There’s Big Money in Global Warming Alarmism

I am sure there'd be big money in nearly anything that threaten our species. Asteroids, a new black death event or even another world war.

it is the way it works.

But according to the left, global warming is the source for all our woes at least according to this compiled list.

A Complete List Of Things Supposedly Caused By Global Warming

I don't have the time to read through the entire list, but it would hot surprise me to see on the list that things like Asteroids and the black death and another world war are all caused by climate change.

I don't know about asteroids, but I recall the AGW nutburgers trying to blame the Indonesian earthquake and tsunami on global warming.

Right. The ones who had their funding approved didn't have it denied. That's all you've said.

If you think that's how it works, you shouldn't really be commenting on this thread. You don't have a clue. You are just rabbiting the points of climate deniers who don't have a clue what they are talking about. Uber conservatives like the Koch bros. are doing your thinking for you. They are more concerned about how climate change affects their bottom line than they do about what it is actually doing to our planet.

so what are doing to save the planet? electric car. you live in a Tiny House. You see the thing with the people/warmers, is they care more for a "planet" than they do people. You don't find that weird? and if your policies hurt people, because green energy is unaffordable and fossil fuels are cheaper. It's like oh well?

I am sure there'd be big money in nearly anything that threaten our species. Asteroids, a new black death event or even another world war.

it is the way it works.

But according to the left, global warming is the source for all our woes at least according to this compiled list.

I don't have the time to read through the entire list, but it would hot surprise me to see on the list that things like Asteroids and the black death and another world war are all caused by climate change.

I don't know about asteroids, but I recall the AGW nutburgers trying to blame the Indonesian earthquake and tsunami on global warming.

Yes, the bed wetters theorize that the increased temperatures is causing more ice in the poles to melt which means more water pressure on the tectonic plates causing more earthquakes.

They also blame more frequent volcanos on global warming. They theorize that there is less ice on top of crater volcanic mountains which means less pressure on the crater which translates into more frequent eruptions.

Really we need a flow chart of some kind to understand all this.

The best thing though is that the bed wetters blame terrorism on climate change, as if the shooters in California were just pissed off that there was not enough rain in California. Both Hillary and her side kick Bernie Marx agree with this theory.

Hilarious.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were suggesting that normal people had such ideas. Here's a tip. Pay no attention to the whack jobs, unless you like to get on the internet and correct the red herrings some will try to throw up there.

Oh... wait... I'm sorry, that was YOU.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were suggesting that normal people had such ideas. Here's a tip. Pay no attention to the whack jobs, unless you like to get on the internet and correct the red herrings some will try to throw up there.

Oh... wait... I'm sorry, that was YOU.

Good to see you think obama is a wack job....for linking climate change to terrorism.

I think that one is a bit of a stretch. But global warming is going to make people suffer and reduce resources. It WILL eventually cause wars. I just don't think it's what's motivating terrorists yet. The rest of it, though, that global warming is causing earthquakes and volcanic eruptions is nonsense that's certainly not coming from any reputable sources. I take my cues from mainstream science, not the fringe. You should try it. It makes it very easy to win arguments.

PS: I voted for Obama twice and if he could be the DNC's candidate again, I'd vote for him again. I think historians will easily place him in the top ten presidents in US history.

Im laughing looking at the posts in this thread.........if the science is so "settled", why is the alarmist contingent in here falling all over themselves to defend their shit?:uhh:

Still failed to make the case s0ns...............:up:

it is the way it works.

Radical Islamic Terrorism too...

Im laughing looking at the posts in this thread.........if the science is so "settled", why is the alarmist contingent in here falling all over themselves to defend their shit?:uhh:

Still failed to make the case s0ns...............:up:

In the mind of a Progressive, everything is settled. They are right and everyone else is wrong.

It's like being married to them or something

Last edited:
so what are doing to save the planet? electric car. you live in a Tiny House. You see the thing with the people/warmers, is they care more for a "planet" than they do people. You don't find that weird? and if your policies hurt people, because green energy is unaffordable and fossil fuels are cheaper. It's like oh well?

People are not the big polluters, corporations are. The big problem is trying to persuade emerging giants like India that fossil fuels are not the way to go. Their PM has said it's not fair for developed countries to expect developing countries not to get to the top of the heap the same way we did - burning fossil fuels. He has a point.

