The Walking Dead Season 5

I watch the show a day late, just watched it.
Damn...Beth is dead. Not what I was expecting.

I thought Carol was gonna get it the way everyone was talking about a main character getting clipped. I thought she was gonna go off when she woke up in the hospital and sacrifice herself for Beth or something.

Me too. I never considered Beth a "main character". She was and is forgettable.

Me too. I never considered Beth a "main character". She was and is forgettable.

She lasted a pretty long time, and it was a pretty dramatic episode for sure. But yeah, I was thinking like a MAIN character. She hasn't had to many central plot roles overall. Her and Daryl in those one or two episodes, and the the episode where she tried to kill herself. Those are the only ones that really stand out to me. When Herschel got it, that one shocked me. Of course he was old and crippled, so it wasn't like he was going to make it too much longer anyway. But he was definitely a core character.

lol..I think the baby is shanes, too.

I THINK what Beth meant when she said "I get it now" was that Dawn wanted Noah because Dawn NEEDED someone to bully around under HER control since she had none with the other cops and was fast losing ground with them. She was losing beth, so to punish beth and to replace her at the same time, she demanded noah.

That's what I thought too but wasn't sure.

I never got a true sense that Dawn was this quasi-nazi-cop or whatever. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. The whole cop thing at the hospital ..... didn't really grab me in, you know? I'm still bummbed that Beth is gone but did enjoy being surprised by her death. ha, ha if that makes sense.

I think Dawn just needed Noah in the trade to support her superiority with her crew. If she left it at an even trade ... She would have been weak and allowed Rick to set the terms. The fact she didn't negotiate the trade and Rick agreed to let Noah go is proof it would have worked.

Beth threatened that ... Acted on her desire to hurt Dawn and paid for it. The real cost will be to what extent everyone pays for it in the long run.

Daryl is messed up now ... Maybe more than Carol can fix. Rick is more solid in his decisions to destroy possible threats than negotiate. Maggie is set back ... Glenn is already having trouble balancing the real threats versus desired outcomes. Tyrese has issues ... But who wouldn't after Carol and the girls last season? He may be seen as weak ... But he faced his demons when he finished Bob and confronted the mess he made letting the other guy go.

I think Tyrese is going to end up being what Daryl has tried to be this season ... He will remain the conscience of the group, but will also be the soldier when necessary.

Dawn really should have demanded Noah before they did the trade, Rick was right the deal was already done. You can't make a deal like that, wait until the transaction is done than demand new terms.

When Rick shot Dawn and then they all drew their weapons but the one cop was like 'no, this was Dawn's problem
Rick didn't have to hit the guy that hard with the car, he hit that man to kill him. I don't think he had to do that, but Rick isn't giving other people that many chances anymore. The cop should have just stopped.

I really don't see Rick as the bad guy people want to make him out as being sometimes.

I see Rick as a man who realizes the gravity of existing circumstances and who discriminates against threats to his group (family). He wants to trust people (like Noah) and does ... Same as he trusted the officer after speaking with him. He just doesn't respect the lives of people he cannot trust.

I am with Rick there ... I was bummed when the cop he ran over burned him. The cop was one of the first rational sounding people they had met in a long time ... I was looking forward to seeing him add some balance. Luckily he was built up and destroyed quickly ... Allowing less time for me to like him more and screw things up worse.

I understand, I agree with you. After Ricks run ins with the Governor and the Wanderers where Carl almost got raped I do not blame him for taking this stand, he has become more like Shane from season 2.

They're all more Shane-like. They have to be. Shane seemed looney at the time.... now? not so much.

Daryl shot Dawn although I am sure Rick was more than willing to, there are some of them that are still soft like Tyrese, he let that guy go that tried to kill Judith, plus when Rick, Sasha, Michonne and Abraham were killing Gareth and the Termites Glenn and Maggie were just looking at them like lost children, I don't think they liked the brutality than Rick and Abraham exhibited.

