The Wizard of Pennsylvania Avenue???

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Remember Peggy Joseph?

1. She thought Obama would put gas in her car, and pay her mortgage:

2. "NEW YORK – In his new full-length documentary film, “There’s No Place Like Utopia,” Joel Gilbert found Peggy Joseph, the Florida voter who became infamous during the 2008 presidential campaign for saying Barack Obama would “pay for my gas and my mortgage.”

3. ....some six years into the Obama presidency, Joseph has turned against the president, disappointed that he did not deliver on his “hope and change” campaign promises.

4..... Joseph and her children, just like her Haitian immigrant parents, had no history of ever accepting any form of government assistance or taxpayer-funded handouts.

5. “Truth and honesty are important,” Joseph explained to Gilbert in the film. “He lied about everything.”

6. Joseph explained that after doing some research and listening more carefully to Obama, she realized he was a fraud, and “just like the Wizard of Oz, Obama has turned out to be nothing more than a man behind a curtain.”

7. She explained that her comments to a reporter in 2008 were a result of being caught up in the emotion of an Obama campaign rally, and she didn’t think for herself.

8. “In my journey through America in ‘There’s No Place Like Utopia,’ I met a lot of people living in horrible conditions, particularly African Americans, who I was surprised to learn were now staunch conservatives as a result of living in progressive-controlled cities like Detroit, Chicago and Newark,” Gilbert said.

9. “After 60 years of progressive politics in their cities, they understood very clearly that they had not been progressing but rather regressing all this time,....

10. ....Gilbert depicts Barack Obama as “the wizard” in the Land of Oz.

“The fundamental lesson of the Wizard of Oz is that there is no wizard.” Gilbert said."
Hey, Obama! Where?s my mortgage payment?

Last edited by a moderator:
In my journey through America in ‘There’s No Place Like Utopia,’ I met a lot of people living in horrible conditions, particularly African Americans, who I was surprised to learn were now staunch conservatives as a result of living in progressive-controlled cities like Detroit, Chicago and Newark,” Gilbert said.
When we look at what happened to places like Detroit, it's no surprise that many of those who were victims of progressive policies, have seen the light and hopped on board the conservative bandwagon. Hope this is a trend that will continue.

When did Obama allegedly promise to put gas in her car? It seems like this person like other people who are right wingers had many misconceptions about the "handouts" he ALLEGEDLY promised to give. Wouldn't you people (republicans/conservatives) be happy that he didn't meet their expectations regarding "handouts"? :)

When did Obama allegedly promise to put gas in her car? It seems like this person like other people who are right wingers had many misconceptions about the "handouts" he ALLEGEDLY promised to give. Wouldn't you people (republicans/conservatives) be happy that he didn't meet their expectations regarding "handouts"? :)

Of course....it couldn't be correct because the community organizer didn't put it in writing and have it notarized.

Yeah, you're right....there was no hype or lies associated with the campaign....

..and no Liberals compared him to God, either.

Obama didn't have to promise it. It's welfare policy.

We will provide your income.
We will provide your housing.
We will provide your food.
We will provide your healthcare.
Have as many kids as you want. The more kids...the more money.
Do NOT get married or we'll take your benefits.
And for God's sake keep voting for Dems or those evil Tea Baggers will take your ENTITLEMENTS!

Of course....it couldn't be correct because the community organizer didn't put it in writing and have it notarized.

Yeah, you're right....there was no hype or lies associated with the campaign....

Do you have any quote that he said that remotely states that he will put gas in people's cars?

I never said that there wasn't any "hype or lies" associated with his campaign.

I don't recall any Liberals "comparing him to God", but hey there's crazy people all over the political spectrum.

That was his tax plan regarding spreading the wealth. How did his tax plan do what was not already being done? Wouldn't you agree that a graduated income tax does indeed "spread the wealth"? When the previous Administration had both Houses, did they do away with the graduated income tax? Or did they maintain the status quo of "spreading the wealth"? I do recall the conservative republican MLK Jr. state that he wanted to "spread the wealth". :)

Even that video doesn't remotely state that he was going to put gas in people's cars.

That was his tax plan regarding spreading the wealth. How did his tax plan do what was not already being done? Wouldn't you agree that a graduated income tax does indeed "spread the wealth"? When the previous Administration had both Houses, did they do away with the graduated income tax? Or did they maintain the status quo of "spreading the wealth"? I do recall the conservative republican MLK Jr. state that he wanted to "spread the wealth". :)

Even that video doesn't remotely state that he was going to put gas in people's cars.

careful, they're FRAGILE

Obama didn't have to promise it. It's welfare policy.

We will provide your income.
We will provide your housing.
We will provide your food.
We will provide your healthcare.
Have as many kids as you want. The more kids...the more money.
Do NOT get married or we'll take your benefits.
And for God's sake keep voting for Dems or those evil Tea Baggers will take your ENTITLEMENTS!

