‘There’s no rain’: Climate change threatens Iraq’s Bedouins

Do you even remember how to talk without vomiting a useless non sequitur? The fact that this specious fluff is all you have should be a warning to you. But I think that would take a degree of self-introspection that you are just not willing or able to employ.

1619897443708.png

After decades of listening to people like you say the world is going to be a barren wasteland in ten years and we're still here. Then you say you meant in another ten years and we're still here. I'm thinking that the non sequitur is actually your little progressive brain not getting the mockery you've made of science through all your scientific consensus taking.

So I mock you.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Attachments

• 1619897443764.png
    1619897443764.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 76
The wind whipped relentlessly across the open deserts of Muthanna province as Ali Thajeel moved his camel herd along the rugged plains in search of greenery.

Decades ago, he remembered, April was a time when the sandy soil turned into grazing land to allow his livestock to gain weight ahead of the scorching summer heat. But in recent years, his camels had to make do with scattered patches of scruffy grass.

“There’s no rain, and the land is dry. The grass has turned into desert. We have to sell some animals to buy food for the rest. This is what life has become,” said Thajeel, his kaffiyeh pulled tightly across his face to shield it from the dry, dusty air.

During our two-day trip across Muthanna’s deserts, nomadic herders painted a grim picture of an increasingly uninhabitable environment, where temperature increases and erratic rains have eroded the sustenance of animals and humans alike.

Every so often we win a Bedouin movie and how that lifestyle is changing. I don't want to get into the entire climate change debate personally. Since it can't be determined how long it will take to change the climate with all of these restrictions then there really isn't an argument. However, there was a point that was mentioned here that I am starting to also see in movies involving the Bedouin. The kids don't want to do it anymore. There was an Israeli (I think) movie where the daughter attended college and her boyfriend was also in college. That has to be the biggest driving force behind the changes in that lifestyle.
This is the nuance of climate change that seems to escape so many people. They think, "Oh well, if we change the climate quickly, people will just move to where the climate is more suitable." It just does not work that way, in the short term. In the short term, people suffer.
No. That's not where I was at. You have no way of measuring or even identifying what success looks like here. That is the issue that I have had with it. That's also why I didn't want to discuss it.

The wind whipped relentlessly across the open deserts of Muthanna province as Ali Thajeel moved his camel herd along the rugged plains in search of greenery.

Decades ago, he remembered, April was a time when the sandy soil turned into grazing land to allow his livestock to gain weight ahead of the scorching summer heat. But in recent years, his camels had to make do with scattered patches of scruffy grass.

“There’s no rain, and the land is dry. The grass has turned into desert. We have to sell some animals to buy food for the rest. This is what life has become,” said Thajeel, his kaffiyeh pulled tightly across his face to shield it from the dry, dusty air.

During our two-day trip across Muthanna’s deserts, nomadic herders painted a grim picture of an increasingly uninhabitable environment, where temperature increases and erratic rains have eroded the sustenance of animals and humans alike.

Every so often we win a Bedouin movie and how that lifestyle is changing. I don't want to get into the entire climate change debate personally. Since it can't be determined how long it will take to change the climate with all of these restrictions then there really isn't an argument. However, there was a point that was mentioned here that I am starting to also see in movies involving the Bedouin. The kids don't want to do it anymore. There was an Israeli (I think) movie where the daughter attended college and her boyfriend was also in college. That has to be the biggest driving force behind the changes in that lifestyle.
This is the nuance of climate change that seems to escape so many people. They think, "Oh well, if we change the climate quickly, people will just move to where the climate is more suitable." It just does not work that way, in the short term. In the short term, people suffer.
This right here is the idiocy of clueless climate crusaders.

Even the initiates of the Climate religion say that climate change is happening on a scale measured in centuries.

So, in the short term, people have ample time to adjust.

What is amusing is the before the crusades against the infidel science followers of the climate crusaders, people faced hard changes in regional climate changes.

Were you aware, that once the Sahara was green and lush and that a shift in the Earth's axis laid waste to all the northern part of that continent? That these changes took centuries and lead the isolated groups and herders into the Nile river basin where the Kingdoms of Egypt finally emerged?

The climate changes. It has been doing so for approx 5 billion years.

