The Vikings were not Germans

Neither horns nor language have anything to do with it.
What has nothing to do with? It is related to the topic. The Germans were not horned warriors, there were no horned warriors when there were Vitings and so on.

this is a weak and illogical version. It is logical to assume that this is a change of one letter when rewriting, as it usually happens: viting
Senseless rubbish without even a motivated indication of what "servant" has to do with anything. Furthermore, you are debating within the confines of modern spelling while I am speaking from the Vikings' own words.

Senseless rubbish without even a motivated indication of what "servant" has to do with anything. Furthermore, you are debating within the confines of modern spelling while I am speaking from the Vikings' own words.
This is logical, because when the Pan-Germanists invented their "great past" they used their own words. Servants needed to be exalted to the status of warriors, because the people respected the warriors, and despised the servants.

He sure looks German to me
I identify the Germans by their alcoholism. They like to bark loudly when they drink too much, behave arrogantly, try to morally put pressure on opponents, but when it comes to a fight, they immediately become polite and ask for mercy. I just dealt with this yesterday. As usual, he barked loudly at first, and then chickened out.

Mixing absurd conclusions of (1) Germans with (2) horns and (3) misspelling of Viking has gone beyond earnest discussion.
Apparently, the reason for the misunderstanding is autism, which has swept Europe like an epidemic. Modern Europeans find it difficult when it comes to logic and associations.

This is logical, because when the Pan-Germanists invented their "great past" they used their own words. Servants needed to be exalted to the status of warriors, because the people respected the warriors, and despised the servants.

Your version is ridiculous, it just does not confirm anything at all - just a political fantasy

Apparently, the reason for the misunderstanding is autism, which has swept Europe like an epidemic. Modern Europeans find it difficult when it comes to logic and associations.
You've really gone beyond imagination. The Vikings were no more a nationality than the Hells Angles but here you are saying that Germans were not Vikings, that the word means "servant", and that they wore helmets with horns on them. Utter silliness.

You've really gone beyond imagination. The Vikings were no more a nationality than the Hells Angles but here you are saying that Germans were not Vikings, that the word means "servant", and that they wore helmets with horns on them. Utter silliness.
What the pan-Germanists called "Vikings" were a non-Germanic Nordic culture of the Scandinavian Bronze Age.

Your version is ridiculous, it just does not confirm anything at all - just a political fantasy

:26:I am a formerly employed representative of the highest order of Viking culture and history here in Scandinavia but you think that you know better than the expert authorities. :auiqs.jpg:

:26:I am a formerly employed representative of the highest order of Viking culture and history here in Scandinavia but you think that you know better than the expert authorities. :auiqs.jpg:

All he knows is connecting any positive traits to the Indo-Aryan tribes. And any negative traits to the Northern European tribes.

It is really that simple. He just takes it to extremes.

dude, the Normans were from France...NOrmandy.....geeze
Wrong - the term Normandy (land of the Northmen) derives from Northman aka Vikings, - Rollo aka Hrólfr (around 900AD) a Viking from today's Norway became the first Duke of a Northmen fief in today's Normandy. Henceforth called Rollo Duke of Normandy.
He is rather wrongly depicted in the TV series Vikings - as the half brother of Ragnar.

That these Normans who conquered England 150 years later (Hastings 1066AD) were mixed with Breton's and locals living in Normandy is understood.

Last edited:
Facts are the best experts. Modern experts are hired by slave owners and they make sure that there are no smart people among them.

All he knows is connecting any positive traits to the Indo-Aryan tribes. And any negative traits to the Northern European tribes.

It is really that simple. He just takes it to extremes.
I am happy to see that you have figured out what he's doing because all I see from him is smoke. Thank you for the insight. :thup:

Facts are the best experts. Modern experts are hired by slave owners and they make sure that there are no smart people among them.

Boy, you really love to sing and dance. Experts are people with more extensive knowledge of a given subject. GLASNOST seems knowledgeable enough on this topic. And several of your "facts" have been disputed.

I talked about the fact that Inde (Apache) have a common origin with representatives of the Afanasiev culture. This is fully supported by the scientific facts of archeology and genetics, but you have no idea about the scientific method, I'm sorry.

Forum List

Back