This has gotta be a dupe. Laughable if true.

The military either has grooming standards or it doesn't

These standards should apply to everyone or no one

If you don't like it or if your sky fairy tells you you can't cut your hair then you are shit out of luck

Why?

What's the downside to letting them wear turbans?

The whole point of the military is to promote cohesion. Special treatment does not promote that

No special treatment

IMO women should have to have the same haircuts as the men if they want to serve as well

The military is not a democracy people it never was and never should be

Obama orders U.S. Army uniforms to include Muslim headscarves, turbans ! ! !

After intervention by the Council on American Islamic Relations, the Defense Department reportedly decided it will now allow Muslim students participating in the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps to wear headscarves and turbans while in uniform. <snip>

That man is a Sikh, not a Muslim.

Seriously, you guys never fail to embarrass yourselves.
Have you always been an ass kisser??

After intervention by the Council on American Islamic Relations, the Defense Department reportedly decided it will now allow Muslim students participating in the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps to wear headscarves and turbans while in uniform. <snip>

Have you always been a moron?

Your post doesn't even make sense.

If you don't like it or if your sky fairy tells you you can't cut your hair then you are shit out of luck

Why?

The whole point of the military is to promote cohesion. Special treatment does not promote that

No special treatment

IMO women should have to have the same haircuts as the men if they want to serve as well

Do you really think that serving with a guy who gets to wear a turban is really going to lower unit morale?

This just doesn't seem like a real issue to me. Who cares?

Why?

No special treatment

Do you really think that serving with a guy who gets to wear a turban is really going to lower unit morale?

Don't know don't care

No special treatment

Have you always been a moron?

Your post doesn't even make sense.

Look up irony... he was making a joke...sheesh

Why?

No special treatment

What can it hurt?? military morale the lowest it's ever been in the country's history… Lol

Tough to live in America, is it not?

Don't know much about Sikhs, but the ones around here spend a lot of time on the curl of their mustache. Much more elaborate than the guy in that picture. Friendly, though.

Fuck you bulldog, Nikki is a skih and one hell of a woman and governor.

Don't know much about Sikhs, but the ones around here spend a lot of time on the curl of their mustache. Much more elaborate than the guy in that picture. Friendly, though.

I'm not sure why you might think I was being derogatory to Sikhs. I just mentioned something distinctive about the ones I'm familiar with. If Nikki is Sikh, that just proves that some of them might be ass holes.

They do that to keep their mustaches out of their mouths - one of the tenets of Sikhism is that they're not allowed to cut any hair on their bodies.

If you look closely in the picture, you'll see that the tips of his mustache are twisted into his beard on either side, which is also tied into a little bun under his chin.

You can tell immeditely by the facial hair and the style of turban - no Muslims wear a turban like that (in fact, very few Muslims wear turbans at all).

All interesting. The ones I have met seem OK. They really don't seem to be more than people just trying to make it like the rest of us. I don'really know any of them, but I do have a few as acquaintances.

It's actually a quite fascinating religion.

All religions are fascinating. I wish I could feel as strongly about mine as I did before I spent time studying what it actually stands for.
A Mormon, huh?

No.

They do that to keep their mustaches out of their mouths - one of the tenets of Sikhism is that they're not allowed to cut any hair on their bodies.

If you look closely in the picture, you'll see that the tips of his mustache are twisted into his beard on either side, which is also tied into a little bun under his chin.

You can tell immeditely by the facial hair and the style of turban - no Muslims wear a turban like that (in fact, very few Muslims wear turbans at all).

All interesting. The ones I have met seem OK. They really don't seem to be more than people just trying to make it like the rest of us. I don'really know any of them, but I do have a few as acquaintances.

All religions are fascinating. I wish I could feel as strongly about mine as I did before I spent time studying what it actually stands for.
A Mormon, huh?

No.
lying for the Lord, huh?

I'm not sure why you might think I was being derogatory to Sikhs. I just mentioned something distinctive about the ones I'm familiar with. If Nikki is Sikh, that just proves that some of them might be ass holes.

So now you hate nikki botch?

Lets recap Will we, these dumb ass redecks around here are so fucking racist, sexist and dumb they managed to vote for a WOMAN and dot head skih?

Ya do know there is only 6 women governors today correct ?

3 republicans and 3 democrats.

A Mormon, huh?

No.
lying for the Lord, huh?

Nope.I'm not too impressed with what I know about Mormons. They were a lot of fun when they used to beat on my door. I'd force the conversation to really dumb shit, like why squirrels seem to like acorns but not peanuts, get them to sing with me, invite them to the Church of Satan, they became progressively distracted, and I became more entertained until they finally figured out they weren't going to have much success with me, and finally left me alone

So now you hate nikki botch?

Lets recap Will we, these dumb ass redecks around here are so fucking racist, sexist and dumb they managed to vote for a WOMAN and dot head skih?

Ya do know there is only 6 women governors today correct ?

3 republicans and 3 democrats.

My dislike of Nikki Haley has nothing to do with her religion, and everything to do with her republican ideas.

Forum List

Back