There Are Some Sensible Democrats

The Original Tree

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2016
OHIO
I don't believe all people are bad. People have different reasons for joining this cause or that cause. Sometimes they are simply uninformed, misguided. Sometimes they are part of something they want to preserve, despite the attempts of other members of their group, trying to change what was into something a lot worse.

I don't know why Feinstein is a Democrat, I only know that even though she is very partisan at times, she also is capable of displaying some practical sense which is in contrast to someone like Maxine Waters, or Crying Chuck Schummer. The Democrat Party has been off the hinge long before Donald Trump came along. And it's my opinion they were poisoned by people like The Clintons, James Carvelle, and Barak Obama.

If the Democrat Party is ever going to win it's respect back, roll up it's sleeves and pitch in to make America the best possible country it can be, it will be with more people like Feinstein, and less people like The Clintons, Obamas, Pelosis, Schummers, and Carvelles of the world.

Feinstein was one of the few people early on that said there was NO Russian Collusion and that the Democrat Party was wasting a lot of Energy on assaulting The President, when they should be tackling issues many Americans face.

I don't like a lot of what Feinstein says.. She's Partisan and very political at times, and sometimes unfair....but she at least doesn't seen unhinged like the rest of her unraveling party when she made the comment she did.

What I found more interesting than her sensible comment, was the crowd's reaction which shows me, there are a lot of issues that need dealt with by the Dem followers if they are ever going to regain their sanity and regain respect from voters who may oppose them.

Here is her latest thoughts on the current political situation:

Feinstein stuns San Francisco crowd: Trump 'can be a good president'

"The question is whether he can learn and change. If so, I believe he can be a good president.”

- U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., speaking about President Trump

The report said, “the crowd reacted with stunned silence, broken only with scattered “No’s and a few hisses and some nervous laughter.” The article said that kind of talk is “never heard in Democratic circles.”

Last edited:
What she means by "learn and change" is the key to her intent.

What she means by "learn and change" is the key to her intent.
A lot of times in Dem Jive that means, "Agree With Us" or "start doing things....like we do in Washington."

I think one of The President's biggest obstacles are Establishment Left and Right, and the President not looking at Washington DC as a big party to be enjoyed on the Taxpayer's Dime.

These Congressmen literally pay for NOTHING THEMSELVES. If you are a Senator, it's like you have been given a full scholarship and an unlimited expense account for the rest of your life.

The President comes in to shake some of that up, and that's not going to make a lot of these guys happy.

Look at Jeff Flake who ran on Term Limits, and said he'd step down in a couple terms after he got done what he was sent to Washington to do.

When he was asked about his campaign promises, he Laughed and said HE LIED.

I don't believe all people are bad. People have different reasons for joining this cause or that cause. Sometimes they are simply uninformed, misguided. Sometimes they are part of something they want to preserve, despite the attempts of other members of their group, trying to change what was into something a lot worse.

I don't know why Feinstein is a Democrat, I only know that even though she is very partisan at times, she also is capable of displaying some practical sense which is in contrast to someone like Maxine Waters, or Crying Chuck Schummer. The Democrat Party has been off the hinge long before Donald Trump came along. And it's my opinion they were poisoned by people like The Clintons, James Carvelle, and Barak Obama.

If the Democrat Party is ever going to win it's respect back, roll up it's sleeves and pitch in to make America the best possible country it can be, it will be with more people like Feinstein, and less people like The Clintons, Obamas, Pelosis, Schummers, and Carvelles of the world.

Feinstein was one of the few people early on that said there was NO Russian Collusion and that the Democrat Party was wasting a lot of Energy on assaulting The President, when they should be tackling issues many Americans face.

I don't like a lot of what Feinstein says.. She's Partisan and very political at times, and sometimes unfair....but she at least doesn't seen unhinged like the rest of her unraveling party.

What I found more interesting than her comments, was the crowd's reaction which shows me, there are a lot of issues that need dealt with by the Dem followers if they are ever going to regain their sanity and regain respect from voters who may oppose them.

"The question is whether he can learn and change. If so, I believe he can be a good president.”

The report said, “the crowd reacted with stunned silence, broken only with scattered “No’s and a few hisses and some nervous laughter.” The article said that kind of talk is “never heard in Democratic circles.”