But you do not seem to recognize the previous natural climate changes that took hundreds of thousands of years are now being made to happen in just hundreds of years?

Even the initiates of the Climate religion say that climate change is happening on a scale measured in centuries.
Actually, they say it is happening on all time scales. The worry is that we are making some very fast changes that are going to cause problems for humans.

After so much time of this topic being accessible to the public, I should not have to explain that to a functioning, rational adult who is not lobotomized.
The problem is, they cannot prove it is Mankind causing the changes. And they do say in centuries. The whole position is that we are going to raise the global mean temperature 1 degree C by the end of this centure.

Although, none of them can tell us what the actual global temperature is supposed to be.

Sure we can prove it is the human increase in cabon in the atmosphere by 500 trillion tons a years that is doing it.
How could it not?
We all know how greenhouse gases work, and CO2 is a greenhouse gas.
It changes the frequency of sunlight from photonic energy into vibratory energy that can't escape the atmosphere.

We can tell there is a 110,000 year long cycle, and we broke it.
It is now going hotter than it has every been in the last 12 of these cycles.

No. That's not where I was at. You have no way of measuring or even identifying what success looks like here. That is the issue that I have had with it. That's also why I didn't want to discuss it.

Sure we have a way of measuring and identifying success.
It means we stay in the normal 110,000 year long warming and cooling cycle.
But the problem is we broke it.
We were already in the warming part of the cycle, and we started another one on top of that, instead of letting it cool.

Tell the CCP to cut their CO2 emissions

Do you even remember how to talk without vomiting a useless non sequitur? The fact that this specious fluff is all you have should be a warning to you. But I think that would take a degree of self-introspection that you are just not willing or able to employ.

View attachment 486024

After decades of listening to people like you say the world is going to be a barren wasteland in ten years and we're still here. Then you say you meant in another ten years and we're still here. I'm thinking that the non sequitur is actually your little progressive brain not getting the mockery you've made of science through all your scientific consensus taking.

So I mock you.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Look at disappearing ICE in the arctic and hot spots for extreme drought .

There's a problem even in the American West.

What is amusing is the before the crusades against the infidel science followers of the climate crusaders, people faced hard changes in regional climate changes.

Were you aware, that once the Sahara was green and lush and that a shift in the Earth's axis laid waste to all the northern part of that continent? That these changes took centuries and lead the isolated groups and herders into the Nile river basin where the Kingdoms of Egypt finally emerged?

But you do not seem to recognize the previous natural climate changes that took hundreds of thousands of years are now being made to happen in just hundreds of years?

because CO2 is so powerful and now drives the climate?

Bedouins have been desert dwellers for a gazillion years. And yes it doesn't rain much in the desert.​

Because they are NOT happening in just hundreds of years. You can mak the claim all you like, but conspiracies are conspiracies.

The Sahara turned into a desert as the glaciers retreated.
No it was still green long after the Glaciers retreated most of the way back (which has not been in Africa for millions of years) The Sahara was Green starting around 12,000 BCE. ended around 1,000 BCE

When the Sahara was Green

It is forecasted to be green again in roughly 10,000 years from now, yes it has happened several times in the past already.

No it was still green long after the Glaciers retreated most of the way back (which has not been in Africa for millions of years) The Sahara was Green starting around 12,000 BCE.

It is forecasted to be green again in roughly 10,000 years from now, yes it has happened several times in the past already.

When there were glaciers in the north Arabia was a Savanna with shallow lakes and wadis. There were no glaciers on the Arabian Peninsula.

Bedouins have been desert dwellers for a gazillion years. And yes it doesn't rain much in the desert.​

Bedouin have to have a symbiotic relationship with people who live in towns and villages and/or Oases to survive.

No it was still green long after the Glaciers retreated most of the way back (which has not been in Africa for millions of years) The Sahara was Green starting around 12,000 BCE.

When there were glaciers in the north Arabia was a Savanna with shallow lakes and wadis. There were no glaciers on the Arabian Peninsula.

That was MILLIONS of years ago.... LOL

That was MILLIONS of years ago.... LOL

The Arabian Peninsula was a savanna 10,000-14,000 years ago. They effing excel in Geology as you probably know.

New Topics

Forum List

Back