The Walking Dead Season 5

The theme throughout the Walking dead is basically that mankind sucks and is probably not worth preserving as a species.

I liked the idea of Rick and crew arriving at an Indian reservation to find there are no Walkers because the Walkers are just the insanity of white people coming back to bite them.

There was an episode where they pick up a hitchhiker as Rick is about to attack the Governor and I thought the conversation would go;

Hitchhiker: So where are you guys going?

Rick: We're going to attack the Governor and his people

Hitchhiker: There's only a small handful of humans left...and you're attacking each other?

Rick: Yeah, that''s right. I have to keep my people safe.

Hitchhiker: OK, great , drop me off here at the next corner

Well to be fair, Rick and the crew aren't going around trying to find trouble. Trouble finds them! They have to protect themselves. There's no other choice, other than to let others kill you or leave you with nothing so that you eventually die. Humans, like any animals, are quite brutal when they are desperate. ALL animals are.
The point is they never seem to get a clue and leave the area where they keep running into trouble.

Because travel in the post-apocalyptic zombie world is such an easy thing, right? ;) There's no reason to suspect they'll run into trouble anywhere else!

The theme throughout the Walking dead is basically that mankind sucks and is probably not worth preserving as a species.

I liked the idea of Rick and crew arriving at an Indian reservation to find there are no Walkers because the Walkers are just the insanity of white people coming back to bite them.

There was an episode where they pick up a hitchhiker as Rick is about to attack the Governor and I thought the conversation would go;

Hitchhiker: There's only a small handful of humans left...and you're attacking each other?

Well to be fair, Rick and the crew aren't going around trying to find trouble. Trouble finds them! They have to protect themselves. There's no other choice, other than to let others kill you or leave you with nothing so that you eventually die. Humans, like any animals, are quite brutal when they are desperate. ALL animals are.
The point is they never seem to get a clue and leave the area where they keep running into trouble.

Because travel in the post-apocalyptic zombie world is such an easy thing, right? ;) There's no reason to suspect they'll run into trouble anywhere else!

If some people had their way, the show would be so boring!

I get that the show can often seem unrealistic (I know, I know, it's a show about the zombie apocalypse, but that doesn't mean you need to completely ignore how someone might realistically react to a given situation :lol:) but I also think some people too easily discount the pressures the characters would be under and the changes living in such a world would force upon them. A lot of times, the kind of 'they should do this, they should do that' conversations are based on a view of things the characters likely wouldn't have, or ignores the emotional aspect of decisions, or maybe even is based on ego (*I* would do so much better in that situation!), etc. So while there are issues, I think the writers do at least a decent job of imagining how various characters might act in the context of the show.

I get that the show can often seem unrealistic (I know, I know, it's a show about the zombie apocalypse, but that doesn't mean you need to completely ignore how someone might realistically react to a given situation :lol:) but I also think some people too easily discount the pressures the characters would be under and the changes living in such a world would force upon them. A lot of times, the kind of 'they should do this, they should do that' conversations are based on a view of things the characters likely wouldn't have, or ignores the emotional aspect of decisions, or maybe even is based on ego (*I* would do so much better in that situation!), etc. So while there are issues, I think the writers do at least a decent job of imagining how various characters might act in the context of the show.

I agree, and some people need to lighten up because it is only for entertainment purposes. It's not the kind of show that is based in reality anyways, given the zombies, as you mentioned above. :D I'm not one of those who believes that a zombie apocalypse would actually ever happen.

Of course it's difficult. They can't seem to keep a hold of any car they get running either.

Hmm. Interesting revelations tonight. I can kind of understand why the red-headed guy would have been quite angry finding out this information. Lol! I'm thinking that was the ONLY reason he was still alive and hadn't already killed himself. He must feel totally screwed over by Mr. Social Retard.

It was pretty gross when he sprayed the zombies with the hose too. Eww. :lol: Pretty easy to kill though.

Todays episode was a BORE. Anyone with a brain would know that retard was full of it. Show is getting dumber & dumber.

I agree, not the best episode, but that's because I wanted so answers about who was with Daryl.

Something about Eugene's character I like though. He is a gifted liar!

So, is it my tv, or are there a shitload of fat walkers wandering around?

Todays episode was a BORE. Anyone with a brain would know that retard was full of it. Show is getting dumber & dumber.

I agree, not the best episode, but that's because I wanted so answers about who was with Daryl.

Something about Eugene's character I like though. He is a gifted liar!

Not the best episode, but not so terrible either. :D I thought we got to find out some valuable information tonight.

Interesting episode tonight. Though... Let's be honest here, I don't think anyone didn't see that one coming. lol

Other than that, not a whole lot to say... Other than that red haired guy needs to learn how to drive. :D

I wonder if they'll do anything with that giant farm full of zombies.

I don't remember if they ever addressed it or not, but did all animals die? And if so, did they not turn into zombies?

Interesting episode tonight. Though... Let's be honest here, I don't think anyone didn't see that one coming. lol

Other than that, not a whole lot to say... Other than that red haired guy needs to learn how to drive. :D

What do you think about the red-headed guy? He seems like he could just flip out at any time. I don't know if I'd trust him, though I don't blame him for being angry at the "scientist" guy after the most recent revelations. :D

What do you think about the red-headed guy? He seems like he could just flip out at any time. I don't know if I'd trust him, though I don't blame him for being angry at the "scientist" guy after the most recent revelations. :D

Yea. He's a good guy, but he seems kind of aggressive and temperamental even at the best of times. I can't imagine that this will help matters any.

"Scientist" guy is a moron. lol

Edit:

His family was pretty stupid as well. The guy just beat the people who raped and tortured you to death, and your first reaction is to run away from him?

Really???

Yea. He's a good guy, but he seems kind of aggressive and temperamental even at the best of times. I can't imagine that this will help matters any.

Edit:

His family was pretty stupid as well. The guy just beat the people who raped and tortured you to death, and your first reaction is to run away from him?

Really???

I agree. Under those circumstances, his family should have been more understanding, and they way they seemed like they were afraid of him? I don't know, maybe he was a violent dude.

Edit:

Really???

I agree. Under those circumstances, his family should have been more understanding, and they way they seemed like they were afraid of him? I don't know, maybe he was a violent dude.

I think the explanation given on the talking dead is that they knew he had a history in the military, but they had never actually seen him in action. They just couldn't handle it.

Still pretty silly if you ask me, however.

That's one of those moments where you just say "I'm glad he's on our side" and leave things at that. lol

I wonder why he didn't just put a bullet in the guy and be done with it.

What I want to know is why his own family was so terrified of him that they would rather walk outside and be eaten.

I wonder why he didn't just put a bullet in the guy and be done with it.

What I want to know is why his own family was so terrified of him that they would rather walk outside and be eaten.

Which guy? The fake scientist?

They weren't very clear as to why he had blood all over his hands and why his family looked so frightened of him. Perhaps he just flipped out in front of them and beat some people to death with his bare hands? I don't know. His family seemed to be awfully frightened of him though. That's strange.

Forum List

Back