🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Theories on Why Atheists are met with Hostility

You do not understand that with a government or country, as a nation, as citizens of this country, we are all in this together. You are I am sure a horrible neighbor and an even worse human being.

You want survival of the fittest/winner take all. They had that in England. It's why we left. That's what it was like over there. The rich got richer and it was impossible under that system for a poor person to become middle class or for a middle class person to become rich.

The USA from 1950 to 2000 was the greatest country in the world. What changed? GW Bush's Great Recession, which he did on purpose imo. You may say he was just stupid but that's what they want you to believe. They made out like bandits.

What made the USA great? The big fat middle class. The safety nets. The affordable college. The good public schools. The union wages that we all made whether we were in a union or not. Unions brought up everyones wages. Non union companies only paid fair wages for fear of their employees unionizing.

Since Reagan we have broken the unions and we see the middle class disappearing. And no coincidence. Also no coincidence that as unions are getting stronger in other countries, their wages are going up.

We need another middle class revolution. We need to take our government back.

You my friend need to go to Mexico and show us how you can become a success without a good government that looks out for your best interests. You want a government that is powerless to stop the corporations from lowering the minimum wage to $3 a hr. You'd love that you libertarian fuck. LOL. Eat a dick dummy. I'm sure you are not rich enough to be thinking the way you do.

They have a theory for guys like you. Called something like the Lottery Mentality. You worry that one day you'll win the lottery and they'll tax you half, rather than you worrying that one day their going to undo medicare as we know it. And guess what will happen to you if you get old and that happens? The Healthcare giants will take all your money.

I don't even know where to begin with you. Bottom line is you need to move to an Island you cock sucker. I hate greedy ignorant fucks like you who don't get how a society/government works.

Wow, what a word salad. All you needed to write was "Burn heretic witch, burn" and that would have been clearer and on point. I offended your religion and you see me as a heretic who needs to be punished. You call yourself an Atheist? Hah!

Many atheists are progressive liberal thinking democrats. Certainly the GOP tend isn't big enough for atheists just like it isn't for gays, yet. Just wait until we gain more numbers then you'll see the GOP distance themselves from christians and jews. They'll want the atheist and muslim votes some day.

It only makes sense. Just like conservatives tend to believe in invisible men who send them to heaven or hell.

Actually, your side does embrace atheists only they do it secretly. Your party is run by atheists. They only pretend to be theists to sucker your vote. Perfect example is how Paul Ryan and a lot of other republicans worship atheist Ayn Rand.

Lets face it. Your god says feed the poor and you side with your party that says fuck the poor. And your god says heal the sick but your party says not unless they have insurance. If they don't they should die.

No I blame the people who made him up. Remember that guy who told everyone to put on their NIKE shoes and drink the poison? Heavens Gate.

You blame dead guys for things that happened long after they died?

That explains why you think Bush is still president.

No I blame the people who made him up. Remember that guy who told everyone to put on their NIKE shoes and drink the poison? Heavens Gate.

I'm sure you think you are onto something but you are not. Good night. Next time you waste my time, at least give me something worth replying back to please.

I simply told you that the russians followed in the tradition of the French Revolution by dumping religious based laws. What part of that do you not approve of?

Like I said, you must have studied a different French Revolution than I did. The one I studied was organized by Protestants to destroy the Catholic Church in France. It specifically targeted one religion, and covertly supported another. It also made no effort to eliminate laws that are based on religion because the people writing the laws were actually in favor of their religion.

Want to point out where the Russians followed that example?

This is new to me. I love it if it's true!!!

Every time a theist points to a point in history and tries to say atheism is behind the killings, it usually ends up not being true.

I'm going to look more into Mao and Stalin and Pol Pot and find out how much atheism had to do with their killings. Probably not as much as theists suggest.

One great example is them trying to say the Nazi's were atheists when they were actually Catholics and very much believed in god.

Did the citizens of Stalin & Mao believe in god? The people of China now, what do they believe? Are they spiritual? And even today the citizens of China who don't believe in god, are they evil? Maybe they believe in a god but not your god, just like many here on USMB. Are they all wrong and only you are right?

