They almost had me! Almost fooled by an anti-carry sign . . .

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Living in the Houston area, many chains or large businesses have signs forbidding entrance by gun carriers. Often they are at floor level in the window as if the local manager knows that such a sign is practically tantamount to "No Texans," which is not a great idea in Houston.

I used to scrupulously honor such signs, on the grounds of respecting private property. But I realized that I'm being a sucker, because people who hang such signs are likely Democrats who have no respect for my private property. Now, my policy is to ignore such signs unless they also have a sign guaranteeing my safety while unarmed, and promising to take care of my family if I'm killed because they prevented me from defending myself.

I'm going into a local mall that is in decline and sure enough there is such a sign at ground level. It says "enforced by uniformed security and firearms detecting dogs." I had a senior moment and thought "gun-sniffing dogs? Holy crap, I don't want to be sniffed out and ejected from the mall." I started to go back to my vehicle, thinking whether it was worth it to lock my gun up, and thinking how I should have pretended to get a call and then turned around because anyone watching might deduce that I was going to lock up my gun having seen the sign and steal my car.

Then, I finally snapped and thought, 'gun-sniffing dogs? That mall can barely afford to keep its light on anymore, they aren't going to have any gun-sniffing dogs.' You have to be constantly on guard with the leftists, always trying to slip one past you.

You did the right thing by not returning your gun to your car. that just gives theives a chance to steal it. As for businesses with those stupid signs, I put them in the same category as companies requiring skilled employees to sign 'non-compete' clauses in a right to work state; i.e. just another unenforceable bullshit demand.

"Gun-sniffing dogs..." :laughing0301:

I generally disregard the signs too, except in a post office, police department, or on a public school grounds. You're probably more at risk in a business that's posted, than anywhere else.

OIP.pzV5apcV-D3dkUJW6UkhFwAAAA

Good doggy. ;)

Living in the Houston area, many chains or large businesses have signs forbidding entrance by gun carriers. Often they are at floor level in the window as if the local manager knows that such a sign is practically tantamount to "No Texans," which is not a great idea in Houston.

I used to scrupulously honor such signs, on the grounds of respecting private property. But I realized that I'm being a sucker, because people who hang such signs are likely Democrats who have no respect for my private property. Now, my policy is to ignore such signs unless they also have a sign guaranteeing my safety while unarmed, and promising to take care of my family if I'm killed because they prevented me from defending myself.
There's little doubt that you won't be safe without your gun. The signs need to be taken down to allow America's great experiment on guns to come to fruition!

They are called 30-06 signs in Tejas.....I just ignore the ones here in Virginia for the most part.
30.06 for concealed carry. 30.07 for open carry. Don't see many of them now although 30.07s are around a little.
I'd love to see what that had "no bang sticks partner!"

No Gun signs attract mass murderers looking for a shooting gallery where they will have a few minutes before someone returns fire.

Yes. Morons who post them should be bankrupted when their policies get somebody shot or killed. If they're DEmocrats then they should get the Chauvin Treatment, railroaded into prison til they die.

Yes. Morons who post them should be bankrupted when their policies get somebody shot or killed. If they're DEmocrats then they should get the Chauvin Treatment, railroaded into prison til they die.
Or at least required to have well trained armed security present in their establishment.

Or at least required to have well trained armed security present in their establishment.

Yes, that would be the responsible choice for those who want to object to such legal rights as concealed carry. I'm not a fan of 'open carry', so don't care if private property owners want to object to that.

Yes, that would be the responsible choice for those who want to object to such legal rights as concealed carry. I'm not a fan of 'open carry', so don't care if private property owners want to object to that.
Open carry has advantages in places like Florida where unfortunately it it‘s still illegal. It is hard to conceal a full sized weapon in the Florida heat and often when you do the fact that you are quite possibly packing heat is revealed by your clothing.

However carrying a full sized 1911 style pistol is a pain in the ass. If open carry was legal I would likely leave my .45 auto behind in safe and carry my snub nosed S&W .38 Airweight revolver in a pocket holster just as I do today.

Open carry has advantages in places like Florida where unfortunately it it‘s still illegal. It is hard to conceal a full sized weapon in the Florida heat and often when you do the fact that you are quite possibly packing heat is revealed by your clothing.

However carrying a full sized 1911 style pistol is a pain in the ass. If open carry was legal I would likely leave my .45 auto behind in safe and carry my snub nosed S&W .38 Airweight revolver in a pocket holster just as I do today.

Concealed carry is the best choice. If they don't know you're carrying they can't wait until squeezing the tomatoes or something and take you by surprise and use your weapon to kill people with.

"Gun-sniffing dogs..." :laughing0301:

I generally disregard the signs too, except in a post office, police department, or on a public school grounds. You're probably more at risk in a business that's posted, than anywhere else.
In those buildings it is against the law. When a private business has the sign and they see your gun they can ask you to leave. In many states if you don't the worst your charge will be trespassing.

Forum List

Back