The World Cup discussion thread

Will the English fans riot if they win or riot if they lose

Depends on how cheap the beer is. The sob's can't even increase their military spending.

Seems the beer is cheap in England:

Watch: England fans trash an Ikea following win over Sweden

Watch: England fans trash an Ikea following win over Sweden
In previous world cups they have trashed Italian restaurants,damaged german cars and so on.
It would be wrong to class all England fans as this dumb but there is an angry, uneducated underclass who will get involved in this type of shit. They voted for brexit and "free tommy robinson.

This is how more educated Englishmen behave. Its as funny as fuck imho.

It's probably safe to say Danijel Subasic is not upset Mario Fernandes screwed the pooch during the shootout ...
And completely missed the goal wide left ... :thup:

Nice Job Croatia!

Your League is second rate
Russian League is rated higher than Portuguese, Belgian, Danish, Croatian and is in the 6th place in Europe.
You wish to call it 'second rate'? Ok, but it is not true, it's just your denial to confess the real situation
Member associations - UEFA rankings - Country coefficients – UEFA.com
None of those Leagues are anything but feeders.

England,Germany,Spain and Italy are the big players with maybe France on the periphery.Russia has the financial muscle and the population to be alongside them but isnt. Maybe the World Cup will inspire the youngsters to play the game. The more that kids play the better the game will become.

This hasnt come out very well. Its a list of Euro Competition winners by country. Now it includes a couple of minor competitiions but they dont affect the overall picture.

Russia doesnt make the top 10. They should be a lot higher than that. Why arent they ?

List of UEFA club competition winners by country[a]
Nationality UCL UEL CWC UIC USC IC Total
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
18 11 7 5 14 4 59
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
Italy
12 9 7 4 9 7 48
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
England
12 8 8 4 7 1 40
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Germany*
7 6 5 8 1 3 30
23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands
6 4 1 0 2 3 16
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France
1 0 1 12 0 0 14
23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png
Portugal
4 2 1 1 1 2 11
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png
Belgium
0 1 3 0 3 0 7
23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png
Scotland
1 0 2 0 1 0 4
23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png
Ukraine
0 1 2 0 1 0 4
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia
0 2 0 0 1 0 3
23px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png
Romania
1 0 0 0 1 0 2
23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png
Serbia
1 0 0 0 0 1 2
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Sweden
0 2 0 0 0 0 2
23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png
Turkey
0 1 0 0 1 0 2
23px-Flag_of_Georgia.svg.png
Georgia
0 0 1 0 0 0 1
23px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png
Slovakia
0 0 1 0 0 0 1
20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png
Denmark
0 0 0 1 0 0 1

Tommy Tainant
Once again I can repeat - it is a miracle that Russia has sport in common. Because after western blood suckers got into our country everything starting with industry and economy got ruined.
And if you state your question in such a way let's check not just football but all kinds of sport. What about average sport success of Russia? And let's compare to others.
Don't you think Russia is among top countries in that list?

This hasnt come out very well. Its a list of Euro Competition winners by country. Now it includes a couple of minor competitiions but they dont affect the overall picture.

Russia doesnt make the top 10. They should be a lot higher than that. Why arent they ?

List of UEFA club competition winners by country[a]
Nationality UCL UEL CWC UIC USC IC Total
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
18 11 7 5 14 4 59
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
Italy
12 9 7 4 9 7 48
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
England
12 8 8 4 7 1 40
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Germany*
7 6 5 8 1 3 30
23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands
6 4 1 0 2 3 16
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France
1 0 1 12 0 0 14
23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png
Portugal
4 2 1 1 1 2 11
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png
Belgium
0 1 3 0 3 0 7
23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png
Scotland
1 0 2 0 1 0 4
23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png
Ukraine
0 1 2 0 1 0 4
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia
0 2 0 0 1 0 3
23px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png
Romania
1 0 0 0 1 0 2
23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png
Serbia
1 0 0 0 0 1 2
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Sweden
0 2 0 0 0 0 2
23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png
Turkey
0 1 0 0 1 0 2
23px-Flag_of_Georgia.svg.png
Georgia
0 0 1 0 0 0 1
23px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png
Slovakia
0 0 1 0 0 0 1
20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png
Denmark
0 0 0 1 0 0 1
You look for table which would illustrate your position better though I used official UEFA rating table as it reflects results of international games of last 5-6 years... games not wins.

Tommy Tainant
Once again I can repeat - it is a miracle that Russia has sport in common. Because after western blood suckers got into our country everything starting with industry and economy got ruined.
And if you state your question in such a way let's check not just football but all kinds of sport. What about average sport success of Russia? And let's compare to others.
I am not interested in other sports apart from Rugby and Cricket. Why dont you discuss the underperformance honestly rather than blather on about nothing.
Russia has the biggest population in Europe yet has won less than Scotland.That cant be right.