Are you following me? I don't think any one society murdered in the name of not believing in god. But theists have killed for the lord. Don't forget that.

And my dad was saying how muslims are not human the way they cut that guys head off. He said they are 1000 years behind us. Uncivilized. I reminded him that in the very late 1600's we had the Salem Witch Trials. That's only 300 years ago we were burning witches alive at the stake. Those were christians too.

I'm telling you if you add up all the killing in the name of god, god is the all time leader in murder/death/kills.

How about the bombing of abortion clinics and the assassination of Dr Tiller in his church? Is that "civilized"?
yeah, there were these five people.....who are in jail now.....who did things like that.......and therefore, we need to condemn all Christianity, ya' know?......

Sure. Liberals have a religious belief of community and so they force me to help my neighbor. They take money away from me, via government, and force me to support a stranger. Liberals have a religious belief in not offending people so they strip me

You do not understand that with a government or country, as a nation, as citizens of this country, we are all in this together. You are I am sure a horrible neighbor and an even worse human being.

You want survival of the fittest/winner take all. They had that in England. It's why we left. That's what it was like over there. The rich got richer and it was impossible under that system for a poor person to become middle class or for a middle class person to become rich.

The USA from 1950 to 2000 was the greatest country in the world. What changed? GW Bush's Great Recession, which he did on purpose imo. You may say he was just stupid but that's what they want you to believe. They made out like bandits.

What made the USA great? The big fat middle class. The safety nets. The affordable college. The good public schools. The union wages that we all made whether we were in a union or not. Unions brought up everyones wages. Non union companies only paid fair wages for fear of their employees unionizing.

Since Reagan we have broken the unions and we see the middle class disappearing. And no coincidence. Also no coincidence that as unions are getting stronger in other countries, their wages are going up.

We need another middle class revolution. We need to take our government back.

You my friend need to go to Mexico and show us how you can become a success without a good government that looks out for your best interests. You want a government that is powerless to stop the corporations from lowering the minimum wage to $3 a hr. You'd love that you libertarian fuck. LOL. Eat a dick dummy. I'm sure you are not rich enough to be thinking the way you do.

They have a theory for guys like you. Called something like the Lottery Mentality. You worry that one day you'll win the lottery and they'll tax you half, rather than you worrying that one day their going to undo medicare as we know it. And guess what will happen to you if you get old and that happens? The Healthcare giants will take all your money.

I don't even know where to begin with you. Bottom line is you need to move to an Island you cock sucker. I hate greedy ignorant fucks like you who don't get how a society/government works.

The mere fact that you are violating the rules by introducing politics into the Religion & Ethics forum exposes the weakness of your farcical flame post.

In my 43 years I have had born agains come talk to us in the summer one year when we were kids. Our parents said it was ok to let them try and brainwash us for a week. After the week was over I said I was a Christian but to be honest I didn't buy everything they said. Then a born again converted my buddy who then tried to "save" me. I have had born again be real annoying to all of us at work, not just me. I have had experiences with theists recently. They sent a cute girl in to sell me a dvd about the end of the world.

In other words, you pretended to go along with other people because you were too weak to stand up for yourself. Sounds to me like the actions of a sniveling coward.

I can tell you a million stories of where a theist tried to "press their literature on me at my door".

Can you really? Did they force your door open and demand you take it? Did they threaten physical violence if you refused?

Didn't think so. All they did was offer you something, and you, being a coward, took it as a threat.

Tough fucking shit.

I have never had an atheist come tell me there was no god. Have you? It isn't polite. That's why I love the internet. This will speed up the process to humans waking up to the fact that there is no god. Lets build a space ship and live forever traveling the universe. This planet has an expiration date.

You are the one running around telling people there is no God, which explains why you haven't had that experience, you actually view the people who do that as sane and rational in order to reinforce your belief system that you are smarter than everyone else.

I'm glad you replied. I forgot where this conversation left off. Funny story I'll tell you in a minute.

What do you mean I'm a sniviling coward? I/We questioned a lot of the things these young adults were telling us when we were like 10. But they were nice and I guess if that's what you want to call all children who question the stories but I would think a real god would reward such intelligence but anyways, I guess maybe you are right that I never really believed all the stories but yes for years I called myself a christian. I should have spoken up. But yet I don't.

