The Wizard of Oz -- missing and edited parts

Technology now exists, where they could reinsert the deleted scenes, and create the missing parts to fit the entire movie back into one solid piece!! I don't know why they wont do it. Fans would buy it up!!!

I've often thought, while watching the “Deleted Scenes” on a DVD or BluRay, that there ought to be an option to select some of those scenes and to play the whole movie with those scenes inserted where they belong.

In many cases, one can see why the scenes were deleted, but in other cases, one can see how the scenes would have made more sense of the movie.

Best example I can think of is Sucker Punch. Not really a true deleted scene, but one that was only in the “Director's Cut” and not in the version shown in theatres. The scene where Baby Doll finally meets “The High Roller”. The scene shortly after, just after she's had her lobotomy, and the doctor who performed it speaking of the experience, makes a lot more sense if you've seen the High Roller scene than if you haven't.

Thanks for the link. Here are some scenes referenced in the OP clip but not included.

Weird seeing the guard sing Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead after Dorothy “liquidates” her:

Very well done reconstruction of Over the Rainbow reprised:

I can why “the jitterbug” scene was deleted:

Original Twister scene:

Technology now exists, where they could reinsert the deleted scenes, and create the missing parts to fit the entire movie back into one solid piece!! I don't know why they wont do it. Fans would buy it up!!!

I know of one person who would love anything of the film that hasn't been shared yet: my most favorite actor Bronson Pinchot. The Wizard Of Oz is his most favorite film and because of something that I recently learned about him, I couldn't walk away from getting him what I show in this clip here. Something special that I wrote for him as well is underneath the clip when seeing it at the You Tube site, I love him so much.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. If I am ever given an address to send my special gift to, I was going to include my VHS copy of the film because it was given to me the year that the film turned 50 years old in 1989 when I was just seven years old. It includes a booklet with stories and pictures in it as well as behind the scenes coverage after the film is shown. :) :) :)

Forum List

Back