Weren't Glenn and Maggie hold up in that big bin? To me they seemed dazed and weak (from being in the bin) more than anything. Ack, can't remember! lol I think they're all getting to be more like Shane in their own way. Inch by inch. Tyrese stabbed Bob's head after he died so he wouldn't turn -- not so long ago he never would have done that, Carol was an abused wife and now she's total badass she killed those two girls and what's her name at the prison, what she did at Terminus. Even Carl, he shot Shane. Amazing that even in a post-zombie world they have to fear nasty humans as much as walkers.

I thought Rick shot Dawn? Cripes, I must have blinked. I was so shocked that Dawn blew Beth's head that I don't think I noticed who shot her!

Hey, are Sasha and Tyrese brother and sister (on the show)?

Rick drew his gun but Daryl beat him to it. When Dawn shot Beth Darly went right into Rick mode, I haven't seen him like that since Meryl died.

I THINK what Beth meant when she said "I get it now" was that Dawn wanted Noah because Dawn NEEDED someone to bully around under HER control since she had none with the other cops and was fast losing ground with them. She was losing beth, so to punish beth and to replace her at the same time, she demanded noah.

I never got a true sense that Dawn was this quasi-nazi-cop or whatever. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. The whole cop thing at the hospital ..... didn't really grab me in, you know? I'm still bummbed that Beth is gone but did enjoy being surprised by her death. ha, ha if that makes sense.

I think Dawn just needed Noah in the trade to support her superiority with her crew. If she left it at an even trade ... She would have been weak and allowed Rick to set the terms. The fact she didn't negotiate the trade and Rick agreed to let Noah go is proof it would have worked.

Beth threatened that ... Acted on her desire to hurt Dawn and paid for it. The real cost will be to what extent everyone pays for it in the long run.

Daryl is messed up now ... Maybe more than Carol can fix. Rick is more solid in his decisions to destroy possible threats than negotiate. Maggie is set back ... Glenn is already having trouble balancing the real threats versus desired outcomes. Tyrese has issues ... But who wouldn't after Carol and the girls last season? He may be seen as weak ... But he faced his demons when he finished Bob and confronted the mess he made letting the other guy go.

I think Tyrese is going to end up being what Daryl has tried to be this season ... He will remain the conscience of the group, but will also be the soldier when necessary.

Dawn really should have demanded Noah before they did the trade, Rick was right the deal was already done. You can't make a deal like that, wait until the transaction is done than demand new terms.

Well ... Rick's deal relied on the lie about the officer he killed ... Neither party was forthright in the deal ... And the terms were based in a lie to start with.

Well ... Rick's deal relied on the lie about the officer he killed ... Neither party was forthright in the deal ... And the terms were based in a lie to start with.

Good point.

I think that in seasons 1 and 2, Ricks group would have probably tried to stay at the hospital, ESPECIALLY with Lori pregnant.

Rick is another Governor, the needle on his moral compass broke
His moral compass has been broke. He ran that guy down knowing it could potentially ruin the trade deal. But he did it anyway. That is proof he is off his rocker.

Typical cop response. "All you had to do was stop."
When he said that..I wondered if filming was happening at the time of the MB thing and that was a sly reference to it.

His moral compass has been broke. He ran that guy down knowing it could potentially ruin the trade deal. But he did it anyway. That is proof he is off his rocker.

When he said that..I wondered if filming was happening at the time of the MB thing and that was a sly reference to it.

Hmmm, you think so?

Hmmm, you think so?
I dunno, hon. But it was the first thing I thought of when he said it.

Hmmm, you think so?
I dunno, hon. But it was the first thing I thought of when he said it.

I doubt Rick appears before a Grand Jury ... And looting is an everyday occurrence in Walking Dead World.

I know that, lol. I was just wondering if it was some kind of message being sent by the writers or producers IF that particular scene was being filmed during the MB time.

I know that, lol. I was just wondering if it was some kind of message being sent by the writers or producers IF that particular scene was being filmed during the MB time.

I never made the connection between the two ... But six degrees of separation occur in most things. Connection can be made with or without intent.

If it was their intent to send a message ... What is the message you received?

They were both cops ... I guess the message could have been ... Don't trust cops.

Forum List

Back