Zone1 There's no rational, reasoned argument for a ban on AR15s (2)

152 shots by the Nashville shooter with an AR-15 shows different.
As far as I know the Nashville shooter didn't use an AR-15, he used a Keltec Sub2000 carbine in 9mm pistol caliber, a 9mm Smith and Wesson Shield handgun and a Lead Star Arms Grunt 16" .223. He seems to have done all the killing with the 9mms, not the .223 which he seems to have used to shoot up the door.

What would need to be changed if it was originally designed to be semi-auto?
You'll figure it out.

But, your question about designs (plural) has been settled. And not in your favor. The semi automatic weapon was designed specifically for civilians and LEOs. As is any modern day semi automatic.

As far as I know the Nashville shooter didn't use an AR-15, he used a Keltec Sub2000 carbine in 9mm pistol caliber, a 9mm Smith and Wesson Shield handgun and a Lead Star Arms Grunt 16" .223. He seems to have done all the killing with the 9mms, not the .223 which he seems to have used to shoot up the door.
Seems like the problem was the .223, semi autos AND high capacity magazines.

Only because of magazine capacity. If one really wants to, they can also get magazines for pistols that carry 15 and 30 rounds per mag., but any skilled shooter can swap 6-8 round capacity mags in like 1-2 seconds showing that these shooters are not trained nor skilled.
Very true. I carry two 15 round spare magazines of Federal LE/Person Defense in my shoulder holster, a capacity of 46 rnds as I carry with 15 and 1.

Very true. I carry two 15 round spare magazines of Federal LE/Person Defense in my shoulder holster, a capacity of 46 rnds as I carry with 15 and 1.

9mm - 30 round mag fully inserted. I also have 15 round mags that go in completely like the standard mag.

P5104202.JPG

What would need to be changed if it was originally designed to be semi-auto?
The COLT Ar 15 was designed to be a civilian model.

Operationally, the only thing you can say that was definitely designed for combat was the 5.56 round. And the original Sporter was chambered in .223. In that weapon using 5.56 would cause issues concerning pressure. May jam and malfunction.

Sure -- if you want to put people you disagree with into boxcars, there's a great argument for banning all guns.
Those people are why we have the 2nd Amendment,

I made one argument, the one in the OP
And, apparently, you know you cannot argue against it.
Feel free to demonstrate otherwise.

So, you pick the example of German fascism. "If we don't have guns, this one example is what WILL happen", and yet a place like the UK doesn't have many guns, and didn't turn into German fascism, did it?
You made an argument, and I'm arguing against it. By arguing against it you're telling me I can't argue against it. That seems a little weird.

Just because my argument is pointing out the tactic that you're using... doesn't mean it's not an argument.

Secondly, I don't necessarily disagree with you. Banning one gun type and not banning others isn't going to solve the problem. However I'm expanding the argument beyond that because we can't just go around talking only about one thing we probably agree on.

I feel we agree for different reasons, hence why I brought up that you're saying we shouldn't ban one type of gun because you don't want any type of gun to be banned, whereas I'm saying we shouldn't ban one type of gun, we should ban a lot more, or all types of guns.....

See?

You didn't understand....try reading it again....perhaps have a small child read it to you........

No, it doesnt and if you inderstood the issue you would know this....

Nashville

AR-15 rifle 6 killed

Kerch, Russia

5 shot, pump action shotgun, not a rifle, no magazine

20 killed

Navy Yard shooting

5 shot, pump action shotgun,not a rifle, no magazine

12 killed

The gun does not determine how many are killed and you have been explained this over and over

The amount of time the killer has in a gun free zone before someone shoota and stops them determines how many get killed as the two example above show.
Again, with an AR-15 the shooter got off 152 rounds in 10 minutes.

Are you hoping for better?

Again, with an AR-15 the shooter got off 152 rounds in 10 minutes.

Are you hoping for better?

And again.....

You didn't understand....try reading it again....perhaps have a small child read it to you........

Nashville

AR-15 rifle 6 killed

Kerch, Russia

20 killed

Navy Yard shooting

12 killed

Cumbria shooting in Britain...

...no semi-auto rifle...... Double barrel shotgun, bolt action rifle

13 killed, 11 injured....

Santa Fe, High school shooting....