If the price of energy is driven up by moving away from fossil fuels (and the evidence indicates that it is now slightly cheaper and still moving down) it would be a common cost to us all. You act as if we could force everyone else to use alternative energy but we (the majority who accept the mainstream science view of the matter) will keep using fossil fuel. Sorry, Stephanie, but that's not how it works. Everyone will eventually be on alternative energy and everyone will pay the cost, whatever that happens to be.
My family drives two Hyundai Elantras (40 mpg) and a Toyota Yaris (35 mpg). The Yaris is a recent replacement for a Honda Fit that my daughter knocked into an interstate wall when she hydroplaned in some heavy rain. What do you drive Stephanie.

If the price of energy is driven up by moving away from fossil fuels (and the evidence indicates that it is now slightly cheaper and still moving down) it would be a common cost to us all. You act as if we could force everyone else to use alternative energy but we (the majority who accept the mainstream science view of the matter) will keep using fossil fuel. Sorry, Stephanie, but that's not how it works. Everyone will eventually be on alternative energy and everyone will pay the cost, whatever that happens to be.
My family drives two Hyundai Elantras (40 mpg) and a Toyota Yaris (35 mpg). The Yaris is a recent replacement for a Honda Fit that my daughter knocked into an interstate wall when she hydroplaned in some heavy rain. What do you drive Stephanie.

How quaint. You drive a Yaris and Elantras. I guess that means you are saving mother earth.

Meanwhile, Al Gore and his goons drive SUV's, heat and cool a myriad of mansions around the world, and fly jets everywhere they go and could not give a shit less about it.

Hilarious.

I suspect Al Gore has prevented many million times as much GHG emission than my family and I have managed with our wee cars. But we each have our own parts in this, don't we.

I suspect Al Gore has prevented many million times as much GHG emission than my family and I have managed with our wee cars. But we each have our own parts in this, don't we.

Yeah, sure. The global elite demand that we cut down on our lifestyles but they are actually spending even more money on their lavish lifestyles. They KNOW there is no problem, they just like lording it over the peons like you.

One side is spending money on research and mitigation measure. The other side is spending money on lobbying and PR.

And I disagree with your numbers. Over 583 million has been spent in the last decade funding AGW deniers spew. The portion of government AGW spending going to lobbying and PR is microscopic.

"What" is that the oil companies are spending an enormous amount of money to push the idea that climate science is uncertain or false and that taking action will destroy economies and cost jobs. The reason they do so is simple and obvious: survival. The money the world's governments are spending is financing research, new power and transportation technologies and mitigation measures. Which action do you believe is more beneficial to mankind as a whole. If you're not a complete fool, you will answer the latter.

you aren't you going to tell us all these years the oil companies hasn't being doing any research how to IMPROVE things with oil.

The oil companies primary research thrust has always been to find more oil and turn it into salable gasoline and other products at the minimum possible cost. They are a for-profit corporation with a responsibility to their stockholders to do nothing but. I'm sure along the way they have spent some of their hundreds of billions of dollars profit on humanitarian, pro-ecological, pro-wildlife and pro-environmental projects. Has that accomplished anything meaningful with regards to global warming? No. And now we have learned that their own scientists informed Exxon's management no later than the early 1980s that they believed CO2 emissions from burning their fuel would cause dangerous global warming. What was their response? Did they make that public? Did they warn government agencies? Did they finance research into higher mileage cars, more efficient power plants, sequestration technology? No, they financed deniers in a massive disinformation campaign. So, no, Stephanie, I am NOT going to tell you that the oil companies did "research on how to IMPROVE things with oil".

why can't you warmers use you windmills, electric cars etc and leave the people who want to us oil alone.

You've asked this question in various forms on several occasions. The answer is always the same. We all use the same atmosphere Stephanie. You don't get to foul our air and overheat our climate because you're ignorant and lazy and you don't get to benefit from our efforts, sacrifices and outlays without chipping in your share. We are all in the same boat. We all have to pay the piper.

you have force yourselves on other by all this the sky is falling. that's just shady

Were you drinking when you wrote this Stephanie; or very tired? Your syntax and grammar are poor. I have never been able to understand how someone could suspect thousands of scientists all (and I do mean ALL) lying and putting their very careers at risk for the sake of money and yet not have the slightest suspicion that the fossil fuel industries whose very existence, much less their profits, are directly and irrevocably threatened by the effort to reduce GHG emissions. How can you possibly believe that they wouldn't do SOMETHING to prevent being put out of business?

you know what. then stop replying to me if that's all you are about. we all breath the same atmosphere. what a load of BS. you're not only greedy and full of crap making money by fear mongering. You "warmer" are bullies and control freaks. .. and you aren't just a snob but an insufferable horses ass to boot. go to hell

HAHAHAHAHaaa....Pathetic Stephanie. Absolutely pathetic. This is a discussion board. If you don't want to hear responses like this one, then YOU should stop posting here.

