This is a disgrace. Fort hood shooter still receiving salary has earned so far $278K

Reason he still collects pay: greedy lawyers.

Reason he hasn't been tried: greedy lawyers.

Reason America is pissed off: greed in important places.

The Reason he is still collecting pay: greedy big government rent seekers

It's part of the process, it's the way the law is written. It's unbelieveable the sick bastard isn't ambient room temperature of course, but he has to be convicted first.

Why that hasn't happened yet escapes me, it's beyond just politics as far as I can tell, and has more to do with global PR.

He's still too poor to pay for a lawyer.

Strap him down shave him and try him.

It's part of the process, it's the way the law is written. It's unbelieveable the sick bastard isn't ambient room temperature of course, but he has to be convicted first.

Why that hasn't happened yet escapes me, it's beyond just politics as far as I can tell, and has more to do with global PR.

You must have forgot. He grew a beard. Military law requires him to be clean shaven. Hasan claims a religious obligation to keep his beard. A judge agreed that his religion obligates him to keep his beard. The judge also recognized and upheld military rules regarding no beard. So he can't be tried.

It's a disgrace, but I wouldn't say that he "earned" the salary.

As this is not viewed as an act of terror or war those injured recice no additional compensation to assist them or their familes. This is the real disgrace.

Openning arguments scheduled for July 1.

They will get it back when the retroactively bust him back to O nothing and dishonorably discharge him.

How do they know they will? I'm serious, I don't know how this works. But maybe he sent money out somewhere, somehow. If he's in prison, or put to death, they may never get it back. But then, like I said, i really don't know how this works.

You must have forgot. He grew a beard. Military law requires him to be clean shaven. Hasan claims a religious obligation to keep his beard. A judge agreed that his religion obligates him to keep his beard. The judge also recognized and upheld military rules regarding no beard. So he can't be tried.

Court-martial him for the beard, dishonorably discharge him. That means he no longer gets paid...they try him, convict him, and shoot him.

and said the department can't suspend his salary until he has been proven guilty.

The REAL question is why hasn't he been proven guilty yet? He should have been found guilty a week later after the terrorist attack AT MOST!

This is inexcusable for our military justice system.

This has nothing to do with the military justice system. Remember? This was NOT a terrorist attack ... it was merely a "work place violence" incident ... something tried in a civilian court. Had Hasan been given a military tribunal, as he should have been, he would have been in Leavenworth a long time ago. I think Hasan could very easily die of old age before this thing ever sees the inside of a civilian courtroom.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back