Things will get much worse after the election

It kind of was really. Putin would not have invaded Ukraine while Trump was president and Biden lifting sanctions in Nord Stream 2 played a large role in Putin’s decision and timing. Even still, the war in Ukraine was not the impetus for high inflation in the US.
I am sure you can pinpoint exactly where the next tornado will touch down.

It kind of was really. Putin would not have invaded Ukraine while Trump was president and Biden lifting sanctions in Nord Stream 2 played a large role in Putin’s decision and timing. Even still, the war in Ukraine was not the impetus for high inflation in the US.
True it was due to shutting down the economies in the world over COVID.

I nsure you can pinpoint exactly where the next tornado will touch down.

Unlike you, I can put two and two together and come up with four. Trump sanctioned Nord Stream 2 to save Germany from their own stupidity and not to allow Putin more leverage. Biden wasn’t smart enough to figure that out and the average Democrat only knows what they are told by MSNBC and what they read on Twitter and Facebook.

Nobody wants the austerity measures that will be necessary.....The RINOs and neocons love spending money as much as the dems do....How do you think that they keep their PACs fat?
If they think inflation is like a recession they are already fucking up.

True it was due to shutting down the economies in the world over COVID.

Are you trying to say it isn’t Biden’s fault? Are you trying to say that COVID was bigger than him? Funny, but every post I read regarding Trump talks about the economy, job market, etc. but ONLY after COVID hit. Somehow, that was his fault, despite the fact that prior to that we were doing extremely well. Biden hasn’t done anything but hurt our recovery. He could have done absolutely nothing and we would be much better off.

We need to buy a wood stove, to heat this house this winter instead of heating oil!

We have two cords of wood and another 5 cords of wood in dead trees that are sprinkled in the woods on our property, and we do have a center home fireplace, that does heat it, but very inefficiently....the fireplace is huge and has a four by five foot opening, I can almost stand upright in it! Well, basically this causes us to use double or triple the wood of a normal fireplace and a lot of the heat escapes up the chimney.....

A wood stove, tucked in the huge fireplace would serve us better, more efficiently! And we could use our heating oil, only for the hot water in the house....and not heating it!
/---/ Ever consider a fireplace blower?

Covid/supply issues (both human labor and material shortages)....caused inflation, worldwide, not just in the USA! And added in the USA the covid supplements/stimulus, we all got during covid!

Would you give all of the help we got back, and let many folks suffer back then during covid...so that inflation would be a little lower now?

Last edited:
Yep, much more pain to come.....Funny how that pain does not extend to the spendthrift cabal in DC.

That said if the EU reverse embargo goes forward it will surprise me....I don't think that they have the balls to match their virtue signaling.
I don't think the pain free only exist in D.C.! I believe anyone in their salary range is not really affected by inflation in any meaningful, hurting way! Those of us making less, always are hurt more! :(

Covid/supply issues (both human labor and material shortages)....caused inflation, worldwide, not just in the USA! And added in the USA the covid supplements/stimulus, we all got during covid!

Would you give all of the help we got back, and let many folks suffer back then during covid...so that inflation would be a little lower now?

Again, so inflation is not Biden’s fault, it was COVID and yet nearly everything Democrats point to with regards to Trump’s performance while in office was post-COVID.

Biden could ease the pain but has made it much worse by needless spending.

/---/ Ever consider a fireplace blower?
My problem, is this old fashioned colonial era, walk in fireplace....we can't find A fireplace insert big enough to fit!!!!!!!!!!!

It would take A whole bunch of masonry perhaps, to make it smaller somehow, to fit A smaller insert with blower??

Have you ever voted for anyone running on that platform?

Both parties spend too much money, that’s for certain. The difference for me is where the money is spent. My wife could use too much of our budget buying lattes at Starbucks every day or too much of our budget making improvements to our home. Too much is too much, but one is better than the other.

Yellen is warning that fuel prices may soar soon, once Europe stops buying Putin Crude.

Is it a coincidence this coincides with the November elections?

LOL.

And don't forget, farmers across the globe are being stopped from growing what they usually grow, due to the war on fossil fuels and fertilizer. This means, for the fist time farmers have not been allowed to grow as much, which means less food and higher prices to come.

Oh, and the Fed just realized inflation is still crazy, sending the stock market plummeting again.

This means higher and higher and higher interest rates to come.

Just let those Dims win the Senate again and they can unleash their hounds of hell upon us all.
We dems don't want the republicans to win!!

Republicans bitching about inflation are neglecting to talk about their plan to address it.

They've been talking about it for decades! It's called supply side economics AKA: trickle down economics...and it not only works...it simply just IS. It is how economics works.

But you keep listening to democrats who want to make the grass a different color and keep wondering why your children are starving.

Again, so inflation is not Biden’s fault, it was COVID and yet nearly everything Democrats point to with regards to Trump’s performance while in office was post-COVID.

Biden could ease the pain but has made it much worse by needless spending.
Outside of the early stimulus, his spending hasn't really hit the economy yet....it's spread over a 10 year period, and govt bureaucracy crud slows money getting out there, so the infrastructure and this new supposed inflation bill, is not affecting inflation much yet...inflation was and is, already happening from supply issues..... and some other worldwide issues....

His early in presidency covid stimulus hurt, because it burned holes in our pockets!!! We could not wait to get out and spend it!!! Spend, spend, spend! The economy was on fire....but we had no supply to support our spending....causing prices to rise, as well!!!

Two years of covid disruption, is going to take two years to fix, at least, imho....more pain to come.... :(

Forum List

Back