There is no conflict between religion and science. Never has been.

The hell it isn’t.

Not really. Physicists don’t always get philosophy right.

But either way since it is all just pure 100% conjecture and unfalsifiable it doesn’t much matter

There’s no one more qualified to speak of the pervasive relationship between mind and matter than George Wald, Arthur Eddington, Von Weizsacker and Wolfgang Pauli.

Who are you to say they are wrong?

I am as qualified to establish what “reality” is as they are.

Pure conjecture without a basis in falsifiability

No, consciousness is a product of a physical brain. A neural network. I have never seen a disembodied "consciousness".

various versions of your statement - yours among the most extreme ...

not the cns, physiology itself is a metaphysical substance irregardless its spiritual component and has synthesis yet undetermined ...

not to mention the other half - flora

1655243298770.png

flora hasn't a cns, central nervous system, much less a single neuron - for its consciousness.

I believe that is actually a gross overextension of Quantum Mechanics. Yes electrons have wave-particle duality but on a MACRO SCALE you really don't cease to exist the minute you are not being perceived by others.
And George Wald, Arthur Eddington, Von Weizsacker and Wolfgang Pauli would disagree with you.

various versions of your statement - yours among the most extreme ...

not the cns, physiology itself is a metaphysical substance irregardless its spiritual component and has synthesis yet undetermined ...

not to mention the other half - flora

View attachment 657983

flora hasn't a cns, central nervous system, much less a single neuron - for its consciousness.
Plants are not conscious to my knowledge. Do you have information to the contrary?

Where do you believe the energy came from to create the universe?
George Wald, Arthur Eddington, Von Weizsacker and Wolfgang Pauli would disagree.
Before I move on, I wanted to take a moment to thank you wonderful guys for derailing my thread with your hair-pulling slapfight. May I suggest you exchange phone numbers?

And besides it's super lazy new age junk to leverage quantum for explaining the physical macro world. Most of the time the "examples" people use don't really apply to the macro but DO apply to quantum level behaviors...and more importantly to the math. Sometimes the math demands conclusions that the brain can't really deal with. And so we come up with analogies which don't necessarily work to describe other things.
George Wald, Arthur Eddington, Von Weizsacker and Wolfgang Pauli would disagree.

Before I move on, I wanted to take a moment to thank you wonderful guys for derailing my thread with your hair-pulling slapfight. May I suggest you exchange phone numbers?
How is this conversation not consistent with the OP?

Forum List

Back