They are starting to jump ship at the whitehouse

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
No one with half a brain wants to be part of what has become of this lunatic administration

Even in a West Wing that has already earned a reputation as a secretive, treacherous, Game of Thrones-esque place to work, the last few weeks have been a particularly trying time for the beleaguered members of President Trump's senior staff. As rumors of a forthcoming shakeup persist and Republican operative types are pining anonymously (for now) for President Pence in conversations with journalists, staffers are already doing what every disgruntled and terrified employee of a sinking ship does: planning ahead.

From the Washington Post:

Some White House staffers have turned to impeachment gallows humor. Other mid-level aides have started contacting consultants, shopping their résumés. And at least one senior staffer has begun privately talking to friends about what a post-White House job would look like, according to two people close to the staffer.

Donald Trump's White House Staffers Are Reportedly Putting Out Feelers for New Jobs

No one with half a brain wants to be part of what has become of this lunatic administration

Even in a West Wing that has already earned a reputation as a secretive, treacherous, Game of Thrones-esque place to work, the last few weeks have been a particularly trying time for the beleaguered members of President Trump's senior staff. As rumors of a forthcoming shakeup persist and Republican operative types are pining anonymously (for now) for President Pence in conversations with journalists, staffers are already doing what every disgruntled and terrified employee of a sinking ship does: planning ahead.

Some White House staffers have turned to impeachment gallows humor. Other mid-level aides have started contacting consultants, shopping their résumés. And at least one senior staffer has begun privately talking to friends about what a post-White House job would look like, according to two people close to the staffer.

Donald Trump's White House Staffers Are Reportedly Putting Out Feelers for New Jobs

Yep, and they had better lawyer up ASAP. Some may not be able to afford it - but they had better have a phone number ready.

Someone is going to become a millionaire by writing a book about these folks. And, ya know, no matter how dirty you think the White House is, you kind of know in the back of your mind that it is just going to get dirtier and dirtier when all of the facts come out.

No. “Dirty” isn’t the best word to use. Pathetic is probably a better word. Like Trump’s reasoning for demoting the JCS chairman from the NSC. That should be a chapter in and of itself.

Journalist Molly Ball asked a longtime House GOP staffer where things are headed. He said, "This is like Reservoir Dogs. Everyone ends up dead on the floor."

No! No! No!....The White House is running like a well-oiled machine.

Steady, Nelly! Just take your medications and all the little pink horses will soon stop flying around. Do they actually pay you to pump out this pure puke or are you simply that gullible to believe anything they print? One thing is for sure though is that there will be no slackers in Trump's White House. The guy puts in a 20 hour day and if you can't keep up, you ass is out!!!

Steady, Nelly! Just take your medications and all the little pink horses will soon stop flying around. Do they actually pay you to pump out this pure puke or are you simply that gullible to believe anything they print? One thing is for sure though is that there will be no slackers in Trump's White House. The guy puts in a 20 hour day and if you can't keep up, you ass is out!!!
Trump aides: he watches TV most of the day.

It's really a damn shame that the once venerated Washington Post has been reduced to a freaking tabloid relating anonymous junk by unverified "staffers". No wonder nobody trusts the Post for real hard news anymore. It's worse than fake.

200_s.gif

Someone is going to become a millionaire by writing a book about these folks. And, ya know, no matter how dirty you think the White House is, you kind of know in the back of your mind that it is just going to get dirtier and dirtier when all of the facts come out.

No. “Dirty” isn’t the best word to use. Pathetic is probably a better word. Like Trump’s reasoning for demoting the JCS chairman from the NSC. That should be a chapter in and of itself.

Why would you think that another book about the MOB (Corporate America) and their enforcers (Republicans) would make anyone a millionaire? Anyone with a brain already knows this.

if Trump intends to clear up this Russian debacle he better cut some taxes ... :eusa_whistle:

When the water has risen to your lower lip, what will you be preaching then? I'll archive this post and get back to you at the appropriate time just before you go completely under!

These people are going to have to try to hide and downplay their stint working at the White House. "So where did you work last?" "Well, I was in latex, yes I manufactured latex and latex products." "What was the name of the company?" "Uh, Vandalay Indutries".

These people are going to have to try to hide and downplay their stint working at the White House. "So where did you work last?" "Well, I was in latex, yes I manufactured latex and latex products." "What was the name of the company?" "Uh, Vandalay Indutries".

importer, uh, import/export ..

snick

Donovan dropping out as Trump's nominee for deputy Treasury secretary
Source: Politico

By BEN WHITE 05/19/2017 02:40 PM EDT

NEW YORK — Jim Donovan is dropping out as President Donald Trump’s nominee to serve as deputy Treasury secretary.

The Goldman Sachs executive, nominated in March to serve as Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s No. 2, informed the White House this week that he could not take the job due to family concerns. He was expected to play a critical role in helping shape the administration’s tax reform policy through Capitol Hill.

"I am deeply honored by President Trump's decision to nominate me as Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Treasury,” Donovan said in a statement. “However, at this time I want to focus on my family, and I can no longer accept it. I hope to be able to serve this administration in the future and fully support President Trump and Secretary Steven Mnuchin's ongoing work to reform the tax system and grow the U.S. economy.”

Donovan’s departure will come as the administration struggles to push the focus back to its major policy initiatives and away from a series of revelations about the administration and Russia.

Read more: Donovan dropping out as Trump's nominee for deputy Treasury secretary

Donovan dropping out as Trump's nominee for deputy Treasury secretary
Source: Politico

By BEN WHITE 05/19/2017 02:40 PM EDT

NEW YORK — Jim Donovan is dropping out as President Donald Trump’s nominee to serve as deputy Treasury secretary.

The Goldman Sachs executive, nominated in March to serve as Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s No. 2, informed the White House this week that he could not take the job due to family concerns. He was expected to play a critical role in helping shape the administration’s tax reform policy through Capitol Hill.

"I am deeply honored by President Trump's decision to nominate me as Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Treasury,” Donovan said in a statement. “However, at this time I want to focus on my family, and I can no longer accept it. I hope to be able to serve this administration in the future and fully support President Trump and Secretary Steven Mnuchin's ongoing work to reform the tax system and grow the U.S. economy.”

Donovan’s departure will come as the administration struggles to push the focus back to its major policy initiatives and away from a series of revelations about the administration and Russia.

Read more: Donovan dropping out as Trump's nominee for deputy Treasury secretary
Uh oh. This is where Trump's credibility and good name are needed--to get good people to work for him. I don't know who this guy was, but I can't imagine he'll get anyone stellar as Dir. of the FBI, either. Who would want it, at this point?

Forum List

Back