🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There are only 4 states where marijuana is illegal

I didn't realize how few states have not de-criminalized pot... !

very surprised that there seems to be no compromise.. I mean states either made it totally illegal, no exception for medical use, or legalized it..

Not really a concern of mine.

Considering all our of our current problems have appeared in the last few years came up despite pots legality that tells me it has nothing to do with it. Pot has been illegal a long time and America was overall doing well a long time so I see how changing it makes any benefit.

Normally I'd say "legalize it, it's just a different version of alcohol". But considering all the soft weak willed, ambition less, mope around all day, good for nothing, do nothing feelings based pussies we have in our society right now pot is the last thing we need to introduce mainstream. Pot would only turn all those useless turds into even more useless turds. While pot isn't inherently bad it will rob you of your ambition if you make smoking weed your life's goal.

So I say legalize it once we get rid of all the TikTok feelings based blue haired sissies washed out of society. Giving them weed will only create more of them.

marijuana makes u paranoid and people have been known to do things they wouldn't ordinarily do under its influence

It is also known to cause chromosomal damage

I do not recommend people get addicted to it. Also: I have noticed that people became bad drivers after marijuana was legalized.

Marijuana only makes you paranoid if you are in a state where it is illegal. Was sitting on the front porch of my cousin's place in CO one time, and a cop drove by on patrol. She waved to him (apparently knew who he was due to his regular patrols through her neighborhood), but I started to get paranoid and asked her what she was doing waving to the cops with a joint in her hand. She then reminded me that it was legal in CO, and there was no reason to be scared. My paranoia about marijuana ended right then and there.

As far as doing something you wouldn't normally do while high? Nope, your inhibitions remain with you when you smoke marijuana, and if you wouldn't do something straight, you won't do it high either. If you want to know what lowers your inhibitions and makes you do things you normally wouldn't, look no further than liquor, beer and wine. Alcohol lowers your inhibitions and will make you do things you normally wouldn't. (We've all heard the stories, or been the subject of them, where a person went home with an ugly person, or danced naked in the street, etc.)

As far as addiction? Marijuana is NOT physically addictive in any way, shape, form or fashion. There are no withdrawl reactions from using marijuana for a while, and then suddenly stopping. There ARE withdrawls from alcohol. Most know it in the form of a hangover, but others who use lots of alcohol for long periods of time and suddenly stop will experience the DT's, which can be life threatening. Some might argue that it can be mentally addictive, but so can gambling, shopping, and working out.

The reason people are such bad drivers when they are high? It's because they become overly cautious. If you are on the road and someone blows by you at 90 mph, chances are they're drunk. If you are behind someone only doing 35 to 40, chances are those are the ones who are high.

Then there is this:

His team found that after marijuana legalization, the rate of car crashes with injuries increased by nearly 6%, while fatal crashes rose by 4%. No increase in these crashes was seen in states that hadn't legalized marijuana, the researchers noted.
These results are consistent with prior studies, Farmer said.

Marijuana only makes you paranoid if you are in a state where it is illegal. Was sitting on the front porch of my cousin's place in CO one time, and a cop drove by on patrol. She waved to him (apparently knew who he was due to his regular patrols through her neighborhood), but I started to get paranoid and asked her what she was doing waving to the cops with a joint in her hand. She then reminded me that it was legal in CO, and there was no reason to be scared. My paranoia about marijuana ended right then and there.

As far as doing something you wouldn't normally do while high? Nope, your inhibitions remain with you when you smoke marijuana, and if you wouldn't do something straight, you won't do it high either. If you want to know what lowers your inhibitions and makes you do things you normally wouldn't, look no further than liquor, beer and wine. Alcohol lowers your inhibitions and will make you do things you normally wouldn't. (We've all heard the stories, or been the subject of them, where a person went home with an ugly person, or danced naked in the street, etc.)

