The U.S. is number 28 in gun homicides with 2.97 per 100,000

Not every firearm-related death is a homicide.

So, it looks like you're wrong.

True, a lot of them are you wingnuts removing yourself from the gene pool either through suicide or accidents.

And while I normally wouldn't object to that sort of thing, it probably would be a good thing to reduce the number of those occurances.
You're a psychopath.

Then again, most progressives have no respect for human life.

Not at all...

I just realize that most of you right wingers are stupid and need to be protected from yourselves.

now, while it would be nice to put a fence around some Red State and put you gun nutters in there until you all eliminated each other, that might be harsh...

True, a lot of them are you wingnuts removing yourself from the gene pool either through suicide or accidents.

And while I normally wouldn't object to that sort of thing, it probably would be a good thing to reduce the number of those occurances.
You're a psychopath.

Not at all...

I just realize that most of you right wingers are stupid and need to be protected from yourselves.

now, while it would be nice to put a fence around some Red State and put you gun nutters in there until you all eliminated each other, that might be harsh...

No we need to be left alone to be able to defend ourselves from the likes of your stupidity

You're a psychopath.

Not at all...

No we need to be left alone to be able to defend ourselves from the likes of your stupidity

A gun in your home is 43 times more likely to kill you than a bad guy...

The chances of you using it to protect yourself from me is probably astronomical.

Not at all...

The chances of you using it to protect yourself from me is probably astronomical.

Dude you already know that has been debunked several times.

Not at all...

This bogus statistic has already been debunked 100 times in this forum

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?id=2331

The "43 times" claim was based upon a small-scale study of firearms deaths in King County, Washington (Seattle and Bellevue) covering the period 1978-83. The authors state,

"Mortality studies such as ours do not include cases in which burglars or intruders are wounded or frightened away by the use or display of a firearm. Cases in which would-be intruders may have purposely avoided a house known to be armed are also not identified…A complete determination of firearm risks versus benefits would require that these figures be known."

Having said this, these authors proceed anyway to exclude those same instances where a potential criminal was not killed but was thwarted.

How many successful self-defense events do not result in death of the criminal? An analysis by Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz (Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, v. 86 n.1 [Fall 1995]) of successful defensive uses of firearms against criminal attack concluded that the criminal is killed in only one case in approximately every one thousand attacks. If this same ratio is applied to defensive uses in the home, then Kellermann's "43 times" is off by a factor of a thousand and should be at least as small as 0.043, not 43. Any evaluation of the effectiveness of firearms as defense against criminal assault should incorporate every event where a crime is either thwarted or mitigated; thus Kellermann's conclusion omits 999 non-lethal favorable outcomes from criminal attack and counts only the one event in which the criminal is killed. With woeful disregard for this vital point, recognized by these authors but then ignored, they conclude,

No, they are actually quite good. They are far better than the odds of the police protecting you. studies show that people use firearms to protect themselves over one million times each year.

Last edited:
Schreeching "I don't want it to be true" is not debunking Kellerman.

You guys haven't debunked it, not once.

You just claim that he shouldn't count suicides or some shit like that...

Dude it was debunked 4 months ago 3 months ago 2 months ago.
And now

A gun in your home is 43 times more likely to kill you than a bad guy
Fact: Of the 43 deaths reported in this flawed study, 37 (86%) were suicides. Other deaths
involved criminal activity between the family members (drug deals gone bad).

The facts remain, (1) Red States are generally more dangerous than Blue States despite relaxed gun laws, (2) Kellerman has not been debunked, (3) Heller 1(F) allows SCOTUS to further regulate guns, if it so wishes, and (4) demand for change grows at the local, state, and national levels.

Last edited:

And now

Fact: Of the 43 deaths reported in this flawed study, 37 (86%) were suicides. Other deaths

When you kill yourself, you are still dead.

A gun in the house made a sucide possible. So, nope, arguing that nonsense doesn't work.

Yes, a murder is a criminal activity.

So, that one fails, too.

And now

A gun in the house made a sucide possible. So, nope, arguing that nonsense doesn't work.

So, that one fails, too.

When a person decides to kill themselves if they don't have access to a gun they will still find a way.
Your spam post of 6 months is once again debunked

And now

So, that one fails, too.

When a person decides to kill themselves if they don't have access to a gun they will still find a way.

You make no sense, and once again you have debunked yourself.

So, that one fails, too.

You make no sense, and once again you have debunked yourself.
I don't make sense to you because you don't live in the real world, you live in a world that your mind has mind up, you live in a fantasy world.
That's not my fault.

Now once again if a person has their mind made up to kill themselves they will find a way
Even use a cop to finish the deed.

Your desires do not change that the 43X number is an unquestionable basic fact.

[

They find a way to try, not necessarily succeed.

53% of sucides in the US are done with firearms... and we have one of the highest suicide rates in the world.

List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amongst G-7 countries, only Japan rates higher, and their culture has completely different religous and social attitudes about it.

[

53% of sucides in the US are done with firearms... and we have one of the highest suicide rates in the world.

List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amongst G-7 countries, only Japan rates higher, and their culture has completely different religous and social attitudes about it.
Yep what type of gun control does Japan have?

Amongst G-7 countries, only Japan rates higher, and their culture has completely different religious and social attitudes about it.

Yes people who have less access to guns don't necessarily succeed in killing themselves, that is why Japan, whose citizenry has practically no access to guns, has more sucessful suicides.

Joe is a smart feller.

Forum List

Back