Zone1 Things that block people from God

I'm not the only one who has made this observation. You aren't just hearing this from me. I think you should be honest with yourself about what your true motivations are. Because there is no doubt that you are here to grind your ax specifically with Christianity.

Oh look it's Sigmund Fraud again psychoanalyzing people on the internet.

And FYI if there was a Muslim posting here my argument would be the same

It would be so much easier if you were just honest about your motivations for attacking Christianity.

IF a Muslim or any other follower of any other organized religion was posting here my argument would be the same.

What about that statement did you not understand because I don't think I can simplify it.

When I try you people claim that I am telling you what to believe while then saying I have to follow the commands of the god you worship
Most are beyond thinking anyone here is telling anyone what to believe. Most share what they believe and explain why they do not share certain beliefs with another poster. No one can change another's beliefs because beliefs are only in the realm of each individual. Perhaps you have heard the adage, He convinced against his will holds the same opinion still.

I've made my position very clear on that already but I'll repeat it again.

I don't believe in the god of the bible but I am not an atheist.

IMO the god of the bible was invented by people in the Iron Age after the Bronze Age societal collapse. These were a people who endured decades of famine, earthquakes and other natural disasters, famine and societal collapse. Is it any wonder they were looking for something to believe in that would promise a better future? Is it any wonder that the god invented is an authoritarian figure sitting on his throne in heaven since the only form of government the people of the Iron Age knew were societies governed by kings and emperors?

The borrowed the concept of monotheism from, most likely, the Egyptians and built a religion. The OT was too exclusive because not everyone could be a Jew so another religion was born and that religion was Christianity that would include more people.

The canon on the OT was not closed by the Jewish people until 100 CE

The bible was compiled by the Roman Catholic Church around 400 CE. The RCC claimed the position authority in all matters of interpreting the word of this one god.

In my opinion , this is how people invented the god of the bible.

Does a supreme being exist? I have no way of knowing that so it is possible. If there is such a being I do not believe it is any god that any human has ever worshipped.

Are you willing to consider changing your position to mine?

Thanks, but that wasn't what I asked. Lol.

I already know your position, you've stated it many times. What I asked you was "Are you open to changing your position on God?" There's a reason I asked that, but I wanted to ask you that first, because depending on your answer I'll either continue or stop, if you aren't open.

Thanks, but that wasn't what I asked. Lol.

I already know your position, you've stated it many times. What I asked you was "Are you open to changing your position on God?" There's a reason I asked that, but I wanted to ask you that first, because depending on your answer I'll either continue or stop, if you aren't open.

If there was anything that was going to change my mind I really think I would have found it by now.

IF there is just one god, and I'm not sure there is, or that any gods exist at all, I'm not sure what it would take for me to abandon the path I am on but I do know that even if that one god existed my path would not be any of the earthly religions.

And you're not?

Everyone here is to one degree or another.

And I really only have a problem with the wackos like you who think I am somehow obligated to follow your opinions on what I believe or don't as if you could speak for a god.

Talk about arrogance.
No you are an attention whore, who comes to this page to belittle people who believe, and put them down, why else go to a page about something you do not believe in?

No you are an attention whore, who comes to this page to belittle people who believe, and put them down, why else go to a page about something you do not believe in?
What a rubbish remark .
Many people like me believe that not only are Cult Christians extremeny boring and pests , but are also a dangerous Cult , particularly when children are involved .
Would you stand by and say nothing if you saw an activity which you believed would put your children at risk ?

So stop being so arrogant . The unfortunate state of so many Cultists .

I can post anywhere I want for any reason I want

Religion IMO is one of the single most harmful things ever invented by humans

What a rubbish remark .
Many people like me believe that not only are Cult Christians extremeny boring and pests , but are also a dangerous Cult , particularly when children are involved .
Would you stand by and say nothing if you saw an activity which you believed would put your children at risk ?

So stop being so arrogant . The unfortunate state of so many Cultists .
Christians are the ones doing all the charity in the country, so if that is dangerous then so be it, atheists and liberals are the least charitable in the world unless they are taking someone else's money to give away. You are a part of a party that worships the killing of children in the womb so close the mouth, you are also part of a party engaged in child sex trafficking so again shut the pie hole. Your party is the ones allowing children with mental issues, to follow their psychosis to the point where they mutilate themselves. I see children in danger I will not only speak up but will engage those doing the hurting

I can post anywhere I want for any reason I want

Religion IMO is one of the single most harmful things ever invented by humans
I do not care what you think, you voted for a party that says men can have babies, and allows children to follow their psychosis to self mutilation! You mutilate and then remove humans from the womb, yours is the party of sex trafficking and molech worship so pipe down.

I do not care what you think, you voted for a party that says men can have babies, and allows children to follow their psychosis to self mutilation! You mutilate and then remove humans from the womb, yours is the party of sex trafficking and molech worship so pipe down.
I did?

Tell me how do you know who I voted for or if I even voted in the last election at all? Did the MMITS whisper it in your ear?

Maybe you can give me the next winning Powerball numbers too while you're at it

FYI I did not vote in the last election because I could not in good conscience vote for a senile old man or a narcissistic megalomaniac.

I have not voted for any member of the corrupt duopoly in over 20 years

I did?

Tell me how do you know who I voted for or if I even voted in the last election at all? Did the MMITS whisper it in your ear?

Maybe you can give me the next winning Powerball numbers too while you're at it

FYI I did not vote in the last election because I could not in good conscience vote for a senile old man or a narcissistic megalomaniac.

I have not voted for any member of the corrupt duopoly in over 20 years
Yeah sure, weel in any case you still haven't answered why you come to this particular part of the forum to belittle people of faith, do you get some certain form of satisfaction putting people down for faith?

Yeah sure, weel in any case you still haven't answered why you come to this particular part of the forum to belittle people of faith, do you get some certain form of satisfaction putting people down for faith?
Hey you're the one who started telling me what I have to do and that's one of my main complaints against religions and the arrogant assholes like you who think they and only they know what's best for everyone.

so if you don't like what I post don't comment on it. Put me on ignore if you want I don't give a shit

Hey you're the one who started telling me what I have to do and that's one of my main complaints against religions and the arrogant assholes like you who think they and only they know what's best for everyone.

so if you don't like what I post don't comment on it. Put me on ignore if you want I don't give a shit
Never told you what you have to do told you what you actually believe, even if your pride keeps you from believing it's true. You come here and try to act superior because of your disbelief, you are an arrogant arse, you say you don't know how everything started, but then discount faithful people believe in creation, no I won't put you on ignore I will continue to expose you for what you are, an Anti Christ, no better than a demon

Never told you what you have to do told you what you actually believe, even if your pride keeps you from believing it's true. You come here and try to act superior because of your disbelief, you are an arrogant arse, you say you don't know how everything started, but then discount faithful people believe in creation, no I won't put you on ignore I will continue to expose you for what you are, an Anti Christ, no better than a demon

See you just told me you know the truth and I don't. That I have to acknowledge your god

Only you know the way only you can be right only you can play Sigmund Fraud and try to psychoanalyze people who don't agree with you.

And go ahead an keep making an ass of yourself if you want.

Forum List

Back