As far as addiction? Marijuana is NOT physically addictive in any way, shape, form or fashion. There are no withdrawl reactions from using marijuana for a while, and then suddenly stopping. There ARE withdrawls from alcohol. Most know it in the form of a hangover, but others who use lots of alcohol for long periods of time and suddenly stop will experience the DT's, which can be life threatening. Some might argue that it can be mentally addictive, but so can gambling, shopping, and working out.

The reason people are such bad drivers when they are high? It's because they become overly cautious. If you are on the road and someone blows by you at 90 mph, chances are they're drunk. If you are behind someone only doing 35 to 40, chances are those are the ones who are high.
Spot on.

That means it is illegal!

Only 4 states (the ones in orange on the map) are where it is fully illegal. The decriminalized states (where you no longer go to jail, but rather pay a fine) are the ones in light green. Might wanna pay attention to the color coding and what the terms mean. Decriminalized doesn't mean it's legal, but it reduces the severity of the punishment to something on the level of speeding. It's illegal to do 85 mph in a 70 mph zone, but you won't go to jail for it. You'll more than likely just pay a fine for exceeding the legal speed limit (which is illegal to do).

I have no problem with the legalization of marijuana. I don't use it. I say legalize it and tax it like alcohol.

You can get a medical marijuana card in Florida, but if you have a concealed weapons permit you have to surrender it.

I'd rather be safe than high...

Then there is this:

His team found that after marijuana legalization, the rate of car crashes with injuries increased by nearly 6%, while fatal crashes rose by 4%. No increase in these crashes was seen in states that hadn't legalized marijuana, the researchers noted.
These results are consistent with prior studies, Farmer said.

Might wanna read the article, as it states in it that there should be more education, and people should be told not to drive while high. It also says that after legalization, but before retail sales started, that is when they saw the highest increase, but after retail sales started, they dropped back to almost (only 1 to 2 percent above) what they had been before legalization.

It also states in your article that people who smoke marijuana usually drive slower than everyone else around them, which is part of the reason for the crashes, but those crashes are less deadly.

From your link..........................

They found that after legalization, but before retail pot sales started, the rate of car crashes with injuries jumped nearly 7%. After sales began, the crash rate dipped slightly (less than 1%), but the rate of fatal crashes shot up about 2% before and after retail sales began.
Often, drivers under the influence of marijuana drive slowly, the researchers noted. They may not be able to avoid a crash, but their lower speed may make the collision less deadly, Farmer noted.

And, the person who did the study said that they can't point to legalization as the cause of increased crashes, or that it's a cause and effect thing.

Again.............from your link...................

Farmer doesn't believe marijuana legalization is the only cause of rising collision rates, and the study can't prove a direct cause-and-effect relationship. And unlike alcohol testing, there are no objective measures of impairment linked to marijuana, so it's not possible to accurately account for the role marijuana plays in car crashes, he said.

More study needs to be done on marijuana use and driving, they don't have enough information yet.

Might wanna read the article, as it states in it that there should be more education, and people should be told not to drive while high. It also says that after legalization, but before retail sales started, that is when they saw the highest increase, but after retail sales started, they dropped back to almost (only 1 to 2 percent above) what they had been before legalization.

It also states in your article that people who smoke marijuana usually drive slower than everyone else around them, which is part of the reason for the crashes, but those crashes are less deadly.

From your link..........................

They found that after legalization, but before retail pot sales started, the rate of car crashes with injuries jumped nearly 7%. After sales began, the crash rate dipped slightly (less than 1%), but the rate of fatal crashes shot up about 2% before and after retail sales began.
Often, drivers under the influence of marijuana drive slowly, the researchers noted. They may not be able to avoid a crash, but their lower speed may make the collision less deadly, Farmer noted.

And, the person who did the study said that they can't point to legalization as the cause of increased crashes, or that it's a cause and effect thing.

Again.............from your link...................

Farmer doesn't believe marijuana legalization is the only cause of rising collision rates, and the study can't prove a direct cause-and-effect relationship. And unlike alcohol testing, there are no objective measures of impairment linked to marijuana, so it's not possible to accurately account for the role marijuana plays in car crashes, he said.