When the previous Administration had control of BOTH houses, did they do away with any of those programs or did they expand them (see Medicare Part D)? I'm willing to bet that not a few of those "teabaggers" (as you called them) are recipients of the welfare state's benefits that they rail against themselves. :)

What we have here is a reading comprehension problem.
It is not Right wingers and conservatives having misconceptions about the "handouts"
It is Obama Supporters themselves that are feeling deceived about the "handouts" that didn't meet their expectations.

Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!!
Right wingers attending an Obama Rally? Get real
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Do you have any quote that he said that remotely states that he will put gas in people's cars?

I don't recall any Liberals "comparing him to God", but hey there's crazy people all over the political spectrum.

"I don't recall any Liberals "comparing him to God",

Are you claiming some sort of cerebral injury....or defect?

1. The Hollywood celebrities pledge Go to 3:54: "I pledge to be a servant to our president and all mankind." Creepy?
Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher's I Pledge Video - YouTube

2. Time's Nancy Gibbs who opened this week's cover story by comparing Obama with Jesus: “Some princes are born in palaces. Some are born in mangers. But a few are born in the imagination, out of scraps of history and hope...” In the November 17 issue.

3. Chris Matthews: "If you're in [a room] with Obama, you feel the spirit moving." Book Monitor (Current Edition)

4. “Obama seemed the political equivalent of a rainbow — a sudden preternatural event inspiring awe and ecstasy....” Time’s Joe Klein, October 23, 2006 cover story, "Why Barack Obama Could Be the Next President."

5. NBC’s Matt Lauer noted that “people” have called Obama “ ‘The Savior,’ ‘The Messiah,’ ‘The Messenger of Change,’ “ Today Show, NBC, October 20, 2008.

6. The New York Time’s Judith Warner reported, “Many women- not too surprisingly – were dreaming about sex with the president [Obama]”.http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...t-a-president/
“…the Obamas are not just a beacon of hope, inspiration and “demigodlikeness,” Ibid.

7. David Cordero, 24, made the sculpture for his senior show after noticing all the attention Obama has received: "All of this is a response to what I've been witnessing and hearing, this idea that Barack is sort of a potential savior that might come and absolve the country of all its sins," Cordero said.Sculpture of Obama as Jesus causes stir - politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com

8. . In its November 22, 2010 issue, Obama has been shown by Newsweek on its cover page with multiple arms balancing several policy issues while raising his left leg mimicking the cosmic dance of the Hindu deity; considered a manifestation of Lord Shiva.
... Newsweek has named Obama "god of all things" on its cover.
SOURCE: Times of India (November 20, 2010).

9. “I haven’t seen a politician get this kind of walk-on-water coverage since Colin Powell a dozen years ago flirted with making a run for the White House,” said Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz on Meet the Press in February 2007

10. Samantha Fennell, formerly an associate publisher of Elle, wrote on the magazine’s website a month later: “When I attended my second “Obama Live” fund-raiser last week at New York City’s Grand Hyatt, . . . I was on my feet as Senator Obama entered the room. Fate had blessed me in this moment. . . . In a moment of divine intervention, he saw me,…”

11.Filmmaker Spike Lee, predicting an Obama victory, implicitly compared the candidate with Christ: “You’ll have to measure time by ‘Before Obama’ and ‘After Obama.’ . . .

12. Jesse Jackson, Jr. called Obama’s securing the Democratic nomination “so extraordinary that another chapter could be added to the Bible to chronicle its significance.”

13. . Louis Farrakhan went one better, according to the website WorldNetDaily: “Barack has captured the youth. . . . That’s a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking.”

14. His followers needed to re-elect him to a second term, so that he could continue to accomplish the promises he made, thus, realizing his vision of America as a more perfect political union or “heaven here on earth.”
The Gospel According to Apostle Barack, by Barbara A. Thompson.

15. "Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos

You have earned the following, as it applies to what you are trying to do:

"The deniers first deceive themselves that they are sincere in their adherence to falsehoods. Thus they cannot be faulted for acting on genuinely held views.

But in truth, they have cultivated an ignorance of the facts, what Thomas Aquinas called ignorantia affectata.

An ignorance so useful that one protects it at all costs, in order to continue using it in one’s own self interest. This ignorance is not exculpatory, but inculpatory.

Forgive them not, for they know full well what they do.'"
RICHARD BADALAMENTE

The fake ignorance that some use to protect Obama, to defend the indefensible.

careful, they're FRAGILE

And one more difference between us.

You may consider me a star-spangled hammer.

And you know what a hammer does.

OP- So she's still an idiot? Shocking...

If you count ALL taxes, the top 4 fifths of the population all pay 21%, and the poorest fifth 17%. If you include fees, the richest pay the least. Pubs block any tax reform. Voodoo FEDERAL tax rates just led to higher state local taxes and fees, which kill the nonrich. Pub dupes!

1. The Hollywood celebrities pledge Go to 3:54: "I pledge to be a servant to our president and all mankind." Creepy?

2. Time's Nancy Gibbs who opened this week's cover story by comparing Obama with Jesus: “Some princes are born in palaces. Some are born in mangers. But a few are born in the imagination, out of scraps of history and hope...” In the November 17 issue.

