Zone1 Things that block people from God

No. I want to know what is right about homosexuality. I have lived with atheists all my life and I truly get why people are not into religion. It has nothing to do with homosexuality, pedophilia, abortion, etc. I'll ask one more time: What is right about homosexuality? At this point I am considering you find nothing right about homosexuality.
Still waiting for you to tell us what is wrong with homosexuality. You seem to have a reading problem. I’ve answer your question several times. Is hair color right or wrong ?

Still waiting for you to tell us what is wrong with homosexuality. You seem to have a reading problem. I’ve answer your question several times. Is hair color right or wrong ?
Then I guess we're done. You were talking with someone else about what might be wrong. I just wanted to know what was right. As you are unable to answer the question, we can both move on in other discussions.

Then I guess we're done. You were talking with someone else about what might be wrong. I just wanted to know what was right. As you are unable to answer the question, we can both move on in other discussions.
And do you think homosexuality is wrong ?

This is the religion forum and all elect to enter in. I haven not offered to teach you a thing. I have been willing to share a different perspective from yours. There is no mandate that you read anything that I share. When you take a shot at another poster, you are not even mandated to read it--let alone respond to it. Your choice.

We are all aware you do not find God worthy of your service and nor will you offer any to him. Consider offering a poor homeless person on the street who you do not disdain a cup of coffee or something to eat. But beware...

No just that I should follow commands like a child has to

"When I teach math, I expect students to follow the commands of math."

Telling people to follow commands is not "sharing a viewpoint"

And I'll wager I actually have given more cups of coffee and sandwiches and even hats and gloves to homeless people than you have.

And you people confuse religion with gods the two have little or nothing to do with each other.

Last edited:
Don;t care.

The god you worship is just one of the thousands of gods humans have worshipped so a small g is appropriate

And using the bible to prove a god exists is meaningless.

Ok, thanks for proving my point about why people do that. And I never said or thought that the bible is necessary to prove God. In fact, I (and also Frankenstein) said the exact opposite in those posts about nature, which you ignored. But that's OK, all this is off topic.

"When I teach math, I expect students to follow the commands of math."

Telling people to follow commands is not "sharing a viewpoint"
I see it went right over your head. I teach math. God--not me--gives commands. When a student doesn't follow theorems in math, they cannot work the problem correctly. When God's commands are not followed then, like in math, the end results may be strange.

I see it went right over your head. I teach math. God--not me--gives commands. When a student doesn't follow theorems in math, they cannot work the problem correctly. When God's commands are not followed then, like in math, the end results may be strange.
Math, like science has many view points in problem solving. There are no set theories, corollaries or axioms that work all the time. If they don’t, and even if they do, you are always abliged to take a different approach. That’s real life too. Being skeptical is the only way you find the truth. Being dogmatically obedient to one source, a Bible in this case, is a recipe for failure.

You opinion. Not mine.

You people never seem to understand that all these morals you call edicts from a god existed before the Abrahamic god was invented in the Iron Age and were the result of reasoned thought .

If I don't believe according to some people here than that's because no god has made me believe and that one way or another i will believe.

But IF (and that's a big IF) your god made me then it also made be be the type of person who doesn't accept the "Because I said so" reason for doing anything.

you people just distance yourselves from that and say do it because a god says so.

I find it funny that in a time when people were ruled by kings and despots that the god they invented was basically just another king and despot ruling with an iron fist smiting his enemies left and right and enemies that he himself created so he could smite them left and right

After all when he /she /it made all these people this god supposedly knew he'd be ordering their deaths right?

All these things are just glaring red flags that this god isn;t anyone I want anything to do with

1. Sin (Isaiah 59:2, Colossians 1:21)
  2. Pride (Psalm 10:4, James 4:6)
  3. The enemy (2 Corinthians 4:4)
  4. Preoccupation with this world (1 John 2:15, Romans 1:25)

Sometimes I hear nonbelievers say things like "I would like to believe, but I just don't." So for the sake of those who say that with sincerity, I felt it would be worthwhile to point out that certain things can block people from God. Or another way to put it is, there are certain things that are blinding.

This may not be a complete list, so if you're a believer, feel free to add to this list, in case I left anything out.
But most of all, not knowing the mercy of Jesus

Although sin is an abyss of wickedness and ingratitude, the price paid for us can never be equaled. Therefore, let every soul trust in the Passion of the Lord, and place its hope in His mercy. God will not deny His mercy to anyone. Heaven and earth may change, but God’s mercy will never be exhausted. Oh, what immense joy burns in my heart when I contemplate Your incomprehensible goodness, O Jesus! I desire to bring all sinners to Your feet that they may glorify Your mercy throughout endless ages (Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska,

Well I am under no command to listen or heed.

And I never will.
Changes nothing! Why do you feel the need to come to the religion and Ethics page to whine about those who believe? I mean do you get some sense of superiority doing so, does it make you feel like you are some form of super atheist or something. It goes right back to what I said earlier, you know God exists, and this somehow makes you fell better about suppressing that knowledge, so you can feel better about your lifestyle which goes against him!

Greed and the evil within them. Men are evil. They are more evil when they don't believe they answer to anyone else. It's a.vicious cycle.
Thank you for sharing the word of God, SC. I hope someone who is confused by people who deny God's will and replace it with their own sloth will reconsider simple faith in God, his truth, and his mercy; and before it's too late.

