The Wagon Box fight - eyewitness reporting

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

A fascinating account by a man who was there.

The more I watched this the more the similarities with Rorkes Drift came to mind. A few couragous men crouched behind barricades fightiing off a superior force of native people.

I dont think the American version has been made into a film.

In both cases the combatants on either side were victims of colonialism.

(part 2 of this follows on)

A fascinating account by a man who was there.

The more I watched this the more the similarities with Rorkes Drift came to mind. A few couragous men crouched behind barricades fightiing off a superior force of native people.

I dont think the American version has been made into a film.

In both cases the combatants on either side were victims of colonialism.

(part 2 of this follows on)

Of course, if the Colonization of the Savage planet never happened, people today would still be living like those in Africa or US where they live in shithouses or tents made of Bison, no running water, moving when the dry seasons come upon them, and the constant warring amongst the tribes.

Africa.....

R.64dc151548f88d381979fa5d3796f132

America
native-american-poverty.jpg

Reminds me of the Welsh communists You were a leading disciple .. Thats why you are known as Tummy Turd

10 years later a far more widely known massacre would occur, again at the hands of the Sioux, and I doubt most people have heard of this one that preceded it. Dee Brown (Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee) wrote a book about this massacre.

The Natives would desecrate the bodies because they thought that was what you would look like in the afterlife. There is a much written about story of them not doing this to the bugler of the 7th Cavalry, who fought with both a knife and his bugle to the death at Little Bighorn. He was admired by the Natives for this.

Of course, if the Colonization of the Savage planet never happened, people today would still be living like those in Africa or US where they live in shithouses or tents made of Bison, no running water, moving when the dry seasons come upon them, and the constant warring amongst the tribes.

Africa.....

America
Because western capitalism is such a benevolent institution. ?

There was no "eyewitness" as such. The official report of the Wagon Box fight relied on a conglomeration of witness accounts. Chief Red Cloud had been successful in attacking civilians who were engaged in supplying the Army fort but he was surprised by the new breach loading Trapdoor Springfields that at that time shot a potent 50/70 round.

There was no "eyewitness" as such. The official report of the Wagon Box fight relied on a conglomeration of witness accounts. Chief Red Cloud had been successful in attacking civilians who were engaged in supplying the Army fort but he was surprised by the new breach loading Trapdoor Springfields that at that time shot a potent 50/70 round.
They literally use the words of a guy who was there.

A lot better than the alternative, if everything was left alone. Do you like living in a house made of shit?
My house is made of Ruabon Red Brick.. Im sure there is an argument for colonialism but your ravings dont come close to making it.
In both cases we see working class poor people fighting natives for the benefit of bakers and capitalist elites.
Its not even debatable.

My house is made of Ruabon Red Brick.. Im sure there is an argument for colonialism but your ravings dont come close to making it.
In both cases we see working class poor people fighting natives for the benefit of bakers and capitalist elites.
Its not even debatable.
Yet without the Capitalists who make the bread and other necessities like cell phones and computers, you would be living still in the dark ages.

Oh yeah, and Communism...well that kills more people, just because they can.

DeathTollCommunism.jpg

Africa.....

America

Wow, you mean there is poverty in different places all over the world? Breaking news!

They literally use the words of a guy who was there.
It's like a Soldier giving an account of D.Day. You only see your part of the action. I think Red Cloud died around the turn of the 20th century and claimed he had no memory of the battle. Apparently the Indians thought a bunch of civilian wood cutters would be easy pickings like they used to be but the stodgy old U.S. Army was ready this time with some potent firearms.

It's like a Soldier giving an account of D.Day. You only see your part of the action. I think Red Cloud died around the turn of the 20th century and claimed he had no memory of the battle. Apparently the Indians thought a bunch of civilian wood cutters would be easy pickings like they used to be but the stodgy old U.S. Army was ready this time with some potent firearms.
Well his testimony brought the story to life. Certainly more compelling than an account from someone who wasnt there. Its fascinating stuff.

Forum List

Back