3. Chris Matthews: "If you're in [a room] with Obama, you feel the spirit moving." Book Monitor (Current Edition)

4. “Obama seemed the political equivalent of a rainbow — a sudden preternatural event inspiring awe and ecstasy....” Time’s Joe Klein, October 23, 2006 cover story, "Why Barack Obama Could Be the Next President."

5. NBC’s Matt Lauer noted that “people” have called Obama “ ‘The Savior,’ ‘The Messiah,’ ‘The Messenger of Change,’ “ Today Show, NBC, October 20, 2008.

6. The New York Time’s Judith Warner reported, “Many women- not too surprisingly – were dreaming about sex with the president [Obama]”.http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...t-a-president/
“…the Obamas are not just a beacon of hope, inspiration and “demigodlikeness,” Ibid.

7. David Cordero, 24, made the sculpture for his senior show after noticing all the attention Obama has received: "All of this is a response to what I've been witnessing and hearing, this idea that Barack is sort of a potential savior that might come and absolve the country of all its sins," Cordero said.Sculpture of Obama as Jesus causes stir - politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com

8. . In its November 22, 2010 issue, Obama has been shown by Newsweek on its cover page with multiple arms balancing several policy issues while raising his left leg mimicking the cosmic dance of the Hindu deity; considered a manifestation of Lord Shiva.

9. “I haven’t seen a politician get this kind of walk-on-water coverage since Colin Powell a dozen years ago flirted with making a run for the White House,” said Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz on Meet the Press in February 2007

10. Samantha Fennell, formerly an associate publisher of Elle, wrote on the magazine’s website a month later: “When I attended my second “Obama Live” fund-raiser last week at New York City’s Grand Hyatt, . . . I was on my feet as Senator Obama entered the room. Fate had blessed me in this moment. . . . In a moment of divine intervention, he saw me,…”

11.Filmmaker Spike Lee, predicting an Obama victory, implicitly compared the candidate with Christ: “You’ll have to measure time by ‘Before Obama’ and ‘After Obama.’ . . .

12. Jesse Jackson, Jr. called Obama’s securing the Democratic nomination “so extraordinary that another chapter could be added to the Bible to chronicle its significance.”

13. . Louis Farrakhan went one better, according to the website WorldNetDaily: “Barack has captured the youth. . . . That’s a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking.”

14. His followers needed to re-elect him to a second term, so that he could continue to accomplish the promises he made, thus, realizing his vision of America as a more perfect political union or “heaven here on earth.”

15. "Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos

LOL, did you truncate my entire sentence by accident? Here it is:
"
I don't recall any Liberals "comparing him to God", but hey there's crazy people all over the political spectrum."

Unless you think that Shiva and Jesus are "God" (which I certainly don't), I really don't know where you are trying to go with this. :)

OP- So she's still an idiot? Shocking...

If you count ALL taxes, the top 4 fifths of the population all pay 21%, and the poorest fifth 17%. If you include fees, the richest pay the least. Pubs block any tax reform. Voodoo FEDERAL tax rates just led to higher state local taxes and fees, which kill the nonrich. Pub dupes!

You! The walking brain-dead! So they do exist!

Now, focus like a laser, you bloated bladder of bilious swill.....

...did you find even one teensy weensy error in the OP?

Did you?

A more significant query: how do you find your way back to that refrigerator box you call home?

Bread crumbs?

Confetti made from the numerous orders of protection filed against you?

Sequins from that pink tutu you wear?

careful, they're FRAGILE

And one more difference between us.

You may consider me a star-spangled hammer.

And you know what a hammer does.

Hey, nice ego!!! Can it leap tall buildings in a single bow?

-- Daily Kos

LOL, did you truncate my entire sentence by accident? Here it is:
"
I don't recall any Liberals "comparing him to God", but hey there's crazy people all over the political spectrum."

Unless you think that Shiva and Jesus are "God" (which I certainly don't), I really don't know where you are trying to go with this. :)

You can run, but you can't hide.

The gap between "I don't recall any Liberals "comparing him to God",...and "but hey there's crazy people all over the political spectrum."
...is big enough to drive a Mack Truck through.

There is no "spectrum".....only Liberals/ Obama supporters.

Every single one of 'em.

And, also apropos:

"The mob characteristic most gustily exhibited by liberals is the tendency to worship and idolize their political leaders.

Le Bon explained that mobs can only grasp the “very simple and very exaggerated.” Their chosen images must be absolute and uncompromising… As Le Bon says, the “primitive” black-and-white emotions of a crowd slip easily into “infatuation for an individual.”

Liberals worship so many political deities that they must refer to them by initials, just to save time- FDR, JFK, RFK, MLK, LBJ, and O.J. Ever hear a conservative get weepy about “RWR” or refer to something as hokey as “Camelot”?

Passionate adoration are the primitive emotions of a mob, sentiments generally associated with women, children, and savages, according to Le Bon."
Coulter, "Demonic"

Forum List

Back