There May Yet Be Hope For Virginia

The Left: ALL COPS SUCK

The Right: ALL TEACHERS AND SCHOOLS SUCK

Every day, all day

Public education in this country is garbage. The evidence speaks for itself when we are compared against other industrialized nations. However, I think conservatives tend to direct their displeasure towards the wrong people. I find they tend to blame the teachers and in my opinion, the teachers are the least of the problem. The problems are too much political interference, weak kneed and clueless administrators, misallocation of resources, and a lack of parental involvement.

Loudoun County and Fairfax County have the best education systems in the country.

Am I correct?

They even say so. We pulled my son out of the Fairfax County system in 1998.

Why did you do this (some 20 years ago)? Was it some ideological problem? Fairfax has some of the finest schools in the country. There is nothing wrong with the schools in Virginia.

Wrong is relative to the beholder. Having the best of what was ranked nationally as 24th in the world ain't saying much.

We were dissatisfied with the depth of curriculum and did not want our son subjected to the behavior and attitude modification being applied to multicultural, sexual and patriotic matters.

BTW, my wife taught in the system until shortly before we removed our son from it.

What "multicultural, sexual, and patriotic matters"?

All of them.

You just had ideological problems. We've always had everybody around here. You must know that. Ever been to Annandale, Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, Springfield, Centreville? In fact, pigpence's sex partner teaches at a bigot school right here in River City to this day.

Too funny. What is it exactly you are trying to defend?

I'm not trying to "defend" anything. I am offended. You seem to want to be individually catered to and simply ignore your neighbors.

Why did you do this (some 20 years ago)? Was it some ideological problem? Fairfax has some of the finest schools in the country. There is nothing wrong with the schools in Virginia.

Wrong is relative to the beholder. Having the best of what was ranked nationally as 24th in the world ain't saying much.

We were dissatisfied with the depth of curriculum and did not want our son subjected to the behavior and attitude modification being applied to multicultural, sexual and patriotic matters.

BTW, my wife taught in the system until shortly before we removed our son from it.

What "multicultural, sexual, and patriotic matters"?

All of them.

You just had ideological problems. We've always had everybody around here. You must know that. Ever been to Annandale, Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, Springfield, Centreville? In fact, pigpence's sex partner teaches at a bigot school right here in River City to this day.

Too funny. What is it exactly you are trying to defend?

I'm not trying to "defend" anything. I am offended. You seem to want to be individually catered to and simply ignore your neighbors.

What had my neighbors to do with my son's upbringing?

Every day, all day

All teachers and schools do not suck. Only the crappy ones that employ appallingly ignorant teachers armed only with a teaching certificate and a Borg-like union card suck.

Good. Then I expect you never, ever again to speak and type like a Leftist, right? "They all suck"...like that, like an unthinking minion. lumping in church-going Sunday School teaching teachers like me with teachers like whomever you're invoking.

It's lazy. It's what Leftists do.

Loudoun County and Fairfax County have the best education systems in the country.

Am I correct?

Some people cannot stand to be around people who do not believe and think the way they do. Rather than stand up for what they believe in, or make "the system" better from where they are, they cut and run--and then spend the rest of their lives b1tching about how bad it was. Doing nothing about it, just b1tching.

Guess you know how I feel about that.

Every day, all day

Public education in this country is garbage. The evidence speaks for itself when we are compared against other industrialized nations. However, I think conservatives tend to direct their displeasure towards the wrong people. I find they tend to blame the teachers and in my opinion, the teachers are the least of the problem. The problems are too much political interference, weak kneed and clueless administrators, misallocation of resources, and a lack of parental involvement.

You are right and since all anyone can talk about is the circus unfolding in DC, everyone is missing a big story...public education is collapsing.

No one cares. Except when some high school graduate with a ton of misdemeanors takes over your kid's class, then you will miss the actual teacher you had, but that quit, of course.

Ho hum just another day in modern America

Every day, all day

All teachers and schools do not suck. Only the crappy ones that employ appallingly ignorant teachers armed only with a teaching certificate and a Borg-like union card suck.

Good. Then I expect you never, ever again to speak and type like a Leftist, right? "They all suck"...like that,

Again? I never have.

Am I correct?

Some people cannot stand to be around people who do not believe and think the way they do. Rather than stand up for what they believe in, or make "the system" better from where they are, they cut and run--and then spend the rest of their lives b1tching about how bad it was. Doing nothing about it, just b1tching.

Our concern was our son's education, not a crusade to save the mundane from itself.

Am I correct?

Our concern was our son's education, not a crusade to save the mundane from itself.

If your wife's concern AS A TEACHER was your son's education, and not "saving the mundane from itself", than I'm pleased as punch she got out. She didn't deserve a place there.

If your wife's concern AS A TEACHER was your son's education, and not "saving the mundane from itself", than I'm pleased as punch she got out. She didn't deserve a place there.

Well, as I've stated before, she got tired of the low bar and the behavior mod bullshit. And certainly, as parents we placed the needs of our child over any crusade to save the mediocre system from itself.

Did you or do you teach in Fairfax County?

Well, as I've stated before, she got tired of the low bar and the behavior mod bullshit. And certainly, as parents we placed the needs of our child over any crusade to save the mediocre system from itself.

First, do not NOW tell me that I must have taught in Fairfax Co to comment on Fairfax Co schools. That CERTAINLY never factored in any of your BS comments on the US education system as a whole. You commented on the entire lot without ever having encountered the entire lot. I smell your BS and am not buying it

Secondly, AS A TEACHER it was absolutely your wife's job to "save the mediocre". She wasn't up to it. I'm glad she got out. If she shares your opinion that her students were, indeed, mediocre, I can tell you she most certainly did not get out FAST ENOUGH

First, do not NOW tell me that I must have taught in Fairfax Co to comment on Fairfax Co schools. That CERTAINLY never factored in any of your BS comments on the US education system as a whole. You commented on the entire lot without ever having encountered the entire lot. I smell your BS and am not buying it

Secondly, AS A TEACHER it was absolutely your wife's job to "save the mediocre". She wasn't up to it. I'm glad she got out. If she shares your opinion that her students were, indeed, mediocre, I can tell you she most certainly did not get out FAST ENOUGH

:auiqs.jpg:

No one mentioned mediocre students until just now. Freudian slip?

This entire conversation was focused on our experience with Fairfax County schools.

So you would embrace mediocrity and throw your own kid under the bus to save your precious system? How telling.

This entire conversation was focused on our experience with Fairfax County schools.

So you would embrace mediocrity and throw your own kid under the bus to save your precious system? How telling.

What you did with your kid was your total rights as parents.

What you did AS COMMUNITY MEMBERS was quintessential modern conservative. Left "the system" and yet will spend the rest of your life sitting on your a$$ bitching about it.

Well, I didn't. I am in there making a difference every single day.

What you did AS COMMUNITY MEMBERS was quintessential modern conservative. Left "the system" and yet will spend the rest of your life sitting on your a$$ bitching about it.

Press on, Quixote!

"I'm sorry Dave, but this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."

Press on, Quixote!

"I'm sorry Dave, but this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."

Thank you, I will press on. Maybe now, after every time you post a whining thread about the schools, you can include a disclaimer about how you have done absolutely nothing to rectify the situation except sit on your butt and complain about it--thanks

Every day, all day

Where is the specific evidence of "too much political interference, weak kneed and clueless administrators, misallocation of resources, and a lack of parental involvement"? To what do you point?

Those that complain could never do the job well Sue. I support you 100 percent. Someone has to do it. Bashing teachers is too darn easy. Keep on keeping on. You are making a difference.

Forum List

Back