You see I still go to church 3 times a year and no I don't tell them how I feel. But I hope they run into me on USMB so I can tell them how dumb I think they are. Maybe wake them up. It is refreshing to be in on the secret that the rest of you are fools. And to understand the mind fuck religion is. Best thing I ever watched was George Carlin when he told how Religion is the greatest bs story in the world. Go watch it and tell me what's not right about that. LOL

Anyways, so I go out and my car has a religious flyer of this woman who's putting on a clinic. Says she knows about the end of the world and how to get eternal life. What happens after death. Should I go? And how much should I push it with my questions? I bet I'd get thrown out. So you can't really debate a theist. They feel like we are rejecting their god. We are not. We don't believe there is a god to reject. You're all insane.

I simply told you that the russians followed in the tradition of the French Revolution by dumping religious based laws. What part of that do you not approve of?

Like I said, you must have studied a different French Revolution than I did. The one I studied was organized by Protestants to destroy the Catholic Church in France. It specifically targeted one religion, and covertly supported another. It also made no effort to eliminate laws that are based on religion because the people writing the laws were actually in favor of their religion.

Want to point out where the Russians followed that example?

This is new to me. I love it if it's true!!!

Every time a theist points to a point in history and tries to say atheism is behind the killings, it usually ends up not being true.

I'm going to look more into Mao and Stalin and Pol Pot and find out how much atheism had to do with their killings. Probably not as much as theists suggest.

One great example is them trying to say the Nazi's were atheists when they were actually Catholics and very much believed in god.

Did the citizens of Stalin & Mao believe in god? The people of China now, what do they believe? Are they spiritual? And even today the citizens of China who don't believe in god, are they evil? Maybe they believe in a god but not your god, just like many here on USMB. Are they all wrong and only you are right?

Are you following me? I don't think any one society murdered in the name of not believing in god. But theists have killed for the lord. Don't forget that.

And my dad was saying how muslims are not human the way they cut that guys head off. He said they are 1000 years behind us. Uncivilized. I reminded him that in the very late 1600's we had the Salem Witch Trials. That's only 300 years ago we were burning witches alive at the stake. Those were christians too.

I'm telling you if you add up all the killing in the name of god, god is the all time leader in murder/death/kills.

How about the bombing of abortion clinics and the assassination of Dr Tiller in his church? Is that "civilized"?
yeah, there were these five people.....who are in jail now.....who did things like that.......and therefore, we need to condemn all Christianity, ya' know?......

If it is a cult that wants to ban abortion then yes we need to condemn it. The other day I saw a Public TV show on the 4 only other doctors in the country who do late term abortions and I can not believe anyone who is educated about late term abortion would object. They interviewed a couple and their kid was going to be born with that desease where you can't bend any joints. No quality of life. And this couple was religious and they decided they didn't want that. Not for them or for the baby.

Anyways, people need to mind their own fucking business'. If they were in he situation trust me things would be different for many of them/you and they/you don't even know it.

Many atheists are progressive liberal thinking democrats.

Moving from one religion to another religion doesn't seem like such a big change in thinking to me.

If you are going to reply such a thing, at least provide a link or explain what you mean so I have something to say back.

First thing I think is atheism isn't a religion. Is your hair color bald?

I thought about jewism for a second. I thought, "it's the original maybe it is right what it says that Jesus is not the Messiah". So thanks Jews for opening my eyes.

But I looked into every religion and the best one is Christianity. But even the best lie is still a lie.

I'm glad you replied. I forgot where this conversation left off. Funny story I'll tell you in a minute.

No surprise, I am sure you forget a lot of things that require actually paying attention to anything other than your ego.

What do you mean I'm a sniviling coward? I/We questioned a lot of the things these young adults were telling us when we were like 10. But they were nice and I guess if that's what you want to call all children who question the stories but I would think a real god would reward such intelligence but anyways, I guess maybe you are right that I never really believed all the stories but yes for years I called myself a christian. I should have spoken up. But yet I don't.

