They're suing the schooll?

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
Family to Sue School District After 12-Year-Old Daughter’s Suicide

"The parents of Mallory Grossman, a 12-year-old who took her own life after what they say was relentless cyberbullying, said that they are suing their local school district for allegedly not doing enough to help."

The school wasn't doing enough to help?

Where were YOU mom and dad?

what were YOU doing that you didn't see it coming?

When you trust the state to raise your children, that's what happen. Sad but true.

"The parents of Mallory Grossman, a 12-year-old who took her own life after what they say was relentless cyberbullying, said that they are suing their local school district for allegedly not doing enough to help."

I wanted to read the article, this to see if any of the cyberbullying was from children at this girl's school, or was the cyberbullying not involving anything regarding the school.

But there is no article, it's a video that won't allow me to watch it, so that is that.

upload_2017-8-3_1-14-41.png

I wanted to read the article, this to see if any of the cyberbullying was from children at this girl's school, or was the cyberbullying not involving anything regarding the school.

But there is no article, it's a video that won't allow me to watch it, so that is that.

View attachment 141743

Found it on Youtube :

So the schools own the net? Guess you mods know where your money is. Good luck!

This is why I was hoping to determine if any of the cyberbullies were also at this girl's school, if you have Anti-Bullying policies in American schools?

This is why I was hoping to determine if any of the cyberbullies were also at this girl's school, if you have Anti-Bullying policies in American schools?
Yeah but the school was only common ground not the place it happen. Where was her blocking feature?
Why does a 12 year old have a phone?

Yeah but the school was only common ground not the place it happen. Where was her blocking feature?
Why does a 12 year old have a phone?
It's in, really in to have a phone....

View attachment 141743

Found it on Youtube :

Okay so it didn't actually say that any of the cyberbullying was from children at the girl's school, but it did say that when her parents brought to the attention of the school they said they were investigating it.

The cyberbullying seemed to be via tablets, which children carry around at schools.

I'm therefore not actually sure why the parents are suing the school per se. Measures could have been taken, such as blocking messages from those who were doing the cyberbullying....then if they were also at the same school and changed to face to face bullying the teachers at the school could have brought a better grip to resolving the situation and dealing with the bullies.

A very tragic happening, children committing suicide because of nasty POS, they were probably jealous of this girl, usually bullies are jealous of those who they bully.

View attachment 141743
You broke it!

I see. So it's their position that the school is also responsible for children's behavior off of school grounds? Jesus Christ, these people are idiots. Nothing bad could possibly come from setting that precedent.

From the Washington posta-
In the classrooms and hallways of her middle school in Rockaway Township, N.J., a group of sixth grade girls continued to torment her. They would tease Mallory, give her dirty looks and snub her, shooing her away from their lunch table.

The taunts, her parents say, soon took a toll on the lively young cheerleader and gymnast. At school, Mallory’s grades deteriorated. At home, she complained of constant headaches and stomach pain. She begged to stay home from school.
My question is why did her parents never contact the bullies parents? And if they want to sue, sue those kids parents- not the school.
Parents need to be made responsible. And why did her parents allow it to go on so long?
I will say Snapchat and instagram should not be available via school tablets.

View attachment 141743

Found it on Youtube :

Okay so it didn't actually say that any of the cyberbullying was from children at the girl's school, but it did say that when her parents brought to the attention of the school they said they were investigating it.

The cyberbullying seemed to be via tablets, which children carry around at schools.

I'm therefore not actually sure why the parents are suing the school per se. Measures could have been taken, such as blocking messages from those who were doing the cyberbullying....then if they were also at the same school and changed to face to face bullying the teachers at the school could have brought a better grip to resolving the situation and dealing with the bullies.

A very tragic happening, children committing suicide because of nasty POS, they were probably jealous of this girl, usually bullies are jealous of those who they bully.

There are limits of what a school can do if the cyber bullying occurs over privately owned smartphones. The parents may be looking for someone else to blame to relieve their own guilt.

It's impossible to prevent all bad things from happening.

In the classrooms and hallways of her middle school in Rockaway Township, N.J., a group of sixth grade girls continued to torment her. They would tease Mallory, give her dirty looks and snub her, shooing her away from their lunch table.

The taunts, her parents say, soon took a toll on the lively young cheerleader and gymnast. At school, Mallory’s grades deteriorated. At home, she complained of constant headaches and stomach pain. She begged to stay home from school.
My question is why did her parents never contact the bullies parents? And if they want to sue, sue those kids parents- not the school.
Parents need to be made responsible. And why did her parents allow it to go on so long?

View attachment 141743

Found it on Youtube :

Those apps are usually blocked on school tablets.....but the school has no control over the apps on student's privately owned devices.

View attachment 141743

Found it on Youtube :

So should students be punished for "dirty looks", and snubbing.

Ok, so it seems it was her phone on school property the 2 times they taunted her there via snap chat, etc. Why they did not block those apps, as well as others that were probably used to taunt her, is beyond me.

We will never know whether this child was pressured at home, or coddled too much. We will never know if she may have suffered from mental illness.

In today's society, parents want to blame everyone and refuse to see if indeed they could have taken some action to help prevent this themselves. I can't imagine the pain, but stop trying to blaming everyone else for this tragedy.

See my post 17

View attachment 141743

Found it on Youtube :

Those apps are usually blocked on school tablets.....but the school has no control over the apps on student's privately owned devices.

Parents need to teach kids how to handle events such as that in life, in my opinion.

And something tells me with her being both a gymnast and cheerleader she was under tremendous pressure at the age of 12.

View attachment 141743

Found it on Youtube :

So should students be punished for "dirty looks", and snubbing.

View attachment 141743

Found it on Youtube :

If the girl was getting pushed around while in the school building, then that right there is how her parents have the ability to sue the place and I hope they kick butt because the harassment was going to happen whether she had access to the internet or not.

God bless you and her parents always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back