Neymar is why the sport will never be big in the USA. It's just not masculine for a guy to lay on the ground pretend crying, we can't condone it.

In the 70's my family, die hard NY Rangers fans were watching a playoff game where Philly bad guy Ron Flockhart took an accidental stick across the face and bled all over the ice and went off to get medical attention. The fucking guy came back stitched up at the start of the next period and my family gave him a standing ovation for being a real man.

There are countless other American sports stories like this. So to watch supposedly the best offensive player crying like a school girl - no, just fucking no. MAN UP!

Tommy Tainant
I am not interested in other sports apart from Rugby and Cricket. Why dont you discuss the underperformance honestly rather than blather on about nothing.
Russia has the biggest population in Europe yet has won less than Scotland.That cant be right.
Where is Scotland in hockey, skiing, swimming, tennis, volleyball, basketball, wrestling, box, gymnastics, athletics... should I go on? Shall we compare to UK in common? Or to the USA?
Don't you think your judgment is too one-sided?

I stop discussing it now. Useless arguing to someone who cannot listen just talk.

Neymar is why the sport will never be big in the USA. It's just not masculine for a guy to lay on the ground pretend crying, we can't condone it.

In the 70's my family, die hard NY Rangers fans were watching a playoff game where Philly bad guy Ron Flockhart took an accidental stick across the face and bled all over the ice and went off to get medical attention. The fucking guy came back stitched up at the start of the next period and my family gave him a standing ovation for being a real man.

There are countless other American sports stories like this. So to watch supposedly the best offensive player crying like a school girl - no, just fucking no. MAN UP!
We got such stories in our sport history as well.
Fully agree! Sport is for the strongest!

Tommy Tainant
Where is Scotland in hockey, skiing, swimming, tennis, volleyball, basketball, wrestling, box, gymnastics, athletics... should I go on? Shall we compare to UK in common? Or to the USA?
Don't you think your judgment is too one-sided?

I stop discussing it now. Useless arguing to someone who cannot listen just talk.
Its a football thread and we are discussing the woeful underperformance of Russia over the years. Start another thread if you want to celebrate Russian supremacy.

I have picked Croatia since the early groups to win it. I think they still have a chance. For Croatia to win Modric needs to create space and let his feet go which has been impossible of late as teams are keying in on him. Mandzukic has also been a catalyst for the squad and is in great form. For England, Sterling and Sturridge need to find a way to finish. I find Southgate's choice of Sturridge...interesting? Sturridge is a complete dumpster fire at the club level. He has injury issues, struggled to get first team time, and failed to score while loaned to West Brom. Raheem 'Machine Gun' Sterling has good ability but has failed to net one in the tournament. England cannot continue to bank on set pieces. Especially against teams like Belgium (my pick for final) with Courtois in net.

Last edited:
Hope Hrvats win England but they didn't impress me much in q-finals so I'd bet England is in final.
But in final neither England nor Hrvatska has chance against Belgium.
France looks nice but too unstable and I don't think they can stand under serious pressure.
Well soon will see

Hope Hrvats win England but they didn't impress me much in q-finals so I'd bet England is in final.
France looks nice but too unstable and I don't think they can stand under serious pressure.
Well soon will see
I'm Belgian and I suspect the France game is gonna be difficult for us. Carrasco will play on the left and Mbape will get some room in his back. That's going to be problematic.

Well soon will see
I'm Belgian and I suspect the France game is gonna be difficult for us. Carrasco will play on the left and Mbape will get some room in his back. That's going to be problematic.
Good luck!
Your team deserves Cup most of all. It is the most bright and skilled.
Don't worry, you'll get the Cup.
Just relax and enjoy watching two last epic matches.

Well soon will see
Good luck!
Your team deserves Cup most of all. It is the most bright and skilled.
Don't worry, you'll get the Cup.
Just relax and enjoy watching two last epic matches.
I will. This would be huge for a country population 11 million.

I have picked Croatia since the early groups to win it. I think they still have a chance. For Croatia to win Modric needs to create space and let his feet go which has been impossible of late as teams are keying in on him. Mandzukic has also been a catalyst for the squad and is in great form. For England, Sterling and Sturridge need to find a way to finish. I find Southgate's choice of Sturridge...interesting? Sturridge is a complete dumpster fire at the club level. He has injury issues, struggled to get first team time, and failed to score while loaned to West Brom. Raheem 'Machine Gun' Sterling has good ability but has failed to net one in the tournament. England cannot continue to bank on set pieces. Especially against teams like Belgium (my pick for final) with Courtois in net.

Sturridge isn’t in the side.

He scored two for Liverpool in a preseason match against Chester as the England match was going on.

Forum List

Back