More study needs to be done on marijuana use and driving, they don't have enough information yet.
I did read it, and thank you for pointing to the issues of safety, while your saying it's possible, just don't believe the numbers. I got that.

And yes, it is more difficult to test if a person is under the influence because of how long the THC stays in the system. Your point?

I did read it, and thank you for pointing to the issues of safety, while your saying it's possible, just don't believe the numbers. I got that.

And yes, it is more difficult to test if a person is under the influence because of how long the THC stays in the system. Your point?

The article itself said it was possible, and that while they had statistics, it was difficult to say why they happened.

As far as how long THC stays in the system? Depending on a person's body fat, and their metabolic level, THC can stay in their system for anywhere from a few days (3-4) to up to a month, as bodyfat tends to absorb and keep THC. Fat people with low metabolic rates will show positive for THC longer than skinny people with high metabolisms. The reason that they can't realistically test people who are under the influence of marijuana reliably is that there hasn't been a test specifically to determine levels of impairment yet, as up until now, they only needed one for alcohol (which is why there are breathalyzers everywhere).

Only 4 states (the ones in orange on the map) are where it is fully illegal. The decriminalized states (where you no longer go to jail, but rather pay a fine) are the ones in light green. Might wanna pay attention to the color coding and what the terms mean. Decriminalized doesn't mean it's legal, but it reduces the severity of the punishment to something on the level of speeding. It's illegal to do 85 mph in a 70 mph zone, but you won't go to jail for it. You'll more than likely just pay a fine for exceeding the legal speed limit (which is illegal to do).
Roll your mouse over the state and tell me what it says in the little pop-up window. It says "Legal Status: Fully Illegal", dumbass pothead!

Roll your mouse over the state and tell me what it says in the little pop-up window. It says "Legal Status: Fully Illegal", dumbass pothead!

You only read the first line? Because it also says "Medicinal: No", and "Decriminalized: Yes".

Here's the definition of decriminalize for you.................

decriminalize​

[ dee-krim-uh-nl-ahyz ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for decriminalize on Thesaurus.com
💼 Post-College Level

verb (used with object), de·crim·i·nal·ized, de·crim·i·nal·iz·ing.
to eliminate criminal penalties for or remove legal restrictions against:to decriminalize marijuana.

And, while it still might be illegal, it has been decriminalized, meaning that it's about the same as getting a traffic ticket. You pay a fine, but don't get jail time. Driving 85 in a 70 mph zone is illegal too, but you don't go to jail for it, because unless you are speeding while committing a felony, it is not a criminal act. Might wanna buy a dictionary so you can learn what words mean.

Might wanna look into some of the research that has been done over the past 3 decades. At first, doctors were reluctant to acknowledge there was any benefit, but when they started to see results, especially in epileptics, they started to check it out further. Now? There are many ailments that have been PROVEN to be helped by the consumption of cannabis.
It’s a ruse to try to mainstream dope. Whatever alleged benefits are realized can be acquired through lots of other established non-intoxicant drugs. You must be another addict.

You only read the first line? Because it also says "Medicinal: No", and "Decriminalized: Yes".

Here's the definition of decriminalize for you.................

decriminalize​

[ dee-krim-uh-nl-ahyz ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for decriminalize on Thesaurus.com
💼 Post-College Level

verb (used with object), de·crim·i·nal·ized, de·crim·i·nal·iz·ing.
to eliminate criminal penalties for or remove legal restrictions against:to decriminalize marijuana.

And, while it still might be illegal, it has been decriminalized, meaning that it's about the same as getting a traffic ticket. You pay a fine, but don't get jail time. Driving 85 in a 70 mph zone is illegal too, but you don't go to jail for it, because unless you are speeding while committing a felony, it is not a criminal act. Might wanna buy a dictionary so you can learn what words mean.
Do you still receive a citation? If so, it is illegal.

You are such a dumbass!

Forum List

Back