There's Never Been Another Fairy Tale Like the Bible.....Never Will

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
Take Solomon, who maintained 300 concubines or sex slaves. 1 Kings 11:3: “He had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray.” Led him astray! That’s all the Bible minded about this situation? Abducting 300 people and keeping them immured for sex? And the objection is only that they had a lot of diverse religions and interested Solomon in them? (By the way, this is proof that he wasn’t Jewish but just a legendary Canaanite polytheist).

Not only does the Bible authorize slavery and human trafficking, but it urges slaves to “submit themselves” to their masters. It should be remembered that masters had sexual rights over their property assuming the slave-woman was not betrothed to another, and so this advice is intended for concubines as well as other slaves. And, the Bible even suggests that slaves quietly accept sadism and cruelty from their masters: 1 Peter 2:18: “Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.”

Then there is Abraham, who made a sex slave of his wife’s slave, the Egyptian girl Hagar, and then abandoned her to cruel treatment.

Genesis 16:1-6:
Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian slave named Hagar; 2 so she said to Abram, “The Lord has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my slave; perhaps I can build a family through her.” Abram agreed to what Sarai said. 3 So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian slave Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife. 4 He slept with Hagar, and she conceived. When she knew she was pregnant, she began to despise her mistress. 5 Then Sarai said to Abram, “You are responsible for the wrong I am suffering. I put my slave in your arms, and now that she knows she is pregnant, she despises me. May the Lord judge between you and me.” 6 “Your slave is in your hands,” Abram said. “Do with her whatever you think best.” Then Sarai mistreated Hagar; so she fled from her.
So let’s get this straight. Abraham isn’t said to have married Hagar. Apparently he and Sarah had separate property, because Hagar remains her slave. So he slept with someone else’s slave and got her pregnant. And then when that caused trouble between his wife and her slave, he washed his hands of his property-lover and let his wife mistreat her. As we know from 1 Peter, Hagar was supposed graciously to put up with this, but she was made of fiercer stuff than that, and you really have to root for her in this rather sick family situation.
According to Mark 12:19, guys, if your brother kicks the bucket, you have to marry your sister-in-law and knock her up. Since the Bible approved of multiple wives, you have to do this even if you’re already married. If you think in-laws are hard to get along with now, try being married to them.
I don’t think this happens very much, but folks, in biblical marriage you might have to cut your wife’s hand off if she defends you too vigorously. That’s right. Say you’re at a bar and this big bald badass with tatoos starts smashing your face in. And say your wife likes you and wants to stop the guy from giving you a concussion. Say she reaches down and gets him by the privates. So the Bible would reward her for loyalty and bravery and fast thinking, right?

Nope. Now you have to cut off her hand. I mean have to. You’re not allowed to have a moment of weakness and think about how pretty her fingers are. Off with it.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12:11
If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

I’m not sure exactly what kind of weird marriage Deuteronomy is recommending, where certain actions taken by they wife to keep herself from being turned into a widow are punished by her husband by chopping off her hand.

And here’s a sixth bonus passage: The Bible doesn’t even approve of marriage at all! 1 Corinthians 7:8 “To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain single as I do.” Only the weak and unbiblical get married.

And as for getting married biblically, you can do that in all kinds of imaginative ways– take two wives and someone else’s sex slave as Abraham did, or 300 sex slaves as Solomon did (not to mention the 700 wives), or your brother’s widow in addition to your own wife. And remember, if your sex slave runs away because you’re cruel to the person, the Bible (Philemon) says that other people have the duty to return the slave to you, i.e. basically imposes the duty of trafficking slaves back to sadistic sex maniacs who exploit them. But if the owner is nice and a good Christian, he might consider letting the sex slave go. But he doesn’t have to.

Turns out the Mormons and their marital habits would seem mild compared to all this nonsense.

Take Solomon, who maintained 300 concubines or sex slaves. 1 Kings 11:3: “He had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray.” Led him astray! That’s all the Bible minded about this situation? Abducting 300 people and keeping them immured for sex? And the objection is only that they had a lot of diverse religions and interested Solomon in them? (By the way, this is proof that he wasn’t Jewish but just a legendary Canaanite polytheist).

Not only does the Bible authorize slavery and human trafficking, but it urges slaves to “submit themselves” to their masters. It should be remembered that masters had sexual rights over their property assuming the slave-woman was not betrothed to another, and so this advice is intended for concubines as well as other slaves. And, the Bible even suggests that slaves quietly accept sadism and cruelty from their masters: 1 Peter 2:18: “Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.”

Then there is Abraham, who made a sex slave of his wife’s slave, the Egyptian girl Hagar, and then abandoned her to cruel treatment.

Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian slave named Hagar; 2 so she said to Abram, “The Lord has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my slave; perhaps I can build a family through her.” Abram agreed to what Sarai said. 3 So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian slave Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife. 4 He slept with Hagar, and she conceived. When she knew she was pregnant, she began to despise her mistress. 5 Then Sarai said to Abram, “You are responsible for the wrong I am suffering. I put my slave in your arms, and now that she knows she is pregnant, she despises me. May the Lord judge between you and me.” 6 “Your slave is in your hands,” Abram said. “Do with her whatever you think best.” Then Sarai mistreated Hagar; so she fled from her.
So let’s get this straight. Abraham isn’t said to have married Hagar. Apparently he and Sarah had separate property, because Hagar remains her slave. So he slept with someone else’s slave and got her pregnant. And then when that caused trouble between his wife and her slave, he washed his hands of his property-lover and let his wife mistreat her. As we know from 1 Peter, Hagar was supposed graciously to put up with this, but she was made of fiercer stuff than that, and you really have to root for her in this rather sick family situation.
According to Mark 12:19, guys, if your brother kicks the bucket, you have to marry your sister-in-law and knock her up. Since the Bible approved of multiple wives, you have to do this even if you’re already married. If you think in-laws are hard to get along with now, try being married to them.
I don’t think this happens very much, but folks, in biblical marriage you might have to cut your wife’s hand off if she defends you too vigorously. That’s right. Say you’re at a bar and this big bald badass with tatoos starts smashing your face in. And say your wife likes you and wants to stop the guy from giving you a concussion. Say she reaches down and gets him by the privates. So the Bible would reward her for loyalty and bravery and fast thinking, right?

Nope. Now you have to cut off her hand. I mean have to. You’re not allowed to have a moment of weakness and think about how pretty her fingers are. Off with it.

If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

I’m not sure exactly what kind of weird marriage Deuteronomy is recommending, where certain actions taken by they wife to keep herself from being turned into a widow are punished by her husband by chopping off her hand.

And here’s a sixth bonus passage: The Bible doesn’t even approve of marriage at all! 1 Corinthians 7:8 “To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain single as I do.” Only the weak and unbiblical get married.

And as for getting married biblically, you can do that in all kinds of imaginative ways– take two wives and someone else’s sex slave as Abraham did, or 300 sex slaves as Solomon did (not to mention the 700 wives), or your brother’s widow in addition to your own wife. And remember, if your sex slave runs away because you’re cruel to the person, the Bible (Philemon) says that other people have the duty to return the slave to you, i.e. basically imposes the duty of trafficking slaves back to sadistic sex maniacs who exploit them. But if the owner is nice and a good Christian, he might consider letting the sex slave go. But he doesn’t have to.

Turns out the Mormons and their marital habits would seem mild compared to all this nonsense.
So what you're saying is this: Everything bad that happens in the Bible....everything evil that the Bible talks about is an approval by the Bible?

I think it's a good idea that anyone who decides to be a critic should first know the subject before they start pointing out flaws.

While you (OP poster) may have a point in certain areas of human reality, I think politics is a greater tale and I give you the current GOP batch as an example. But don't assume tales are only told in one party, both are confirmed myth makers. History is fascinating stuff and gives a lie to myth and tales. But history comes too late and is often forgotten or overlooked. Purposely for how else can mistakes be repeated over and over again. As far as an apology for Mormon polygamy goes, like much of life, on its surface it would seem fine, but when power and control enter the picture as they always do, evil often raises its head. It's these humans that are the problem, what to do, what to do....

"...[Winston] Blackmore [who leads a splinter Mormon group] has more than 20 wives. FLDS prophet Warren Jeffs, who is in jail in Utah, has more than 80." Rust Belt Philosophy: Paging Dan Savage?

So what you're saying is this: Everything bad that happens in the Bible....everything evil that the Bible talks about is an approval by the Bible?

By modern standards of course the conduct of Yahweh's chosen ones as reflected in jewish/christian bible was quite bizarre and evil. When Yahweh disapproved of something it generally resulted in dead bodies. In fact, one reason for the Old Testament which first began to be written 920 BCE was for the jewish mythologists to retroactively to give legitimacy to their brutal, barbaric behavior, because their fairy deity told them to do it.

I think it's a good idea that anyone who decides to be a critic should first know the subject before they start pointing out flaws.

Is there an error in the verses provided to support the bizarre behavior of jews and later of followers of the failed jewish messiah, jesus?

In terms of the mythology in the jewish/christian bible vs more ancient and more sophisticate myths like those of Ancient Greece, it is really strange the jewish/christian bible was adopted by the Roman Emperor Constantine. Did they realize Vespasian was "the beast" in Revelation and that Jesus failed to come back in the timeframe he promised? Did they know it would stagnate the Western World for centuries? What secret society was behind this fraud?

