The Worst States For Pregnant Rape Victims

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
A Republican state representative in New Mexico introduced a bill Wednesday that classified abortions for rape victims as "tampering with evidence," effectively requiring women to carry their pregnancies to term in order to prove their case in a sexual assault trial.

This bill will not pass, as Democrats control both chambers of New Mexico's state legislature, but there are plenty of other state laws that extend the nightmare for women who are impregnated through rape.

Of the 26 states that require a waiting period (usually 24 hours) for women seeking abortions, only Utah makes an exception for cases of rape or incest. Pregnant rape victims in some states must also undergo counseling about the negative effects of abortion before having the procedure.

If a woman who conceives through rape does go on to have the child, she can open herself up to being victimized by her rapist again and again. In 31 states, paternal rapists are allowed to sue for custody and visitation rights like any other father, as a Chicago woman who was served with custody papers from her rapist brought to the public's attention last summer after former Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) made his "legitimate rape" comments.

Worst States For Pregnant Rape Victims (INFOGRAPHIC)

I don't understand why the hell a rapist should have any rights to the child at all. Whoever came up with that law should be...well, I can't say. But they should feel ashamed of themselves.

So, there is no interest in protecting any child after birth let alone before birth.

I belive we have just met the elimination of the human race.

Point, set, match, Libtard.

Forum List

Back