🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There are only 4 states where marijuana is illegal

Locally I know police officers that have found pot and dumped it on the ground and allowed the people to go on their way and I know cops that have arrested people over one joint.

Some people could risk losing their jobs over an arrest like this.

It is not the part I am worried about Texas Trooper’s busting me but losing my job and other things if busted.

So I have to stay clean even though I wish I could get stoned out of my damn mind!

To tell you the truth, it's not really the cops you have to worry about, as many businesses have decided that since people are able to access it fairly easy, they have decided to do urine and hair tests to make sure the employees don't partake. I passed up on a sales job after I retired from the Navy (good pay and benefits too), because they said they were going to drug test me on a regular basis as a condition of employment. I told them that I had to submit to that kind of crap for 20 years in the military, and now that I was a citizen again, I would never submit to another test.

To tell you the truth, it's not really the cops you have to worry about, as many businesses have decided that since people are able to access it fairly easy, they have decided to do urine and hair tests to make sure the employees don't partake. I passed up on a sales job after I retired from the Navy (good pay and benefits too), because they said they were going to drug test me on a regular basis as a condition of employment. I told them that I had to submit to that kind of crap for 20 years in the military, and now that I was a citizen again, I would never submit to another test.
Yeah, but I work in two different fields where one doesn’t matter if I get stoned out of my mine as long as I am sober by the time I drive while the other would cost me a lot if I test positive, so for now no happy moments in life!

I retired from a job where I would get randomly tested also. I retired and after a bit took a job driving for a local car dealer. I drive when and if I want. One requirement for being insured is a yearly test. I figured meh, if I wanted to smoke that would likely mean I would have to refrain what? a couple months a year? (since I don't I haven't figured out exactly how long it would be).

I also know from others, the fake piss does work.

Ummm, you ain’t trying to tell us you believe smoking cigarettes is better for you than pot are you?
You ain't trying to tell us that smoking the nefarious weed is better for you than cigarettes are you? You can't get busted for driving while smoking a cigarette (yet). A hundred years ago the tobacco industry was telling us that smoking cigarettes was good for you. Dumb assed pot heads today buy into the same crap.

You ain't trying to tell us that smoking the nefarious weed is better for you than cigarettes are you? You can't get busted for driving while smoking a cigarette (yet). A hundred years ago the tobacco industry was telling us that smoking cigarettes was good for you. Dumb assed pot heads today buy into the same crap.

Twinkies aren't good for you.

I retired from a job where I would get randomly tested also. I retired and after a bit took a job driving for a local car dealer. I drive when and if I want. One requirement for being insured is a yearly test. I figured meh, if I wanted to smoke that would likely mean I would have to refrain what? a couple months a year? (since I don't I haven't figured out exactly how long it would be).

I also know from others, the fake piss does work.

Actually, I know the answers for that, as I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor for the Navy during my career, as well as have done lots of research on the subject on my own after I retired.

THC is a fat friendly compound, meaning that the fat cells are the ones that absorb most of it. Depending on your body weight, as well as what your metabolic rate is, will depend on how long it will stay in your system. If you are athletic with a decent to high metabolism, it will stay in your system for up to 10 days. If you are a "normal" person who doesn't exercise regularly, but are still in pretty decent shape with only a moderate amount of body fat, 15 to 25 days is what you can expect. If you have a slow metabolism, and are considered to be fat or obese, you can expect it to remain in your system for 25 to 35 days. Not at intoxicating levels mind you, just enough to register on most urine tests that are given. If it's a hair test, it will remain until you cut your hair below the level it has grown since you last indulged.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

I didn't realize how few states have not de-criminalized pot... !

very surprised that there seems to be no compromise.. I mean states either made it totally illegal, no exception for medical use, or legalized it..
AND????? Is there an actual point you're making here??? Stop spamming the board.

Actually, I know the answers for that, as I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor for the Navy during my career, as well as have done lots of research on the subject on my own after I got out.