No rifle, pump action shotgun, .38 caliber revolver

10 killed

The gun does not determine how many are killed and you have been explained this over and over

The amount of time the killer has in a gun free zone before someone shoota and stops them determines how many get killed as the two example above show.

Last edited:
And again.....

Nashville

AR-15 rifle 6 killed

Kerch, Russia

20 killed

Navy Yard shooting

12 killed

10 killed

Again, the Nashville shooter got off 152 rounds in less than 10 minutes while you offer propaganda wanting more time for a murder with a different weapon.

Again, the Nashville shooter got off 152 rounds in less than 10 minutes while you offer propaganda wanting more time for a murder with a different weapon.

No....I am offering facts....

The gun doesn't matter........as I keep pointing out to you over and over again. The distances involved mean that a rifle loses all of its advantages, and since the mass shooter selects gun free zones, they are usually unmolested in their killing until 14 minutes, sometimes longer, the police show up with guns to distract and stop the killer.

Since the gun free zone allows them free time to murder, any gun will allow them to kill a lot of people.....the choice of the rifle is simply a reaction to people like you, giving the rifle an undeserved reputation as a go to weapon for killing people.....take away the rifle, and as I have repeatedly shown you, they can and will kill just as many people as with a rifle......

Luby's cafe....

24 killed with 2 pistols, and concealing and moving to a target location are far easier with pistols

Virginia Tech....

32 killed with 2 pistols.....

You focus on the gun........ I am focusing on the target location. If you simply take away the gun free status of the target, the mass public shooter will not chose it as their target.

How do we know this....

From the left wing, democrat party, transgender killers own manifesto........the democrat chose this school in Nashville because it had zero security.......the democrat had looked at two other schools, and opted not to attack them because they had more security....

By blindly focusing on the gun used, you will allow more children to be killed.....

But....we know what the you really want.........you don't care about the dead kids...in fact, the more dead kids, the easier it is for you to stampede uninformed people into giving you more power and control....

You want to ban the AR-15 because it is functionally no different from the semi-automatic pistol or shotgun....so after you get the AR-15 banned, you will come back and demand all semi-automatic weapons be banned...some of your more impulsive gun control friends have already called for this, rather than being patient and getting the AR-15 banned first...

So your buddies have given away the game, and you can keep pretending to care about kids...but while you focus on the gun, we will try to protect children from mass public shooters and your blindness...

No...the problem was the gun free zone.......notice that in the below record of mass public shootings.......shotguns murdered more people than rifles with magazines did....

How is this possible?

The gun doesn't matter........as I keep pointing ......... The distances involved mean that a rifle loses all of its advantages, and since the mass shooter selects gun free zones, they are usually unmolested in their killing until 14 minutes, sometimes longer, until the police show up with guns to distract and stop the killer, or an armed civilian on scene with a gun distracts or stops the killer....

Since the gun free zone allows them free time to murder, any gun will allow them to kill a lot of people.....the choice of the rifle is simply a reaction to people like you, giving the rifle an undeserved reputation as a go to weapon for killing people.....take away the rifle, and as I have repeatedly shown you, they can and will kill just as many people as with a rifle......

Luby's cafe....

24 killed with 2 pistols, and concealing and moving to a target location are far easier with pistols

Virginia Tech....

You focus on the gun........ I am focusing on the target location. If you simply take away the gun free status of the target, the mass public shooter will not chose it as their target.

Nashville

AR-15 rifle 6 killed

Kerch, Russia

20 killed

Navy Yard shooting

12 killed

10 killed

You have to explain the following.........how did 5 shot, pump action shotguns and bolt action rifles, and 2 shot shotguns, murder more people than rifles with magazines?

No...the problem was the gun free zone.......notice that in the below record of mass public shootings.......shotguns murdered more people than rifles with magazines did....

How is this possible?

The gun doesn't matter........as I keep pointing ......... The distances involved mean that a rifle loses all of its advantages, and since the mass shooter selects gun free zones, they are usually unmolested in their killing until 14 minutes, sometimes longer, until the police show up with guns to distract and stop the killer, or an armed civilian on scene with a gun distracts or stops the killer....

Luby's cafe....

Virginia Tech....

Nashville

AR-15 rifle 6 killed

Kerch, Russia

20 killed

Navy Yard shooting

12 killed

10 killed

So, you pick the example of German fascism. "If we don't have guns, this one example is what WILL happen", and yet a place like the UK doesn't have many guns, and didn't turn into German fascism, did it?
You made an argument, and I'm arguing against it. By arguing against it you're telling me I can't argue against it. That seems a little weird.

