The Ukrainian Military Looks Ameture At Best.

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
While the Russian force being brought to bear is certainly daunting; the Ukrainians don’t seem to be putting up a very effective resistance. Who the hell is their military leadership? Why weren’t bridges blown ahead of mechanized convoys? Why haven’t highways been barricaded with cars, and trucks to provide ambush points or at least stall the advance? What the Hell are they actually doing besides trading pot shots with small arms fire? Do these folks even have a national defense plan? It certainly doesn’t look like it…

Ok General Armchair. Wars are much more complicated than people think. Russia has great numbers, and more importantly, geographic advantages - they are invading from different points including from the air. I'm pretty sure the Ukrainian generals have put more thought into their defense than you have

While the Russian force being brought to bear is certainly daunting; the Ukrainians don’t seem to be putting up a very effective resistance. Who the hell is their military leadership? Why weren’t bridges blown ahead of mechanized convoys? Why haven’t highways been barricaded with cars, and trucks to provide ambush points or at least stall the advance? What the Hell are they actually doing besides trading pot shots with small arms fire? Do these folks even have a national defense plan? It certainly doesn’t look like it…
Crap!

And to think I put money down on the Ukraine to win.

How stupid was that?

I wonder if my bookie can get me out of it.

Ok General Armchair. Wars are much more complicated than people think. Russia has great numbers, and more importantly, geographic advantages - they are invading from different points including from the air. I'm pretty sure the Ukrainian generals have put more thought into their defense than you have
The current outcome certainly doesn’t suggest that they put as much thought into this as you credit them for.

Which is why you blow bridges and block streets.

Which is why you blow bridges and block streets.
In all seriousness, tribal Afghanis put up stronger resistance to Russin invasion than Ukraine has so far. Have they disabled even one ground vehicle? At this point without foreign intervention. Ukraine is toast. It is completely at the mercy of Russia.

Godboy WOW, you and Vas are saying you know better than the Ukrainian generals
Im not sure why you are giving them such high praise. Look at how incompetent they are. They are really stinking up the place with their ineffective tactics.

Vastator lots of differences between them.
geography
Ukraine used to be part of Russia = Russia knows the people, geography, politics, uses fifth columns-spies, etc
FYI, The Russian took out the Afghanistan leader pronto. They went into the country pronto

Im not sure why you are giving them such high praise. Look at how incompetent they are. They are really stinking up the place with their ineffective tactics.
so, you are stating you know more than the Ukrainians? You know the streets, terrain, etc? Come on, you 2 are being ridiculous.

geography
Ukraine used to be part of Russia = Russia knows the people, geography, politics, uses fifth columns-spies, etc
FYI, The Russian took out the Afghanistan leader pronto. They went into the country pronto

And from what I see they are sending Cold war relics up against more modern equipment.

A T-64 vs. a T-80 or T-90 ain't gonna give you a good outcome.

geography
They presumably know the geography of their own country. As such the mechanized invasion should have been slowed. It's a tactic as old as war itself. And they should have been handing out weapons like Mardi Gras beads as they retreated. They aren't displaying even the most rudimentary battle tactics.

so, you are stating you know more than the Ukrainians? You know the streets, terrain, etc? Come on, you 2 are being ridiculous.
Why would i need to know that in order to see how terrible they are at defending their nation? Im no expert, yet I said that Biden's sanctions werent going to do shit and I was right. Apparently i know more about warfare than Ukraine's generals and the current White House Administration.

The point is that THEY are presumed to know these things. But if they do; they haven't used any of it for a tactical advantage. Doing these basic thing are mandatory in a retreat. It preserves the most valuable resource one has in war. Time.

The point is that THEY are presumed to know these things. But if they do; they haven't used any of it for a tactical advantage. Doing these basic thing are mandatory in a retreat. It preserves the most valuable resource one has in war. Time.
so, you are stating you would do it better and know better than they do?

The most valuable resource in war is the land that you control, particularly the defensive positions that the Ukrainian military is giving up without a fight..

so, you are stating you would do it better and know better than they do?
At this point yes. Unless they're attempting a hail Mary, and holding back their forces to lure the Russians in, only to circle around, cut off a retreat, and tighten the noose. But that doesn't appear within their tactical know how.

Actually the Ukrainians are doing much better than anticipated.

The Russians have an overwhelming force and will prevail but the Ukrainians have produced much higher Russian losses than we thought. The Russians have not met their objectives during the initial 24 hours. Their offense is stalled on three of the four fronts. High tank losses.

The real war will be after the Russians take over and have to deal with the insurgency. They will find out what IED are all about.

The Russians will prevail but the cost will be higher than they anticipated..

The most valuable resource in war is the land that you control, particularly the defensive positions that the Ukrainian military is giving up without a fight..
Geography valuable as it is, is merely a tool. One can always use another tool if need be. But time is a resource. A consumable like food, and ammo. But amongst all the resources time is the most valuable. It dictates how long the rest of your resources will last, which influences how long you can utilize the tools at your disposal.

Forum List

Back