The overwhelming evidence of thousands of published, peer reviewed scientific studies is that global warming is real and its primary cause is human CO2 emissions and deforestation. That warming presents a real threat to our children for generations to come. That's not fear mongering Stephanie, it's a fucking statement of fact. The oil companies have long ago admitted that they were financing deniers in a disinformation campaign precisely like that waged by "Intelligent Design" folks against evolution taught in public schools and the tobacco industry against public health. That there are fools like you out there that still claim to believe its all a hoax, that climate scientists in a breathtaking display of unity have been making all of this up for years and years without a single one over confessing to the crime is one of the great amazements of our time.

No, the consensus of computer derived fiction reports, produced by people who use those reports to generate their funding claim that man is the cause. There is NO SCIENCE that supports that claim however. Learn the difference jackass.
One side is spending money on research and mitigation measure. The other side is spending money on lobbying and PR.

And I disagree with your numbers. Over 583 million has been spent in the last decade funding AGW deniers spew. The portion of government AGW spending going to lobbying and PR is microscopic.

"What" is that the oil companies are spending an enormous amount of money to push the idea that climate science is uncertain or false and that taking action will destroy economies and cost jobs. The reason they do so is simple and obvious: survival. The money the world's governments are spending is financing research, new power and transportation technologies and mitigation measures. Which action do you believe is more beneficial to mankind as a whole. If you're not a complete fool, you will answer the latter.

you aren't you going to tell us all these years the oil companies hasn't being doing any research how to IMPROVE things with oil.

The oil companies primary research thrust has always been to find more oil and turn it into salable gasoline and other products at the minimum possible cost. They are a for-profit corporation with a responsibility to their stockholders to do nothing but. I'm sure along the way they have spent some of their hundreds of billions of dollars profit on humanitarian, pro-ecological, pro-wildlife and pro-environmental projects. Has that accomplished anything meaningful with regards to global warming? No. And now we have learned that their own scientists informed Exxon's management no later than the early 1980s that they believed CO2 emissions from burning their fuel would cause dangerous global warming. What was their response? Did they make that public? Did they warn government agencies? Did they finance research into higher mileage cars, more efficient power plants, sequestration technology? No, they financed deniers in a massive disinformation campaign. So, no, Stephanie, I am NOT going to tell you that the oil companies did "research on how to IMPROVE things with oil".

why can't you warmers use you windmills, electric cars etc and leave the people who want to us oil alone.

You've asked this question in various forms on several occasions. The answer is always the same. We all use the same atmosphere Stephanie. You don't get to foul our air and overheat our climate because you're ignorant and lazy and you don't get to benefit from our efforts, sacrifices and outlays without chipping in your share. We are all in the same boat. We all have to pay the piper.

you have force yourselves on other by all this the sky is falling. that's just shady

Were you drinking when you wrote this Stephanie; or very tired? Your syntax and grammar are poor. I have never been able to understand how someone could suspect thousands of scientists all (and I do mean ALL) lying and putting their very careers at risk for the sake of money and yet not have the slightest suspicion that the fossil fuel industries whose very existence, much less their profits, are directly and irrevocably threatened by the effort to reduce GHG emissions. How can you possibly believe that they wouldn't do SOMETHING to prevent being put out of business?

you know what. then stop replying to me if that's all you are about. we all breath the same atmosphere. what a load of BS. you're not only greedy and full of crap making money by fear mongering. You "warmer" are bullies and control freaks. .. and you aren't just a snob but an insufferable horses ass to boot. go to hell

HAHAHAHAHaaa....Pathetic Stephanie. Absolutely pathetic. This is a discussion board. If you don't want to hear responses like this one, then YOU should stop posting here.

The overwhelming evidence of thousands of published, peer reviewed scientific studies is that global warming is real and its primary cause is human CO2 emissions and deforestation. That warming presents a real threat to our children for generations to come. That's not fear mongering Stephanie, it's a fucking statement of fact. The oil companies have long ago admitted that they were financing deniers in a disinformation campaign precisely like that waged by "Intelligent Design" folks against evolution taught in public schools and the tobacco industry against public health. That there are fools like you out there that still claim to believe its all a hoax, that climate scientists in a breathtaking display of unity have been making all of this up for years and years without a single one over confessing to the crime is one of the great amazements of our time.

No, the consensus of computer derived fiction reports, produced by people who use those reports to generate their funding claim that man is the cause. There is NO SCIENCE that supports that claim however. Learn the difference jackass.

Why don't you learn the differance, you senile old fool. I posted a bunch of lectures from the AGU Conferance, from real scientists. And your response was to claim that 99% of the scientists do shit science. You have branded yourself a fool.

Forum List

Back