The problem is that it's clear at this point that Trump can't learn or change.

One of the craziest fucking left tards in Washington says one thing you like and you act all giddy and shit :lol:

One of the craziest fucking left tards in Washington says one thing you like and you act all giddy and shit :lol:
I am not giddy at all.

I am merely pointing out by contrast the Absurd Hyperventilation of The Left over it's witch hunt and the damage it is doing to it's own brand.

The Fact that a REASONABLE COMMENT made by someone on THE LEFT sounds "CRAZY" is proof they need to reset their compass, reform their party, and get back to work doing The Will of The American People, and doing what is BEST FOR THIS COUNTRY.....

Not what is best for them to get re-elected.

I don't like a lot of what Feinstein says.. She's Partisan and very political at times, and sometimes unfair....but she at least doesn't seen unhinged like the rest of her unraveling party.

What I found more interesting than her comments, was the crowd's reaction which shows me, there are a lot of issues that need dealt with by the Dem followers if they are ever going to regain their sanity and regain respect from voters who may oppose them.

/----/ Libtards now realize Trump can't be bullied or chased out of office so now their plan is to transform him to their perverted agenda.

/----/ Good. He wasn't elected to learn (meaning Liberalism) or change (meaning Liberalism). He was elected to drain the swamp and fix what DemocRATS have destroyed.

/----/ Libtards now realize Trump can't be bullied or chased out of office so now their plan is to transform him to their perverted agenda.

You might be right about that. I don't see The President as uncompromising....but he is going to stick to his agenda.

He is a moderate-conservative with some liberal leanings. If Dems realized that and abandoned their witch hunt, they'd find that they could work with The President on a lot of things.

/----/ Good. He wasn't elected to learn (meaning Liberalism) or change (meaning Liberalism). He was elected to drain the swamp and fix what DemocRATS have destroyed.

Oh so that's why he managed to get selected with so little support.

/----/ President Trump was selected by the Electoral College with plenty of support: Trump 304 Hildabeast 227

Had no support. President is a Russian agent. Is stupid. Hates women. Wants to fill the coffers of the rich. Hates non whites. Can't understand simple concepts. Beat Hillary.

dems can't be trusted , they are my enemy even when they as individuals say some good things . As just one little example the dems want to take or regulate Americans guns and so are enemies of Americans forever .

Last edited:

/----/ President Trump was selected by the Electoral College with plenty of support: Trump 304 Hildabeast 227

And it's my opinion, if you look at the trending.....anyone Trump has backed has gotten elected in the Special Elections...and so...I believe...he is going to roll to re-election in 2020. Jeff Flake is opposed by Trump, and he is going to get Primaried....and his challenger has a 20 point lead over him in the polls. 5-0 in special elections for candidates backed by The President.

But back to the point I was trying to make....it's my opinion that at some point, The Democrat Party and The GOP "Never Trumpers" are going to have to realize they are hurting themselves more than they are hurting The President.

He is capable. He can be a good president. I don't believe I have seen a president mobilize support for a Disaster like this (Harvey.) He didn't care what anyone thought.....he took action...and took it immediately. he did the same in Syria..& with North Korea....and got traditional rivals Russia and China to help keep a lid on the Mad Man in the NK. That is how a Commander in Chief should operate. With Leadership despite what his Critics say...some of whom...eventually will come to see things his way.

The best way to get re-elected isn't to fight The President, but it's to Negotiate with Him...work together on issues that ALL AMERICANS care about...that all people care about.

Last edited:

Had no support. President is a Russian agent. Is stupid. Hates women. Wants to fill the coffers of the rich. Hates non whites. Can't understand simple concepts. Beat Hillary.
/----/ Well said. I love it when Libs run smack into a glass door.
glassdoor.jpg

I can understand your point but I don't consider Feinsten "sensible" for numerous reasons. I could make your argument for someone like Sen. Manchin of West Virginia. The Democrats have essentially filtered out most of their moderates.

I can remember... it doesn't seem that long ago-- I actually campaigned and voted for a Democrat as governor of Georgia, Zell Miller. He and his wife (Shirley) are close personal friends of mine and he was a great governor.

I wanted to offer just two examples maybe a lot of you have not thought about, where The President has taken a controversial lead on some issues, and had massive criticism only to have his critics eventually agree with him.