Today, of course, because of policies supported by "religious" politicians backed by The Lobby which elects them, we see The Koran is more dangerous and equally a fraud.

By modern standards of course the conduct of Yahweh's chosen ones as reflected in jewish/christian bible was quite bizarre and evil. When Yahweh disapproved of something it generally resulted in dead bodies. In fact, one reason for the Old Testament which first began to be written 920 BCE was for the jewish mythologists to retroactively to give legitimacy to their brutal, barbaric behavior, because their fairy deity told them to do it.

Is there an error in the verses provided to support the bizarre behavior of jews and later of followers of the failed jewish messiah, jesus?

In terms of the mythology in the jewish/christian bible vs more ancient and more sophisticate myths like those of Ancient Greece, it is really strange the jewish/christian bible was adopted by the Roman Emperor Constantine. Did they realize Vespasian was "the beast" in Revelation and that Jesus failed to come back in the timeframe he promised? Did they know it would stagnate the Western World for centuries? What secret society was behind this fraud?

Today, of course, because of policies supported by "religious" politicians backed by The Lobby which elects them, we see The Koran is more dangerous and equally a fraud.
Are these your own thoughts, or did they arrise at the prodding of a college professor who was obviously biased against Christians?

While you (OP poster) may have a point in certain areas of human reality, I think politics is a greater tale and I give you the current GOP batch as an example. But don't assume tales are only told in one party, both are confirmed myth makers. History is fascinating stuff and gives a lie to myth and tales. But history comes too late and is often forgotten or overlooked. Purposely for how else can mistakes be repeated over and over again. As far as an apology for Mormon polygamy goes, like much of life, on its surface it would seem fine, but when power and control enter the picture as they always do, evil often raises its head. It's these humans that are the problem, what to do, what to do....

"...[Winston] Blackmore [who leads a splinter Mormon group] has more than 20 wives. FLDS prophet Warren Jeffs, who is in jail in Utah, has more than 80." Rust Belt Philosophy: Paging Dan Savage?

Shucks Joseph Smith and Brigham Young made them look like second rate Mormons.....between them they had nearly 100 wives. All religions were initiated by men......I guess that's why women were relegated to submissive roles. Kinda reminds one of a gang of animals. You know...the Alpha or Dominant male thing:

gorilla-family.jpg

Last edited:

The Bible is major, ancient bullshit.....plain and simple!

I hate to disappoint you but you will not...THAT's NOT...rise up from the dead.

there error is in who wrote the bible, not that some of its content is not a means by one merit or another for attaining Admission to the Everlasting - and as yet to be deciffered for those attempting the worthy cause.

Then it's clear you don't understand what it says.

Yet archaeologists have found too much proof that the Bible isn't bullshit. Bible Evidences - Archeology

Seeing is believing for some.....which is why Jesus performed miracles. Even then, many of them found it difficult to believe he was who he said he was. The Hebrews saw God's work firsthand and still they had very little faith. That's why Israel has been punished so much throughout history. It is why genocide of Christians and Jews is a constant threat.

Man! The Devil has you in his corner. One hate thread after another. What a total piece of depravity.

Even His mortal enemies knew Christ could raise the dead. They attributed His ability to Satan. Which is the true meaning of blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

There are lots of similar fairy tales. The Bible actually plagiarizes some of them.

Yet archaeologists have found too much proof that the Bible isn't bullshit. Bible Evidences - Archeology

Seeing is believing for some.....which is why Jesus performed miracles. Even then, many of them found it difficult to believe he was who he said he was. The Hebrews saw God's work firsthand and still they had very little faith. That's why Israel has been punished so much throughout history. It is why genocide of Christians and Jews is a constant threat.

Miracles....LMAO!! Big Lies would be closer to the truth!

A ghost floating on a cloud meeting a bunch of dimwits in the air to escort them through pearly gates to an exclusive community.

The 2/3 - 3/4 who are sinners burning eternally in a lake of fire and brimstone.

A flood which covered the earth to a depth of five miles then evaporated within a few weeks....not to mention two of each species on the face of the earth on a home made boat.

Big fish puking up live men.

Seas separating for the good guys and drowning the bad guys chasing them.

Compound walls falling at the sound of a trumpet.

A human being turned into a pillar of salt in her tracks.

Men living through a 1200 degree furnace.

The earth standing still.

Ten commandments presented to one man by god in the form of a burning bush.

A man walking on water.

Feeding five thousand plus women and children who also ate with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers.

Water turned into fine wine.

Lepers healed by touching.

Selectively raising dead men.

Virgin birth.

Resurrection.

