🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This great Obama economy!

Can our economy ever improve?

What is our economy about?

We had an industrial economy and then the owners decided to fire Americans and move the jobs to low wage countries.

Then we were a service economy. Now we're a consumer economy.

How unsustainable is that? There is no longer anything to put people to work doing that pays a living wage.
No, jobs moved because Americans are undereducated, unskilled, self-centered boobs.

Until Americans realize they cause their own problems, and quit blaming others, expect it to get worse not better.

No, Roadrunner.

Our jobs didn't move because Americans are undereducated, unskilled, etc. It's as crazy to say that as it is to think the president has much to do with the day to day jobs picture.

When the import duty structure was changed and manufacturers found they could replace a well paid American with a poorly paid Asian and import the goods into the country tax free, they fired the American blue collar worker and put the money into their own pockets.

But right wingers like to blame the American worker and kiss up to the greed heads who are ruining this country.

We had an industrial economy and then the owners decided to fire Americans and move the jobs to low wage countries.

How unsustainable is that? There is no longer anything to put people to work doing that pays a living wage.
No, jobs moved because Americans are undereducated, unskilled, self-centered boobs.

Until Americans realize they cause their own problems, and quit blaming others, expect it to get worse not better.

No, Roadrunner.

Our jobs didn't move because Americans are undereducated, unskilled, etc. It's as crazy to say that as it is to think the president has much to do with the day to day jobs picture.

When the import duty structure was changed and manufacturers found they could replace a well paid American with a poorly paid Asian and import the goods into the country tax free, they fired the American blue collar worker and put the money into their own pockets.

But right wingers like to blame the American worker and kiss up to the greed heads who are ruining this country.

Dammit you might've killed the thread bring facts into it!

No, Roadrunner.

The president could force a tariff on all imports and protect our businesses. We need that structure back!

We need to invest big time into infrastructure, science, r&d and education. You're very right!!!

Hogwash! There is no need for EVERY JOB to pay a living wage! My children learned the value of money by working for peanuts. I supported them though it all. There was no need for them to provide food, shelter, clothing, health care, transportation for themselves because I did it with my living wage job. If someone paid them $2.00/hr to clean a driveway...they could save the entire income....and I would match it.

Hogwash! There is no need for EVERY JOB to pay a living wage! My children learned the value of money by working for peanuts. I supported them though it all. There was no need for them to provide food, shelter, clothing, health care, transportation for themselves because I did it with my living wage job. If someone paid them $2.00/hr to clean a driveway...they could save the entire income....and I would match it.

Yet the bottom HALF of America, those filing income tax returns, averaged less than $15,000 per family, 11% of the income pie in 2012, down nearly $5,000 from the amount they had in 1980!!!

Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data Tax Foundation

raise-the-wage23.jpg

15b78e52742e7d2066867d759fc7b9aa.jpg

The same conditions lasted for more than three decades, i.e., consumer spending and heavy borrowing across the board:

Krugman and the pied pipers of debt

The US having problems selling our debt???

How did the US get in this shape again? Hint REAGANOMICS/BUSHANOMICS. Gut revenues AS you ramp up Gov't spending (and ignore regulator warnings as Bankster run a ponzi scheme on US)

US household debt doubled under Dubya 2001-2007

James Kennedy and Alan Greenspan, on the effect of mortgage equity withdrawals (MEWs) on the growth of the US economy.

jm101708image004_5F00_3.gif

Notice that in both 2001 and 2002, the US economy continued to grow on an annual basis (the "technical" recession was just a few quarters). Their work suggests that this growth was entirely due to MEWs. In fact, MEWs contributed over 3% to GDP growth in 2004 and 2005, and 2% in 2006. Without US homeowners using their homes as an ATM, the economy would have been very sluggish indeed, averaging much less than 1% for the six years of the Bush presidency. Indeed, as a side observation, without home equity withdrawals the economy would have been so bad it would have been almost impossible for Bush to have won a second term.

The Economic Blue Screen of Death - Thoughts From The Frontline - Investment Strategies Analysis Intelligence for Seasoned Investors.

Last edited:

Yet the bottom HALF of America, those filing income tax returns, averaged less than $15,000 per family, 11% of the income pie in 2012, down nearly $5,000 from the amount they had in 1980!!!

raise-the-wage23.jpg

...and you think raising the minimum wage will automatically correct this when in reality more of the bottom HALF of America will simply lose their jobs!

raise-the-wage23.jpg

...and you think raising the minimum wage will automatically correct this when in reality more of the bottom HALF of America will simply lose their jobs!

LOL, Yeah, THAT'S happened EVERY-TIME min wage was raised right? lol

The Job Loss Myth

The Most Rigorous Research Shows Minimum Wage Increases Do Not Reduce Employment
The opinion of the economics profession on the impact of the minimum wage has shifted significantly over the past fifteen years. Today, the most rigorous research shows little evidence of job reductions from a higher minimum wage. Indicative is a 2013 survey by the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business in which leading economists agreed by a nearly 4 to 1 margin that the benefits of raising and indexing the minimum wage outweigh the costs.

This page reviews the most widely-cited and influential studies on the impact of minimum wage increases on employment, and examines the primary reasons why low-wage employers can afford higher wages today.

The Job Loss Myth Raise The Minimum Wage

400 families own as much wealth as 150 million of US

Bw4tN5ECAAAuiOY.jpg

raise-the-wage23.jpg

The Job Loss Myth

The Most Rigorous Research Shows Minimum Wage Increases Do Not Reduce Employment
The opinion of the economics profession on the impact of the minimum wage has shifted significantly over the past fifteen years. Today, the most rigorous research shows little evidence of job reductions from a higher minimum wage. Indicative is a 2013 survey by the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business in which leading economists agreed by a nearly 4 to 1 margin that the benefits of raising and indexing the minimum wage outweigh the costs.