I had people telling me the same thing when I was 8, I never once felt the need to conform to their beliefs so they would leave me alone. Then again, I wasn't a sniveling coward, despite the fact that they were all bigger than I am.

You see I still go to church 3 times a year and no I don't tell them how I feel. But I hope they run into me on USMB so I can tell them how dumb I think they are. Maybe wake them up. It is refreshing to be in on the secret that the rest of you are fools. And to understand the mind fuck religion is. Best thing I ever watched was George Carlin when he told how Religion is the greatest bs story in the world. Go watch it and tell me what's not right about that. LOL

Why go to church at all? Nevermind, once a sniveling coward, always a sniveling coward.

Anyways, so I go out and my car has a religious flyer of this woman who's putting on a clinic. Says she knows about the end of the world and how to get eternal life. What happens after death. Should I go? And how much should I push it with my questions? I bet I'd get thrown out. So you can't really debate a theist. They feel like we are rejecting their god. We are not. We don't believe there is a god to reject. You're all insane.

You can't debate anyone because you don't don't pay attention to what they say, you prefer to pretend they are saying things you can sneer at.

If you are going to reply such a thing, at least provide a link or explain what you mean so I have something to say back.

First thing I think is atheism isn't a religion. Is your hair color bald?

I thought about jewism for a second. I thought, "it's the original maybe it is right what it says that Jesus is not the Messiah". So thanks Jews for opening my eyes.

But I looked into every religion and the best one is Christianity. But even the best lie is still a lie.

Just an FYI, SCOTUS says that, legally, atheism is a religion because, unlike you, they actually know what the word means.

ACA Online Articles

No surprise, I am sure you forget a lot of things that require actually paying attention to anything other than your ego.

I had people telling me the same thing when I was 8, I never once felt the need to conform to their beliefs so they would leave me alone. Then again, I wasn't a sniveling coward, despite the fact that they were all bigger than I am.

Why go to church at all? Nevermind, once a sniveling coward, always a sniveling coward.

You can't debate anyone because you don't don't pay attention to what they say, you prefer to pretend they are saying things you can sneer at.

I don't need to debate. I can Youtube atheists kicking theists ass in debates all day long. If after all this you still believe, that only proves you are too brainwashed to wake up. That's cool.

So are you an atheist or theist? I can't tell based on the argument you're giving me. You never once felt the need to go along to get along? Does that mean you always tell everyone you are an atheist? I bet you don't tell your boss if you value your job. I don't know what your situation is but I think I got fired from a job once for telling the owner I was a Democrat. Can't prove it, but learned my lesson. Keep that shit to yourself. As far as being a coward, if you met me, trust me you wouldn't talk to me like that unless you were sure I would be afraid of

a. Being sued
b. Hurting you
c. Going to jail

So calling me a sniviling coward isn't going to rile me. I've been in a gang of Republicans at a party and spoke up when they were bashing Obama. That took balls. Couple of them looked like they wanted to kill me and that I disgusted them. Pussies. 5 of them and just me. That's what Rush Limpball Republicans count on that we aren't as passionate or vocal as they want to be. Same with theists. If we went around telling their kids there is no god they'd be up in arms but they pass their shit out all the time. I got a flyer just last night. This woman is going to answer all your questions like what happens when you die. I'll tell you what happens, same thing you were before you were conceived. How was eternity before you were conceived? Was it nice? Do you remember it? Was it heaven or hell? Well that's what it's going to be like when you die. Get over yourselves.

Passionate, vocal and educated. Republicans explode when they meet me because I am all three and they are all full of shit. Rush Limbaugh Fox Republicans. Does anyone deny this? You would have to be an extreme right winger to deny these radio/tv hosts are liars, no? They defend trickle down when we should be a middle class first society. Middle class first and everyone does well. The rich will still get richer, the middle class will be huge and prosperous and able to save and can afford healthcare and college and can get rich if they work hard and try and the poor can get out of poverty because jobs are plentiful for those who want them. The GOP likes a flooded job market because it lowers wages.

The rich have rigged the game so it works best for them but not well for the rest of us. Who's country is this? Is it ours, We the People or do the top 1% own us? Right now they do own us. That's the problem, not our government. The problem is they are our government. Citizens United for example.

