The wage gap

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
So does any feminist want to dispute the claim that the wage gap is bullshit because it averages all professions instead of specific ones? What's implied is that men are paid significantly more for the same work(illegal), but in truth it just means that men seek more lucrative professional paths.

It's hard for me to take American feminism seriously when their rallying cry is based on bullshit, and especially when no feminist seems willing to address this.

I wore my pussy hat to my performance review and didn't get a promotion. Misogyny I tell ya!

• Banned
Women aren't getting paid less for the same work. They are getting paid the same for less work.

I am a father of 2 daughters and a wife who is the bread winner of the family.

In most cases it does make sense for women to have a wage gap because in reality it isn't equal pay for equal work.

If a woman is either a working wife and mother or a single mother in most cases it is the mother who will stay home if the child is sick etc. So someone is going to have to do the job in many cases if the woman isn't at work.

Things maybe slowly changing, but this situation is still the norm.

Not complicated, women get paid less than men. you can argue the whys all you want, wont alter the Fact.

• Banned
Not complicated, women get paid less than men. you can argue the whys all you want, wont alter the Fact.

I just explained why that is mostly untrue. It's illegal to pay men more for the same work. Women make less money because of the careers they choose, not because men naturally get paid more. Also, if you think the whats and whys of it are mostly white noise, well, yikes.

Forum List

Back