Just because my argument is pointing out the tactic that you're using... doesn't mean it's not an argument.

Secondly, I don't necessarily disagree with you. Banning one gun type and not banning others isn't going to solve the problem. However I'm expanding the argument beyond that because we can't just go around talking only about one thing we probably agree on.

I feel we agree for different reasons, hence why I brought up that you're saying we shouldn't ban one type of gun because you don't want any type of gun to be banned, whereas I'm saying we shouldn't ban one type of gun, we should ban a lot more, or all types of guns.....

See?

and yet a place like the UK doesn't have many guns, and didn't turn into German fascism, did it?

Yet.......

You think that this will never happen in the U.K.?

How do you know......?

Germany began registering, banning and confiscating guns in the 1920s, by the mid 1930s they began the process of murdering 15 million innocent men, women and children across Europe.....barely 15 years....that is how quickly a government can turn to mass murder.......

Dittos Russia...never a good place, but from 1917 going forward they murdered 25 million people.....

You are willing to bet a country that just arrested the opposition leader of a rival political party can never turn to mass murder, even though they turned loose brown shirts to burn, loot and murder in cities across the country for a whole year...............

That is the bet you are willing to take.....and we are not...

our guns will slow that down, and stop it eventually when it finally happens.

Hilarious

Fuckup

Really the gun doesn't matter????

Yeah, so, why has no mass murderer chosen a ball and musket...

I showed how the gun doesnt matter but you just want to ban guns.......

I showed you with actual mass public shootings with shotguns and bolt action rifles and you pretend that those real world examples dont count.....cause yiu want to ban guns

Every time an AR15 is used in a mass shooting - and quite often, even when they aren't - the anti-gun left, in a pre-packaged reactionary response , screams from a ban on same, complete with "information" designed to evoke an emotional response, and, they hope, gain your support for said ban.

What do they NOT tell you?

-American civilians own ~20,000,000 AR15s
-Of the 636 mas shootings in the US, 2022, 8 involved an AR15
-OF the 660 people killed in those mass shootings 54 were killed with an AR15.
[ SOURCES NOTED BELOW ]

Why do they not tell you this?

Because they know there's no sound argument for the ban they call for.
Because they know they need to prey on the emotions of the ignorant to move their ban forward
Because they know preying on the emotions of the ignorant works.
Because they don't care about mass shootings or the people in them - they just want to ban AR15s.

There's no rational, reasoned argument for a ban on AR15s; those who support said ban, in their responses, will demonstrate the truth of this statement.

20,000,000 AR15s:
Mass shootings as defined by:
Mass Shootings in 2022 | Gun Violence Archive
Supplemental / detailed information from;
US mass shootings, 1982–2022: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation
There's also no rational, reasoned argument in favor of possessing an AR 15.

Possessing an AR 15 is a want, not a ‘need’ – and there’s nothing wrong with that; citizens are entitled to exercise a fundamental right without being required to ‘justify’ exercising that right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

It’s therefore silly and unnecessary to try to ‘justify’ possessing an AR 15 in an effort to oppose bans – there are other firearms better suited for self-defense and one isn’t going to deter ‘government tyranny’ with a semi-automatic carbine.

Last, there’s no political will in Washington to enact a ‘new’ AWB; and bans at the state level will soon be struck down by the Supreme Court – in fact, topics about ‘banning’ AR 15s are likewise silly and unnecessary.

There's also no rational, reasoned argument in favor of possessing an AR 15.

Possessing an AR 15 is a want, not a ‘need’ – and there’s nothing wrong with that; citizens are entitled to exercise a fundamental right without being required to ‘justify’ exercising that right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

It’s therefore silly and unnecessary to try to ‘justify’ possessing an AR 15 in an effort to oppose bans – there are other firearms better suited for self-defense and one isn’t going to deter ‘government tyranny’ with a semi-automatic carbine.

Last, there’s no political will in Washington to enact a ‘new’ AWB; and bans at the state level will soon be struck down by the Supreme Court – in fact, topics about ‘banning’ AR 15s are likewise silly and unnecessary.

Wrong....

Ask an actual expert....

Forum List

Back