The worship of Satan: Has it led to genocide?

QUOTE=daws101;4687930]
???

Can you explain your comment about assuming?

???

Sorry, but I would like to know more about the
context that your perspective comes from

Can you please reply in more detail?
What exactly you object to or agree with?
it's self explanatory

:scared1::dig::lame2:[
StangelyMeaningless.png
[/QUOTE]

You ran from the question. You dug a hole in your stubborness of: it is how I say it is. Yes, your post was lame.

I don't think it's fair to blame anything but Man himself for Wars and Genocide.

They could have done-so in the name of Religion while not ever deep down really believing in said Religion, but using it as a guise to achieve more Power.

I think the only people with 100% Faith in any Religion are the ones TRULY not afraid to die. Suicide bombers, for instance.

I don't think it is fair to even blame the ones who did the actual killng in any genocide before the current age. They were illiterate and could only believe what those who had the ability to read told them what to believe and what to do.

Even now, there are places where people are not allowed to know anything except what the government tells them. In China, I found TV to be in one respect refreshing because there was nothing trashy on it. It was very high brow with a lot of classical music. National news was allowed in hotel rooms only for forign guests. But then I realized it was that way, not because the were on a higher intellectual plateau, but because of government censorship.

How can you blame ignorant, superstitious people who are manipulated by an authority figure?

As an atheist, I find it interesting that most religions need a whipping boy of sorts to promote their ideas. The major three (christianity, islam and judaism) have the concept of "Satan" to attach the faults of mankind too. However, there are religions that actually worship that deity as well. Just wondering, if there have ever been any major Genocides attributed to this practice?

Hmm I didn't know you were an Athiest.

Me either. I was under the impression that he had already sold his soul to satan.

As an atheist, I find it interesting that most religions need a whipping boy of sorts to promote their ideas. The major three (christianity, islam and judaism) have the concept of "Satan" to attach the faults of mankind too. However, there are religions that actually worship that deity as well. Just wondering, if there have ever been any major Genocides attributed to this practice?

Don't think you fully understand who Satan is. Not that I fully understand either, we are all learning.. but perhaps a further read up about Satan (who comes masked as an angel of light) may help?

Who is Satan?

Satan was created as a holy angel. Isaiah 14:12 possibly gives Satan’s pre-fall name as Lucifer. Ezekiel 28:12-14 describes Satan as having been created a cherubim, apparently the highest created angel. He became arrogant in his beauty and status and decided he wanted to sit on a throne above that of God (Isaiah 14:13-14; Ezekiel 28:15; 1 Timothy 3:6). Satan’s pride led to his fall. Notice the many “I will” statements in Isaiah 14:12-15. Because of his sin, God barred Satan from heaven.

Satan became the ruler of this world and the prince of the power of the air (John 12:31; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 2:2). He is an accuser (Revelation 12:10), a tempter (Matthew 4:3; 1 Thessalonians 3:5), and a deceiver (Genesis 3; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 20:3). His very name means “adversary” or “one who opposes.” Another of his titles, the devil, means “slanderer.”

Even though he was cast out of heaven, he still seeks to elevate his throne above God. He counterfeits all that God does, hoping to gain the worship of the world and encourage opposition to God's kingdom. Satan is the ultimate source behind every false cult and world religion. Satan will do anything and everything in his power to oppose God and those who follow God. However, Satan’s destiny is sealed—an eternity in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10).

As a proclaimed Atheist, can you claim 100% that you know that there is no God and there is no Satan?

Ever thought that Satan has minions who proclaim to be followers of Christ, but are ill-willed? Wouldn't that be a good "trickster" way to deceive people?

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 NIRV - People like that are false apostles. - Bible Gateway

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 People like that are false apostles. They work hard to trick others. They only pretend to be apostles of Christ.

14 That comes as no surprise. Even Satan himself pretends to be an angel of light. 15 So it doesn't surprise us that those who serve Satan pretend to be serving God. They will finally get exactly what they should.