This page reviews the most widely-cited and influential studies on the impact of minimum wage increases on employment, and examines the primary reasons why low-wage employers can afford higher wages today.

Bw4tN5ECAAAuiOY.jpg

Reasonable raises in the minimum wage have never hurt job growth. In many cases it helped. Now, if we were to all of a sudden double the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to $15.00, then I would agree that it would have a negative effect on jobs.

raise-the-wage23.jpg

The Job Loss Myth

Bw4tN5ECAAAuiOY.jpg

Reasonable raises in the minimum wage have never hurt job growth. In many cases it helped. Now, if we were to all of a sudden double the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to $15.00, then I would agree that it would have a negative effect on jobs.

Yet the study shows $10.10 an hour wouldn't AND the CBO said it would lift up 16+ million people!

raise-the-wage23.jpg

The Job Loss Myth

Bw4tN5ECAAAuiOY.jpg

Yet the study shows $10.10 an hour wouldn't AND the CBO said it would lift up 16+ million people!

$10.10 per hour would be more than reasonable currently, at least in most places. Some of the bigger cities should be somewhat higher.

The same conditions lasted for more than three decades, i.e., consumer spending and heavy borrowing across the board:

Krugman and the pied pipers of debt

The US having problems selling our debt???

How did the US get in this shape again? Hint REAGANOMICS/BUSHANOMICS. Gut revenues AS you ramp up Gov't spending (and ignore regulator warnings as Bankster run a ponzi scheme on US)

US household debt doubled under Dubya 2001-2007

James Kennedy and Alan Greenspan, on the effect of mortgage equity withdrawals (MEWs) on the growth of the US economy.

jm101708image004_5F00_3.gif

Notice that in both 2001 and 2002, the US economy continued to grow on an annual basis (the "technical" recession was just a few quarters). Their work suggests that this growth was entirely due to MEWs. In fact, MEWs contributed over 3% to GDP growth in 2004 and 2005, and 2% in 2006. Without US homeowners using their homes as an ATM, the economy would have been very sluggish indeed, averaging much less than 1% for the six years of the Bush presidency. Indeed, as a side observation, without home equity withdrawals the economy would have been so bad it would have been almost impossible for Bush to have won a second term.

The Economic Blue Screen of Death - Thoughts From The Frontline - Investment Strategies Analysis Intelligence for Seasoned Investors.

That's right. The chart in the article that I shared shows decades of Reaganomics in action.

March 9, 2015

The private sector has added 12 million jobs over 61 straight months of job growth, extending the longest streak on record

Dubya LOST 1+ million PRIVATE sector jobs in 8 years. Even stopping in Dec 2008, PRE his great recession, it was a pathetic 4 million. That 'loser' Carter had 9+ million in a MUCH smaller economy... Weird right?

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

U.S. Economy Is Pulling Ahead, towing of Rest of the World & it's not a scam like Bush's sub-prime lending that caused the worlds biggest economic disaster

When hard-working people earn a living wage with benefits, they pay taxes instead of receiving government assistance and actually have more disposable income to spend on growing the (local) economy,

So many people refuse to recognize that poorly-paid workers have no choice but to be dependent on government and/or charities.
More jobs with better pay (so people could churn the economy) would solve a lot of our problems.
March 9, 2015

The private sector has added 12 million jobs over 61 straight months of job growth, extending the longest streak on record

Dubya LOST 1+ million PRIVATE sector jobs in 8 years. Even stopping in Dec 2008, PRE his great recession, it was a pathetic 4 million. That 'loser' Carter had 9+ million in a MUCH smaller economy... Weird right?

U.S. Economy Is Pulling Ahead, towing of Rest of the World & it's not a scam like Bush's sub-prime lending that caused the worlds biggest economic disaster

When hard-working people earn a living wage with benefits, they pay taxes instead of receiving government assistance and actually have more disposable income to spend on growing the (local) economy,

So many people refuse to recognize that poorly-paid workers have no choice but to be dependent on government and/or charities.
More jobs with better pay (so people could churn the economy) would solve a lot of our problems.

Bureau of Labor Statistics. Bible of the misinformed faithful.

With all the Bullshit this first class moron spews from his ass-mouth having swallowed every lie handed to his willing stupidity by the anti-American clowns in the White House, it's a wonder he ever has time to visit these forums rather than hugging his proctologist's chair 24/7

If it were worth my time, I would prove all this idiots assertions are pure garbage.....but it isn't.

This assclown is obviously a Socialist and hater of American exceptionalisn who likely wouldn't donate a dime to a charity benefiting his own mother.

Time spent arguing with a complete moron such as Dad2Three is simply wasted time.

The really sad thing is if this moron really does have any hatchlings.

Here comes the boringly typical extreme left rebuttal in .3..2..1

Last edited:
March 9, 2015

March 9, 2015

Bureau of Labor Statistics. Bible of the misinformed faithful.

With all the Bullshit this first class moron spews from his ass-mouth having swallowed every lie handed to his willing stupidity by the anti-American clowns in the White House, it's a wonder he ever has time to visit these forums rather than hugging his proctologist's chair 24/7

If it were worth my time, I would prove all this idiots assertions are pure garbage.....but it isn't.

This assclown is obviously a Socialist and hater of American exceptionalisn who likely wouldn't donate a dime to a charity benefiting his own mother.

Time spent arguing with a complete moron such as Dad2Three is simply wasted time.

The really sad thing is if this moron really does have any hatchlings.

Here comes the boringly typical extreme left rebuttal in .3..2..1

Got it Bubba, when shown with actual data and FACTS you'll stick with right wing urban myths and BS the ONLY thing right wingers EVER have. SHOCKING

Forum List

Back