Yes, I look back at history and I try not to make the same mistakes they made.

Did you know the Catholics and Protestants fought a 13 year war in the 1600's? People don't realize that it wasn't that long ago that us Christians were just about as crazy as the Muslims are now.

Protestant Reformation - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

50 years later came the Salem Witch Trials.

That is the problem of those who are gullible enough to believe in childish concepts like demons, Satan and sin.
OH!!! You will believe but why wait until you feel the fl;ames??? Wise up now!

Kindly refrain from imposing your own superstitious cult beliefs on others. Thank you and have a nice day.

And yet you liberals never take the same advice with respect to your religious dictates and how you impose them on people. I'm more offended by having to submit to liberal religious dogma than I, an Atheist, am by having Easter holidays or taking an oath to God in a courtroom. Your religious dictates actually HARM ME.

The mere fact that you are violating the rules by introducing politics into the Religion & Ethics forum exposes the weakness of your farcical flame post.

What politics? I'm talking about the Religion of Liberalism. You guys use the political system to jam your religious views down my throat and you're actually harming me when you impose your religious view on me.

The imaginary "Religion of Liberalism" is a bogus political attack by the extreme religious right. It falls into the same bucket of BS that contains the false allegations that atheism is a "religion". The fact that you don't even know that is what it is tells me that you have to be one of the most ignorant people ever to claim to be an atheist.

Bogus political attack = argument that makes you uncomfortable because you can't refute it.

Newsflash: I just refuted it by calling it out as bogus.

Onus is on you to PROVE your bogus allegation that the farcical "Religion of Liberalism" exists and meets the requirements of a religion.

Provide credible links to the Theology, Dogma, Prayers, Dogma, Seminaries, Ordained Ministers, Houses of Worship, Sermons, Rituals, Sacred Relics, etc, etc.

Needless to say you won't provide any of the above since it doesn't exist except in the fevered imaginations of the extreme rightwing political ideologues (like yourself )whose partisan agenda is to attempt to demonize legitimate liberal political goals.

That is the problem of those who are gullible enough to believe in childish concepts like demons, Satan and sin.
OH!!! You will believe but why wait until you feel the fl;ames??? Wise up now!

Kindly refrain from imposing your own superstitious cult beliefs on others. Thank you and have a nice day.

And yet you liberals never take the same advice with respect to your religious dictates and how you impose them on people. I'm more offended by having to submit to liberal religious dogma than I, an Atheist, am by having Easter holidays or taking an oath to God in a courtroom. Your religious dictates actually HARM ME.

Couple examples?

Sure. Liberals have a religious belief of community and so they force me to help my neighbor. They take money away from me, via government, and force me to support a stranger. Liberals have a religious belief in not offending people so they strip me of my human right to free association and force me to bake cakes for homosexuals who want to get married.

As an Atheist I'd rather go to court and Pledge an oath to God than submit to liberal religious dogma for liberal religious dogma is more harmful to me than anything Christians are doing.

Look, you're probably clueing in to my point. Religion is an ideology, no different in basis than other ideologies except that it has one special component, the incorporation of a god. Liberal religious belief substitutes god with liberal values. The harm from both is identical when forced onto people who object. You being forced to attend church every Sunday is a measurable harm. Me having my human rights stripped from me is a measurable harm.

:lmao:

You should ask the mods to change your name to Gullibles_Travels because you are utterly clueless. You actually believe that BS? Your complete and utter lack of even a smidgeon of critical thinking skills is astounding.

:lmao:

Don't suffer under the delusion that people haven't noticed that you've avoided refuting my point and have instead resorted to the distractions of asserting a conclusion and name calling.

More and more people are cluing into the fact that liberals are emotional, not rational, creatures. You're a good exhibit of this truism.

Nothing to refute until you provide credible proof of your bogus allegations about this utterly fictitious "Religion of Liberalism". Pointing out that you are gullible is not name calling since it is factually correct. Ironic that you immediately followed your allegation of 'name calling' by doing the exact same thing yourself.

You happen to be a great example of an extreme rightwing theist trying to impersonate an atheist and failing.

Forum List

Back