This Is a Real Reason Why Middle-Class Incomes Remain Stagnant

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
I've been saying this for years. Unfortunately most of the Republican candidates have been talking about expanding this program. Hopefully they can be re-educated before one of them gets elected:

This Is a Real Reason Why Middle-Class Incomes Remain Stagnant

H-1B visas are used by large corporations to bring into the United States cheap foreign workers who typically have college degrees. Corporations like this because they can control these foreign workers, and keep wages low for Americans by hiring foreigners. H-1B visas are a big reason why real wages in our country have not increased for the average worker.

Each year, companies are allowed to import 65,000 new hires from foreign countries, plus another 20,000 who have received a degree from an American university. The result over the past decade has been to staff corporations with hundreds of thousands of foreigners in good jobs that should have gone to Americans. Many middle-aged Americans with families to support, particularly in hi-tech fields such as computers, are unable to find a good job today because of this terrible program. Now things are getting even worse. Some companies are misusing this program in order to lay off American workers and send their jobs overseas, after the foreigners are trained here in how to do the work. This results in an offshoring of thousands of jobs, which are then permanently lost to our country.

Despite this, misguided candidates for president support expanding H-1Bs, which would take even more jobs away from Americans. Marco Rubio, for example, introduced a bill earlier this year in the U.S. Senate that would triple the number of new H-1B visas allowed annually. Any economist will confirm that as unemployment decreases in our country, real wages should be increasing. But this is not happening and the H-1B visa program to bring cheap foreign labor into our country is the reason why. It is time to end H-1B visas, not expand them.

No. Minimum wage, the base for all wages hasn't increased with costs.

The federal minimum wage went up in 2009, median income went down. And just so you know only 5% of the working population are working for minimum wage.

Last edited:
No. Minimum wage, the base for all wages hasn't increased with costs.

Foreigners are the real problem in this country. I see it in my line of work. It doesn't matter whether they are legal or illegal, they come here and work for next to nothing. They have ten people living in two bedroom houses and apartments.

Next year our industry (transportation) will need over 46,000 new workers to drive trucks. Industry can't find them. Americans are too busy talking on their Obama Phone and eating like a pig on SNAP''s cards that they have no interest in the jobs or a new career. Industry now has to turn towards foreigners who will have to come here and take these jobs. They will work long hours, work for cheaper wages, and won't be too caught up in smoking pot so employers have no problem with them passing the drug tests.

So don't blame minimum wage. Minimum wage workers are less than 3% of our population, and most minimum wage workers are kids, part-time workers or seniors looking for something to fill up their time.

The federal minimum wage went up in 2009, median income went down. And just so you know only 5% of the working population are working for minimum wage.

You've conveniently forgotten what happened in 2007-2008 (Republican, BushCo, corporate America caused economic crash) which is the actual reason.

Yes, only 5% of the working population (10 million people) work at minimum wage levels. So 10 million people have wages below the poverty level in most cities. That's something to be really proud of don't ya think?

Foreigners are the real problem in this country. I see it in my line of work. It doesn't matter whether they are legal or illegal, they come here and work for next to nothing. They have ten people living in two bedroom houses and apartments.

Next year our industry (transportation) will need over 46,000 new workers to drive trucks. Industry can't find them. Americans are too busy talking on their Obama Phone and eating like a pig on SNAP''s cards that they have no interest in the jobs or a new career. Industry now has to turn towards foreigners who will have to come here and take these jobs. They will work long hours, work for cheaper wages, and won't be too caught up in smoking pot so employers have no problem with them passing the drug tests.

So don't blame minimum wage. Minimum wage workers are less than 3% of our population, and most minimum wage workers are kids, part-time workers or seniors looking for something to fill up their time.

The problem is employers are paying close to minimum wage. Minimum wage should be $23.50/hr.

btw; It's the Reagan phone.

The answer:

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2015 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 500 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2015 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce small business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

The problem is employers are paying close to minimum wage. Minimum wage should be $23.50/hr.

btw; It's the Reagan phone.

Well if minimum wage at $23.50 per hour is good, then minimum wage at $45.00 is better. If minimum wage at $45.00 is better, then minimum wage at $60.00 per hour is best, don't you think?

So what do you suppose would happen if we set minimum wage at $60.00 per hour? How many jobs do you think would stay in this country? How much do you think that new car would cost? How much do you think that new house would cost? Would you be happy paying $1,600 a month for a rental of a one bedroom apartment?

It's not so much the percentage of foreign workers, it's what they do.

Seen a roofing crew, or framing crew that wasn't comprised of illegals lately? I haven't.

Pretty much all the low end manual labor is being eaten up this way. Now is this a bad thing? Yes it's a bad thing, because it removes one of the areas people used to have to learn skills and progress upward financially.

Now a lot of those funds exit the country, so it's a drain on the money supply. Because those people also receive a lot of federal benefits, it's a drain there also.

It pressures prices upward on the low end scale jobs. This hurts the buying power of the middle class as it makes their goods more expensive.

Assuming they're dumb enough to jack up the minimum wage again because of the low end worker pay that isn't illegal, and I make no bets against the stupidity of government, regardless which party runs it, the middle class will suffer more.

The answer:

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2015 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 500 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2015 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce small business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

The economy would implode within a month if Congress passed that.

remember folks, the democrats cares for you working slobs. that's why Obama just put on the books to allow more of these visas for Foreigners. so keep cutting your own throat and vote Democrat. you did such a fine job on that nobody Obama

I just don't see it....
Annual Fiscal Year Cap on H-1B Visas

figure1_5.png

Forum List

Back