Are you kidding? Any science fiction movie would be easier to believe than that made up load of horse shit!

Last edited:

Miracles....LMAO!! Big Lies would be closer to the truth!

A ghost floating on a cloud meeting a bunch of dimwits in the air to escort them through pearly gates to an exclusive community.

The 2/3 - 3/4 who are sinners burning eternally in a lake of fire and brimstone.

A flood which covered the earth to a depth of five miles then evaporated within a few weeks....not to mention two of each species on the face of the earth on a home made boat.

Big fish puking up live men.

Seas separating for the good guys and drowning the bad guys chasing them.

Compound walls falling at the sound of a trumpet.

A human being turned into a pillar of salt in her tracks.

Men living through a 1200 degree furnace.

The earth standing still.

Ten commandments presented to one man by god in the form of a burning bush.

A man walking on water.

Feeding five thousand plus women and children who also ate with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers.

Water turned into fine wine.

Lepers healed by touching.

Selectively raising dead men.

Virgin birth.

Resurrection.

Are you kidding? Any science fiction movie would be easier to believe than that made up load of horse shit!
It's funny how some people think they have the answers to everything after experiencing so little.
I guess you must be a God a if you can prove none of this is possible.
That must mean if I were to kick you in the shin, you won't feel it.

There are lots of similar fairy tales. The Bible actually plagiarizes some of them.
How is that possible if every fairy-tale we know was written dozens of centuries after the Bible was written? Grimm's fairy-tales was published in 1812. The last book of the Old Testament was written 443 B.C. The last book of the New Testament was written 98 A.D.

Now explain how the Bible is a work of plagiarism from popular fairy-tales.

Actually, the Koran is a work of plagiarism from the Bible.

Last edited:
How is that possible if every fairy-tale we know was written dozens of centuries after the Bible was written? Grimm's fairy-tales was published in 1812. The last book of the Old Testament was written 443 B.C. The last book of the New Testament was written 98 A.D.

The goddam lying in the bible was the original fairy tale. It even puts jack and the Beanstalk to shame. At least ol Jack climbed the vine and didn't fly up to visit the ogre.

The goddam lying in the bible was the original fairy tale. It even puts jack and the Beanstalk to shame. At least ol Jack climbed the vine and didn't fly up to visit the ogre.
The Bible isn't a total literal history of events. Some portions are what are called parables intended to use imagery instead of recounting an actual historical fact.

Obviously, an incorrect genre judgment will lead one far astray in interpreting Scripture. A parable should not be treated as history, nor should poetry or prophesy (both of which contain many symbols) be treated as straightforward narrative. The wise interpreter allows his knowledge of genres to control how he approaches each individual biblical text. In this way, he can accurately determine what the biblical author was intending to communicate to the reader.​

Now, even though the Bible contains a variety of literary genres and many figures of speech, the biblical authors most often employed literal statements to convey their ideas. Where they use a literal means to express their ideas, the Bible expositor must employ a corresponding means to explain these ideas - namely, a literal approach. A literal method of interpreting Scripture gives to each word in the text the same basic meaning it would have in normal, ordinary, customary usage - whether employed in writing, speaking, or thinking. Without such a method, communication between God and man is impossible.​

The Eight Rules of Bible Interpretation

The Bible isn't a total literal history of events. Some portions are what are called parables intended to use imagery instead of recounting an actual historical fact.

Obviously, an incorrect genre judgment will lead one far astray in interpreting Scripture. A parable should not be treated as history, nor should poetry or prophesy (both of which contain many symbols) be treated as straightforward narrative. The wise interpreter allows his knowledge of genres to control how he approaches each individual biblical text. In this way, he can accurately determine what the biblical author was intending to communicate to the reader.​

Now, even though the Bible contains a variety of literary genres and many figures of speech, the biblical authors most often employed literal statements to convey their ideas. Where they use a literal means to express their ideas, the Bible expositor must employ a corresponding means to explain these ideas - namely, a literal approach. A literal method of interpreting Scripture gives to each word in the text the same basic meaning it would have in normal, ordinary, customary usage - whether employed in writing, speaking, or thinking. Without such a method, communication between God and man is impossible.​

The Eight Rules of Bible Interpretation

Which god is that

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism.
~Dr. Albert Einstein~

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding" ~Thomas Jefferson~

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any Church that I know of. My own mind is my Church."
~Thomas Paine~

"Christianity will doubtless still survive in the earth ten centuries hence--stuffed and in a museum." ~Mark Twain~~

Good people can do good and bad people can do evil. But for good people to do evil -- that takes religion.
~Steven Weinberg~

“I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty
Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord’s work.”
~Adolph Hitler~

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich."
~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Last edited:

Forum List

Back