These Panhandlers Are Welcome ANYTIME!

I feed deer every morning and evening but I have never tried to bond with them. Every few years one will want to walk up to me but I put a stop to it. It isn't about me. It is about their safety to not become too comfortable with people. That is a good way for them to become dinner in our area because there is always going to be someone looking to kill one just because it is the easiest one to get.

I feed deer every morning and evening but I have never tried to bond with them. Every few years one will want to walk up to me but I put a stop to it. It isn't about me. It is about their safety to not become too comfortable with people. That is a good way for them to become dinner in our area because there is always going to be someone looking to kill one just because it is the easiest one to get.
Deer are ever more becoming pets for folks. Out here most folks have @ least a herd of deer on their farms. On the bigger farms(1/4-1/2 section of land) there are multiple herds. 'ALL' the farms on the plateau are posted so our deer are 3rd/4th/5th generation deer. We watch over them but the coyotes/wolves are still a threat to them. The wolves follow our resident elk herd when they come down out of the mountains to winter on our farms. As soon as the elk head up into the mountains the wolves follow them & that drops the danger threat for our resident White-Tailed deer. In all reality these farm deer herds are for the most part semi-domesticated to outright domesticated farm pets.

Below; our resident elk herd. They are of the Rocky Mountain Species definitely not the Roosevelt species. The structure with the four white colored columns to the left in the vid is our local "Lake Wolf Creamery", with their registered Jersey cows & WORLD CLASS CHEESE assortments, like check them out below.

The below vids are not from our area as far as I know.

*** Family Rescues a Deer that Changes Their Life

This deer was playing with his kids outside â¤ï¸ @Harrisweldingandfriends

deer sleeping in bed

Thanks for being so considerate about the safety for our deer like that means a LOT to me! Take care, till next time!

Forum List

Back