THC is a fat friendly compound, meaning that the fat cells are the ones that absorb most of it. Depending on your body weight, as well as what your metabolic rate is, will depend on how long it will stay in your system. If you are athletic with a decent to high metabolism, it will stay in your system for up to 10 days. If you are a "normal" person who doesn't exercise regularly, but are still in pretty decent shape with only a moderate amount of body fat, 15 to 25 days is what you can expect. If you have a slow metabolism, and are considered to be fat or obese, you can expect it to remain in your system for 25 to 35 days. Not at intoxicating levels mind you, just enough to register on most urine tests that are given. If it's a hair test, it will remain until you cut your hair below the level it has grown since you last indulged.

Hope that helps.

Absolutely. I would feel quite secure in not smoking 45 days before my year was up. Truthfully though, it's not that important of a job to worry too much. That is, if I decided to smoke again.

Thanks

So if you smoke, shave your head regularly? LOL

Legally, cigarettes are better for you than marijuana if you are of legal age to smoke them, as you won't get in trouble or go to jail for smoking cigarettes.

Physically? Cigarettes are much worse for you than marijuana ever could be. The reason? Tobacco companies put lots of additives in cigarettes when they make them. The tobacco is pureed into a semi liquid state, things are added for preservative purposes (as well as addicting purposes) and then the whole mess is laid out onto large sheets to dry into a paper like substance which is then chopped up and rolled into cigarettes.

Marijuana? It is grown. Then, the buds are harvested and submitted to various agencies to check for things like pesticide levels and if any chemicals were used to grow it. If it is outside of the limits for pesticides and chemicals, it is rejected and not allowed for sale (you wouldn't believe the amount of testing growers have to go through). If it passes, then it is allowed to be sold. If it is processed into edibles, there are various processes used to extract the THC, (again, harmful chemicals are not allowed in the process), which is then added to the edibles.

I know from personal experience as a bicycle rider who smoked both cigarettes and marijuana that cigarettes reduce my O2 uptake by around 20 to 25 percent. Smoked marijuana? It did reduce it a small amount (only around 5 percent), but in no way hindered my ability to race bicycles. Matter of fact, smoking cannabis actually helped my muscles to recover faster, and helped with the muscle soreness of hard workouts.

Absolutely. I would feel quite secure in not smoking 45 days before my year was up. Truthfully though, it's not that important of a job to worry too much. That is, if I decided to smoke again.

Thanks

So if you smoke, shave your head regularly? LOL

Actually, halfway through my Navy career I decided that I was going to become a hippie, wear sandals, smoke cannabis, and grow a pony tail (all have been accomplished). I also told myself that if any job ever told me that I would have to submit to a drug test, depending on when they told me that, I would either tell them thanks very much, but since I had to do that for 20 years in the military, I don't need the job that badly since I can live on my retirement. If they were to tell me that after I had started working, my response would be that since I already had to do that for 20 years with the Navy, I won't do it for them, and that I quit.

So, if any employer ever told me that I needed a drug test, I would say thanks very much and head for the door. And, actually, I DID shave my head once after I retired, but that was only to show solidarity for a friend of mine who had cancer and was undergoing chemo. I have since regrown my pony tail, and don't see short hair or being bald anytime in the future, near or distant (unless Mother Nature decides to relieve me of my hair).

It needs to be RE-criminalized or at least hard time for people who smoke it publicly.
There need to be major lawsuits brought against dispensaries who put no warnings on the packaging about the dangers involved.
Sue them into prison.
they must outlaw food first...obesity is rampant, killing millions or americans

Fat people don’t force their obesity onto others and no one is promoting obesity as safe, innocent and therapeutic.

You'd be surprised. I've been to people's houses where the mother/wife/SO was an excellent cook, and everyone was fat. It was impossible to go there and not overeat, as they were continually telling me that I was too skinny and needed to eat, while heaping more food on my plate.

Pretty sad state of affairs when they start decriminalizing dangerous drugs.

And yes, I KNOW what I'm talking about. My sister and her friends were potheads for DECADES, and I saw what dangerous shit they pulled and how close they got to killing a few people. Lucky for them, they only ended up in jail for a while and not in the graveyard.

Pretty sad state of affairs when they start decriminalizing dangerous drugs.

And yes, I KNOW what I'm talking about. My sister and her friends were potheads for DECADES, and I saw what dangerous shit they pulled and how close they got to killing a few people. Lucky for them, they only ended up in jail for a while and not in the graveyard.
what other drugs did they do?.....

Forum List

Back