🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There are only 4 states where marijuana is illegal

Interestingly enough, many artistic types (painters, artists, music people) say that cannabis helps a bit with the creative process.
It actually does and it opens the mind, well for me it did.

Look, many people will argue that Mary Jane is wrong but for me it was better than drinking booze.

When I was in my 20's I had dreams about the legalization of hemp, now...I really don't want it legal.
I’m officially old. And while I did dabble a bit when I was young, it wasn’t a lot. Maybe a dozen times.

But now, in my recent onset of being old, after some surgeries and medical issues, I wish it was legal here. Red state. I wouldn’t object to some gummies.

I’m officially old. And while I did dabble a bit when I was young, it wasn’t a lot. Maybe a dozen times.

But now, in my recent onset of being old, after some surgeries and medical issues, I wish it was legal here. Red state. I wouldn’t object to some gummies.
If Texas would legalize it I would smoke until my brain is singing like Willie Nelson!

It actually does and it opens the mind, well for me it did.

Look, many people will argue that Mary Jane is wrong but for me it was better than drinking booze.

Agreed. Also, you don't wake up with a hangover the next morning from smoking marijuana. Drink a 12 pack, and you have problems getting started until around noon (I've got experience on that).

Agreed. Also, you don't wake up with a hangover the next morning from smoking marijuana. Drink a 12 pack, and you have problems getting started until around noon (I've got experience on that).
That depends on the Booze for me!

I know no one will believe this but I can down a whole bottle of Serbian Plum Brandy and get up the next day like there is nothing wrong with me but give me four beers and it slows me down…

Mary Jane works on people in different ways and as you hinted or wrote that people who are more artistic seem to react to the herb in a more creative and positive way…

Marijuana and the THC in it help a great deal with the pains of being old or injured. My old roomie had back and hip problems from a car wreck she'd been in many years ago. She had a prescription for pain pills because of her condition but didn't like to use them unless absolutely necessary, as the side effects of the pharmaceuticals were hard for her to deal with (pain meds can make a person constipated). But, if she had some good quality smoke, just a few puffs and she was right as rain. The only time she used her pain meds is if she was out of marijuana and we weren't going to CO anytime soon (which was rare).

If Texas would legalize it I would smoke until my brain is singing like Willie Nelson!

Legality doesn't mean anything to me. Cost does. LOL

If fully legalized I could see growing some.

Legality doesn't mean anything to me. Cost does. LOL

If fully legalized I could see growing some.

While I am frugal when it comes to most things, I can tell you right now that it doesn't bother me to pay a bit more at a legal shop for really good smoke over what I could get in the form of cheap Mexican brick.

As far as growing some? Yeah, that is an excellent option, but you should do some research on how to grow it, as growing quality stuff is a difficult proposition. Had a cousin who decided to plant some seeds in her garden after CO legalized it, but her plants didn't come out with very good stuff. She tended to them like they were regular garden plants.

I also had a friend of mine who was a wiz with growing plants (he studied it as a minor in college), and he told me that while it is a weed and will grow anywhere it has good sunlight and water, getting quality smoke out of it was a whole different story, as the plants needed to be tended to on an almost daily basis to get high quality buds.

At a time in history when cigarette smoking in a restricted area (the entire city of NY) can get you jail time, society demands the legalization of a more potent drug. Sometimes you have to wonder WTF it's all about.

At a time in history when cigarette smoking in a restricted area (the entire city of NY) can get you jail time, society demands the legalization of a more potent drug. Sometimes you have to wonder WTF it's all about.

I'm sure you won't be able to smoke pot in the same areas.

Ummm, you ain’t trying to tell us you believe smoking cigarettes is better for you than pot are you?

I have to worry about the legality part for me.

Absolutely, many do.

You know what I thought was funny as hell? After CO legalized it, my roomie and I would take trips up there to stock up on enough smoke to last us a few months (sealing the packages in tupperware keeps the smell down to where a human won't notice it), and we would bring it back home. In ALL of the shops that we stopped at during our shopping sprees, every last one of them had mostly full parking lots, and easily half to 3/4 of the cars there were from out of state. Mainly states where it was illegal to have it. I would see tourists in the shops that were asking what was the maximum amount they could get, and buying as much as they could.

The law will consider the full circumstances of where and when you are caught and with whom, during these transitional times. They see that new legislation is coming so they are preparing to decommission these laws and they realize there may be public and political backlashes if they slap people too hard with the book at this time. But they'll strike a deal with the county prosecutor to figure out what the most politically correct application of the law is at the time. Which means you still May pay at the very least a fine or even do a little time or have some conditional release where you have to do community service or go to classes. There's a lot of ways they can impose a sentence. Sometimes if they just think you're an overall bad person I don't like a lot of the things you do they'll take the one thing they can get you for all the way and everyone involved understands that... if you get my drift.

You know what I thought was funny as hell? After CO legalized it, my roomie and I would take trips up there to stock up on enough smoke to last us a few months (sealing the packages in tupperware keeps the smell down to where a human won't notice it), and we would bring it back home. In ALL of the shops that we stopped at during our shopping sprees, every last one of them had mostly full parking lots, and easily half to 3/4 of the cars there were from out of state. Mainly states where it was illegal to have it. I would see tourists in the shops that were asking what was the maximum amount they could get, and buying as much as they could.

Locally I know police officers that have found pot and dumped it on the ground and allowed the people to go on their way and I know cops that have arrested people over one joint.

Some people could risk losing their jobs over an arrest like this.

It is not the part I am worried about Texas Trooper’s busting me but losing my job and other things if busted.

So I have to stay clean even though I wish I could get stoned out of my damn mind!

You are being a bit misleading Whitehall. While smoking is restricted in NYC, and there are many places you cannot smoke, you CAN smoke in public (with restrictions) and you can always smoke in your own house or on your own property. Here is a link to help you out with the smoking restrictions in NYC.

Can you smoke in New York City?​

We may as well tackle the big one first! The answer is: Yes, you can smoke in New York City. For the most part, you’re allowed to smoke in public as long as you’re not within 15 feet of the entrance or exit of a healthcare facility, like a hospital. There are some restrictions, however. For example, parks and pools are no-go areas for smoking, and this includes cigarettes, cigars, pipes, water pipes, hookahs, and vapes (or e-cigarettes).

Where can you smoke in New York City?

As with most states, you can’t just smoke anywhere in New York. There are restrictions, which NYC By Natives has laid out quite comprehensively: You cannot smoke in indoor public spaces such as dance clubs, museums, theaters, hospitals, restaurants (including outdoor seating areas), or government buildings. Restrictions also apply to some outdoor areas like all NYC parks (including Central Park), beaches, playgrounds, pools, and stadiums.

As for where you can smoke (besides outside in unrestricted areas), you are of course allowed to do so in private residences so long as the owner approves. There are also some cigar and tobacco bars in the city that specifically cater to the habit.

Forum List

Back