This Inflation Thing Has Gone Too Far......SPAM Doubles In Price

More questions. Is spam liverwurst? If not what is liverwurst and also mincemeat?

No they are not the same. spam is processed pork leftovers ground up and pressed into a loaf form. Liverwurst is usually beef or pork liver that goes through a similar process. You are more likely to see Braunschweiger in stores in the US than liverwurst. It is smoked liverwurst. Usually in a roll like sausage somewhere around the lunch meat section. Mincemeat is mostly dried fruit, some kind of booze to re-hydrate it and beef suet or vegetable shortening. And beef suet, before you ask, is a type of crumbly fat from specific parts of a cow. Mincemeat used to be made from meat but not anymore.

How do you figure?

Costco......8 cans....$21.00 ($2.62 a can)

Your online prices........

$3.50 X 8 = $28.00

12 can case $39.00 = $3.25 a can.

Plus I got two large rotisserie chickens while I was there. Six meals for two at $1.66 for each meal....Cheaper than SPAM. ;)

What are you Filipino?

Only people I know that eat Spam are Filipino’s!!!

Anyhoo, I noticed the cost of eggs have almost doubled in a few months, so come one Biden, Pelosi and Schumer let win big in November!!!
Around $4.25 for a 18 count package of medium eggs.....My daughter in Virginia Beach said it was over $5.00 for a 18 count package.

How do you figure?

Costco......8 cans....$21.00 ($2.62 a can)

Your online prices........

$3.50 X 8 = $28.00

12 can case $39.00 = $3.25 a can.

Plus I got two large rotisserie chickens while I was there. Six meals for two at $1.66 for each meal....Cheaper than SPAM. ;)
Your right. I didn't do the math

No they are not the same. spam is processed pork leftovers ground up and pressed into a loaf form. Liverwurst is usually beef or pork liver that goes through a similar process. You are more likely to see Braunschweiger in stores in the US than liverwurst. It is smoked liverwurst. Usually in a roll like sausage somewhere around the lunch meat section. Mincemeat is mostly dried fruit, some kind of booze to re-hydrate it and beef suet or vegetable shortening. And beef suet, before you ask, is a type of crumbly fat from specific parts of a cow. Mincemeat used to be made from meat but not anymore.

Thanks that was very informative. All sounds comparable to hot dogs. While I think its gross, I know people eat hot dogs uncooked.

Thanks that was very informative. All sounds comparable to hot dogs. While I think its gross, I know people eat hot dogs uncooked.

Everybody has their things I guess. People think it is gross that I put mustard on pizza and mayo in pinto beans. I thought it gross my dad liked gravy on cantaloupe. I haven't eaten spam since my last dog died. She liked the stuff which was only reason I bought it. Am not a fan. I do like to fry Braunschweiger with some onions from time to time in the winter months. I like liver. Always have. I would rather have fried chicken livers than fried chicken LOL.

Around $4.25 for a 18 count package of medium eggs.....My daughter in Virginia Beach said it was over $5.00 for a 18 count package.

They were like $1.57 a dozen here yesterday so maybe the odd quantity is part of the price.

$2.98 for 18 count large eggs in Jackson, TN last week.

$2.98 for 18 count large eggs in Jackson, TN last week.
For some reason large eggs are less expensive.....I only buy medium as they tend to have a better flavor as far as store-bought eggs go.....My local pawn shop has a guy that brings in fresh eggs which are far superior for $1.25 a dozen with a carton turn-in.

For some reason large eggs are less expensive.....I only buy medium as they tend to have a better flavor as far as store-bought eggs go.....My local pawn shop has a guy that brings in fresh eggs which are far superior for $1.25 a dozen with a carton turn-in.
Hmmm. Had never known or recognized difference in taste on white medium vs white large eggs, though knew difference between white and brown eggs.

There are good eggs and bad eggs.
The Wife buys these fancy eggs and they taste far better than say a grocery store brand.

On Spam...
it's not something I eat very often but it's great for long term food storage.
If you cant find the low sodium stuff you can slice the regular stuff into 1/4 inch thick slices and simmer them for around 5 minutes and allow them to soak for another 5 minutes.
This will pretty much remove all the salt.
Saw this on a YouTube video a couple of days ago when the Wife brought home three cases of the stuff for prepper supplies.
She also picked up 4 of the big canned hams for the same reason.

But they are cooked - most hot dogs are just balogna though I prefer the term "tube steak".
But if by uncooked you mean not heated, then yeah, not a fan.

BTW when I went to Lidl today in the forgotten parts of Virginia, the price for 18 large eggs was:

eggs.jpeg

Culpeper? It's in the most forgotten area of Virginia I can think of with one. ;)

We have a ALDI, they have really good sales.

This wasn't a sale. Aldi and Lidl have cheap prices on basic things like milk, eggs, flour, sugar, spices. I live on the southern border about smack in the middle between your daughter and the Great State of Tennessee. I prefer Aldi once I am in the door, but our closest one is in a PITA spot so I go to Lidl a few blocks away but far quicker to get into and out of.

Forum List

Back