Now, The Left, and Establishment Right....get their feathers ruffled...and the reason being is...they like comfort. Comfort is a life of ease. A life where you don't have to do much...can shirk your responsibilities...and when things don't get done....you point the finger at someone else.

Now I have to ask you....even Trump Critics....many of you say....The President is Crazy.... I say....Crazy like a fox.... He has a plan... And he MANIPULATES the situation....to get from point A to point Z via BDCE etc.
I know many of you....his biggest critics would rather take the easy way out....and just criticize...but....do yourself a favor and look deeper...

We are living in a fairly dangerous world....and it's not the time for idealistic novices who have never really built anything, negotiated anything, nor have a real sense of how things work in a real world where SHARKS EAT SHARKS...and only the toughest Sharks Survive..like you see in the business world....or in other realistic settings.

SO I ask you....is President Trump really "CRAZY" and "DANGEROUS" like you try to say he is....or does he just have More Nerve than the other guy.....guys that have been raking us over the coals for years in trade, and treaties, and making us look weak and pliable with regards to foreign policy?

Remember this controversy? How things change..... The sensible position was to assign blame to all groups who disrupted peaceful and lawful assembly. When things become violent and unlawful, this is when people get hurt. It is a reasonable position then, to adopt that paradigm despite what critics say.

Trump: ‘Many sides’ to blame for violent clashes in Virginia
Virginia Gov. McAuliffe Admits There Was Violence On Both Sides In Charlottesville

Remember this? The correct position is to assert that Nations follow International Law and abide by Treaties, and that treaties be mutually advantageous to both parties.

The President uses a Carrot and Stick approach, which was not unlike Teddy Roosevelt whom the media called an unsophisticated brawler. If someone gets out of line, even if they have an agreement with you, you sometimes have to remind them with a thump on the head that they agreed to the deal.

Obama unloads on Trump: He doesn't know much about 'the world, generally'
China takes stock of Trump's remarks on THAAD, South Korea
Trump 'furious' over Seoul's North Korea 'appeasement' | Asia | DW | 20.06.2017
Trump Threatens ‘Fire and Fury’ Against North Korea if It Endangers U.S.
War of the Words: North Korea, Trump, and Strategic Stability
China, Russia agree to cooperate on North Korea denuclearization
US hits China, Russia with punitive sanctions over North Korea

I think some of what we are seeing from The Left, is their aversion to confrontation with issues.

After 8 years of Appeasement, and Bandaids for Domestic and Foreign policy issues that fixed nothing.....I think The Left is in Shock over a more direct results oriented approach. The Bully Pulpit is back....and the left is dazed and confused by this....WHY....WHY....WHY.....'THAT'S NOT PRESIDENTIAL'.....

Can he be a good president? He already is a good president, but it is not politically expedient to admit that for some.

Last edited:

I can understand your point but I don't consider Feinsten "sensible" for numerous reasons. I could make your argument for someone like Sen. Manchin of West Virginia. The Democrats have essentially filtered out most of their moderates.

I can remember... it doesn't seem that long ago-- I actually campaigned and voted for a Democrat as governor of Georgia, Zell Miller. He and his wife (Shirley) are close personal friends of mine and he was a great governor.

I didn't say she was completely sensible....or didn't not mean to infer that....I stated I disagreed with a lot of her partisanship......but....she made a SENSIBLE COMMENT....and the fact that such a sensible comment was met with derision still points out problems within The Democrat Party. This is something they need to fix before they can get on with the work of doing The Will of The American People, and doing what is best for The People and The Country, not the party and themselves.

And this might not be a popular statement with people on The Right, but America NEEDS THE DEMOCRAT PARTY.

But we don't need The RADICAL DEMOCRAT PARTY. We don't need The Democrat Party that embraces Civil Unrest, and Violent Protests, or Hateful Language directed at people who serve and protect.

We need THE PRACTICAL DEMOCRAT PARTY
We need The Party that wants to get things done, not Obstruct things simply because of Legacy Preservation.

Last edited:

----------------------------------------------------- 'manchin' is a gun controller Boss .

----------------------------------------------------- 'manchin' is a gun controller Boss .

Yes, but he also favors a Balanced Budget Amendment, Keystone Pipeline and punishing Sanctuary Cities.

Forum List

Back