "looped".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back