🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There are only 4 states where marijuana is illegal

I didn't realize how few states have not de-criminalized pot... !

very surprised that there seems to be no compromise.. I mean states either made it totally illegal, no exception for medical use, or legalized it..
You need to learn how to read the map. North Carolina is not one of those 4 shown, but it is still illegal.

When I was in my 20's I had dreams about the legalization of hemp, now...I really don't want it legal.

Might wanna go back and learn about the plants. Hemp can be grown in many places, and while it looks just like marijuana, it has little to no THC in it. And yeah, when I was active duty in the Navy, one of the LAST things I ever thought I'd see was being able to go into a 420 shop (happened in CO), and use my military ID (retired ID card) to get a military discount to buy marijuana! Happy days indeed! Some days, I wish I was still close to a legal state.

I think it should be harder..

I don't think there are very many medical conditions that are helped by pot... could b wrong..

Well, might wanna get on the internet and do some reading. There are quite a few conditions that can be helped with the consumption of THC. Chemo patients, those with PTSD, people who suffer from epilepsy, and those with chronic muscle pain just to name a few. I know that when CO legalized it, I would go there a few times a year, and would meet lots of veterans (they would come up and say "hi" when they saw my Retired Navy ballcap). Each and every one of them said that when they were discharged, they were put under VA care for various conditions (many had PTSD), and the VA had them on a regimen of 10 to 15 pills PER DAY. When CO legalized it, they decided to try marijuana to see if it helped, and many of them were able to get off pharmaceuticals all together, and only a few of them had to remain on pills from the VA, but they were able to cut way down to just 2 or 3 pharmaceuticals per day. And, they all said that they got healthier, as they no longer had to suffer the side effects of pharmaceuticals, and the marijuana didn't give them any side effects other than the munchies on occasion.

Might wanna go back and learn about the plants. Hemp can be grown in many places, and while it looks just like marijuana, it has little to no THC in it. And yeah, when I was active duty in the Navy, one of the LAST things I ever thought I'd see was being able to go into a 420 shop (happened in CO), and use my military ID (retired ID card) to get a military discount to buy marijuana! Happy days indeed! Some days, I wish I was still close to a legal state.

Well, might wanna get on the internet and do some reading. There are quite a few conditions that can be helped with the consumption of THC. Chemo patients, those with PTSD, people who suffer from epilepsy, and those with chronic muscle pain just to name a few. I know that when CO legalized it, I would go there a few times a year, and would meet lots of veterans (they would come up and say "hi" when they saw my Retired Navy ballcap). Each and every one of them said that when they were discharged, they were put under VA care for various conditions (many had PTSD), and the VA had them on a regimen of 10 to 15 pills PER DAY. When CO legalized it, they decided to try marijuana to see if it helped, and many of them were able to get off pharmaceuticals all together, and only a few of them had to remain on pills from the VA, but they were able to cut way down to just 2 or 3 pharmaceuticals per day. And, they all said that they got healthier, as they no longer had to suffer the side effects of pharmaceuticals, and the marijuana didn't give them any side effects other than the munchies on occasion.
You call it what you want, and I'll call it what I want. 50 years ago, calling it hemp was common

The medical angle is a ruse. Pot advocates are among the most hypocritical and ignorant. That’s what addiction can do.

Might wanna look into some of the research that has been done over the past 3 decades. At first, doctors were reluctant to acknowledge there was any benefit, but when they started to see results, especially in epileptics, they started to check it out further. Now? There are many ailments that have been PROVEN to be helped by the consumption of cannabis.

marijuana makes u paranoid and people have been known to do things they wouldn't ordinarily do under its influence

It is also known to cause chromosomal damage

I do not recommend people get addicted to it. Also: I have noticed that people became bad drivers after marijuana was legalized.

I didn't realize how few states have not de-criminalized pot... !

very surprised that there seems to be no compromise.. I mean states either made it totally illegal, no exception for medical use, or legalized it..
Montana is only legal in certain counties that voted yes, I think.

marijuana makes u paranoid and people have been known to do things they wouldn't ordinarily do under its influence

Anything can have a different reaction to people in different ways. If I take Benadryl I break out in hives. That doesn't mean it isn't very useful for others.

You call it what you want, and I'll call it what I want. 50 years ago, calling it hemp was common

Go ahead and call it what you will, but there is a definite difference between marijuana (contains THC) and hemp (zero to very little THC). But, both can be used in the making of stuff like rope (hemp rope used to be the most commonly used rope for cowboys, as well as was used extensively for canvas production), and can also be used to make a stronger fiberglass than using glass fibers. Personally? Because of the medical benefits, as well as the commercial uses for the leftover plant material, I think it should be legal in all 50 states.

Go ahead and call it what you will, but there is a definite difference between marijuana (contains THC) and hemp (zero to very little THC). But, both can be used in the making of stuff like rope (hemp rope used to be the most commonly used rope for cowboys, as well as was used extensively for canvas production), and can also be used to make a stronger fiberglass than using glass fibers. Personally? Because of the medical benefits, as well as the commercial uses for the leftover plant material, I think it should be legal in all 50 states.
I'm not arguing that, I'm saying that it was a common term used for pot in Ca. back in the 60's and 70's. That's all.

I'd like to see a state do a "clean" legalization act for grass.

No special taxes (outside of sales tax), no weed regulation board. Just pick up a baggy next to the cookies at Walmart

Forum List

Back