This comes from Christ's words through the sixth Chapter of Matthew:

Prayer​

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.[b]’
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Notice that Jesus Christ encouraged people to address the Father in Heaven with their prayers, but his example of repeatedly asking God to forgive his killers hired by the religious leaders. "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do" shows Christ love and obedience for and to the Lord God.

Jesus practiced what he preached, which earned him the love and obedience to the father his disciples took with them around the world as he told them to go forth into the world and teach people faith in God and prompts them to talk to the Father when they pray. What a wonderful son Jesus was and still is through the Holy Spirit of his Father and his Word.

Prayers up with love and hope for those who practice or begin to practice total faith in God, especially those who haven't experienced his blessings yet but will when their faith has brought them to the Heart of God. :hands:

Last edited:
You people never seem to understand that all these morals you call edicts from a god existed before the Abrahamic god was invented in the Iron Age and were the result of reasoned thought .
I learned it in elementary school, but it came as no surprise to me. Why--were you an adult before you picked up on it. It seems to have greatly surprised you.
If I don't believe according to some people here than that's because no god has made me believe and that one way or another i will believe.
Different theories on that, I suppose. I go with, "Seek and you shall find." Some stop seeking when they believe there is no God to find.
But IF (and that's a big IF) your god made me then it also made be be the type of person who doesn't accept the "Because I said so" reason for doing anything.
"I said so" was not the reason for any of the Commandments.

After all when he /she /it made all these people this god supposedly knew he'd be ordering their deaths right?

All these things are just glaring red flags that this god isn;t anyone I want anything to do with
The red flag is not properly understanding the story. Kind of like misreading a map and trotting off in the wrong direction along a very wide path, but being content with what else one finds.

You opinion. Not mine.

you people just distance yourselves from that and say do it because a god says so.

I find it funny that in a time when people were ruled by kings and despots that the god they invented was basically just another king and despot ruling with an iron fist smiting his enemies left and right and enemies that he himself created so he could smite them left and right

You, and nearly every atheist on this site HAUNTS the Religion Forum. You can't seem to stay out of these discussions. I wonder what a phycologist would say about this need of yours?

If there were a forum devote to discussions about Santa, I just can't see myself inserting myself into every (or any) thread about what Santa has done for you.

I can see you're looking to be convinced. And that you just like to argue. Yet I sense that not so deep within your soul you're looking for Hope. I hope God chooses to call you.

You, and nearly every atheist on this site HAUNTS the Religion Forum. You can't seem to stay out of these discussions. I wonder what a phycologist would say about this need of yours?

If there were a forum devote to discussions about Santa, I just can't see myself inserting myself into every (or any) thread about what Santa has done for you.

I can see you're looking to be convinced. And that you just like to argue. Yet I sense that not so deep within your soul you're looking for Hope. I hope God chooses to call you.
It’s like the wizard of Oz. We come back for another rerun.

For me it was neither. I didn't grow up in a Christian home. My dad was a hardcore atheist, and my Mom went to Catholic church, but God/religion was never talked about in our home (my parents had made an agreement early on to never talk about religion, which is probably why they were happily married for 54 years, despite their opposite views.) I was not a believer, probably because at that time my only exposure to religion was the Catholic church, and even as a child and teen I could see things that turned me away from it all, so I threw out the baby with the bathwater. I didn't become a born-again Christian until many years later, as an adult. And even though the moment I became a believer was a one-time instant thing.... "trust" in the nature /character God is something that sometimes takes many years to grow, and that trust comes through experiences, trials, and actually seeing with one's own eyes that Romans 8:28 is true: God works all things for the good of those who love him.
That is fine, from the heart and wise.
Newman makes a similar point. Looking back you see Providence clearly in many cases

Changes nothing! Why do you feel the need to come to the religion and Ethics page to whine about those who believe? I mean do you get some sense of superiority doing so, does it make you feel like you are some form of super atheist or something. It goes right back to what I said earlier, you know God exists, and this somehow makes you fell better about suppressing that knowledge, so you can feel better about your lifestyle which goes against him!

I can't talk about religion and ethics if I want to? Says who you or your god?

ethics has nothing to do with religion and religions have nothing to do with gods and everything to do with ethics

I can't talk about religion and ethics if I want to? Says who you or your god?
Much of what you do:
  • Tell people what is wrong with their faith/belief/religion--and according to your interpretation/understanding of the Bible.
  • You don't understand that many have a more in depth study (not reading but study) of scriptures that your own reading has caused you to reject God.
  • It is understood you are still in the shallows, and that what you have found there caused you to walk from the shallows in another direction. Understand that some of us did not walk up out of the shallows in a new direction, but dove deep into the depths.
Where to go from here:
  • Stop telling others what is wrong with their faith/belief/religion. Accept you are the one who has it wrong.
  • On the other hand, we sincerely respect your journey. Focus and tell us what it is you have found on your own path.
  • Where are you now?
  • What are you learning?
  • What questions do you have about basic philosophies?
  • We can share with you what we have discovered about these basic philosophies in the depths of the oceans, and you can share with us what you have learned (without religion/scripture) from the top of the mountain.
Religion/Ethic forum discussions can be so much enlightening. Let's give it a try, shall we?

Forum List

Back