To your first question..I am well versed in the myth.

To your second question..yeah. I am sure.

:lol::lol::lol:
they do not worship Satan at the bohemian grove.
it's, if a religion at all it's paganism as evidenced by the giant owl sculpture ....

WORSHIPPING GRAVEN IMAGES AND CALLING OUT TO THE HORNED GOD ..IS SATANIC

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5dHhvpHIjM]The Cremation of Care - Enhanced Footage - YouTube[/ame]
rush limbaugh!? are you on drugs!? I know he is !

can you say gullible? .....I knew you could.

Oh for Pete's sake.

SATANISM?

Again?

Really?

This is just another rw version of THE SKY IS FALLING.

There have been many serial killers that claimed they heard voices from unseen forces.

Hitler what he and many leaders have done is just pure evil. Where does this unthinkable evil come from ?

Most people whether they are a believer in a higher power or not have a conscience, something a real scientist has no explanation for. If an unseen mechanism guides good intetions what drives evil intentions ?

Well, since most of human nature tends to side with the forces of good over evil, Satanism is probably very much a fringe religion with very few actual participants.... so no, they don't have the numbers or the power to do much of anything as dramatic as genocide.

Truthfully... All genocides are not of God, they are of man. Even the ones done in God's name. Man is his own worst enemy.

As I don't believe in god or satan..then genocides get attributed to causes, factions, political beliefs, ethnicities, religions or nations in my world.

Christianity, thus far, holds the record for genocides in this regard. The other big two are distantly behind that religion.

But it's interesting that "Satanic" worship gets the blame for the world's "evils".

Especially given the propensity to "purify" souls via "releasing" them. No?

Early so called Chritians did evil on their own not because of the belief in God. Let me quote Jesus.

This is a parable explained.

Mat 7:14 Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruits, nor can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that does not bring forth good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!
Mat 7:24 Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on a rock.
Mat 7:25 And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house. And it did not fall, for it was founded on a rock.
Mat 7:26 And everyone who hears these sayings of Mine and does not do them shall be compared to a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
Mat 7:27 And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the wind blew and beat on that house. And it fell, and great was its fall.
Mat 7:28 And it happened, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His doctrine.
Mat 7:29 For He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

There have been many serial killers that claimed they heard voices from unseen forces.

Hitler what he and many leaders have done is just pure evil. Where does this unthinkable evil come from ?

Most people whether they are a believer in a higher power or not have a conscience, something a real scientist has no explanation for. If an unseen mechanism guides good intetions what drives evil intentions ?
there is no evidence of an unseen evil...also real scientists have a fair idea of what the concepts of good and evil are.
no real scientist would site the supernatural as a cause.

Well, since most of human nature tends to side with the forces of good over evil, Satanism is probably very much a fringe religion with very few actual participants.... so no, they don't have the numbers or the power to do much of anything as dramatic as genocide.

Truthfully... All genocides are not of God, they are of man. Even the ones done in God's name. Man is his own worst enemy.

As I don't believe in god or satan..then genocides get attributed to causes, factions, political beliefs, ethnicities, religions or nations in my world.

Christianity, thus far, holds the record for genocides in this regard. The other big two are distantly behind that religion.

But it's interesting that "Satanic" worship gets the blame for the world's "evils".

Especially given the propensity to "purify" souls via "releasing" them. No?

Early so called Chritians did evil on their own not because of the belief in God. Let me quote Jesus.

This is a parable explained.

Mat 7:14 Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruits, nor can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that does not bring forth good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!
Mat 7:24 Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on a rock.
Mat 7:25 And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house. And it did not fall, for it was founded on a rock.
Mat 7:26 And everyone who hears these sayings of Mine and does not do them shall be compared to a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
Mat 7:27 And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the wind blew and beat on that house. And it fell, and great was its fall.
Mat 7:28 And it happened, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His doctrine.
Mat 7:29 For He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
LOL!
most of the evil done by people in the world has the belief in god attached to it.
no bible babble can change that!

Forum List

Back